Better and better

Hi Jo?o - the app gets better and better - brilliant work. I've asked our astrology group to put a link through to the charts page from our website/facebook page.

I love the new styles for the wheels.

Ed
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

JoeQuarry wrote: Looks good! Do you plan to add more features for use in Horary?
Hi Joe,

I'm currently working on a desktop and android versions of Charts. After that, my plan is to start a more featured application (called Elements). Elements should have features for Natal and Horary Astrology (temperament, almutem, essential and accidental dignities, etc.).

But let's see how things run with Charts first.. :)

Hi Jo?o,

thank you so much for your programme! It's a real pleasure to work with and to look at.

To see the terms is more than helpful.

But if there would be small lines or marks, even very short lines or only smallest points on the outer line of the circle to mark the positions of the planets again, their positions with regard to the terms could be seen absolutely certain then.

Johannes

Hello Joao,

thanking you again for the nice app, I would like to note that Saturn is supposed to have turned retrograde on the 14th March 2015 but Flatangle apparently puts it as retrograde only from the 15th.

Cheers

Iris

irisalbus wrote:Hello Joao,

thanking you again for the nice app, I would like to note that Saturn is supposed to have turned retrograde on the 14th March 2015 but Flatangle apparently puts it as retrograde only from the 15th.

Cheers

Iris
I think that is probably due to location. It would be the 15th in some parts of the world and the 14th in others.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Hi Iris,

Curtis is right, it depends somewhat on time and location.

But there is also the issue about Saturn being stationary. I found this skyscript thread (http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7066) which talks a little bit about the problem, although it doesn't talk too much about "numbers".

In my own code, I'm setting that a planet is stationary when its movement is less than 4 arc-seconds, that is why Saturn was only considered retrograde (by my software) after 5 am UTC of the 15th of March.

I can't find any sources that define "stationary". Is it when the velocity is 0.0000, or there is an interval here? Can anyone share any ideas about this?

Jo?o Ventura
Last edited by jventura on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello all,

I was not doing a theoretical debate on when Saturn turned retrograde ? of course the exact time depends on location, too, but when I use a software that calculates a chart, I would expect that, inserting a given location (as I did), the correct time of retrogradation is calculated to that location.
So I guess the real issue is, as Joao says, when the state of being stationary is considered to be ended and retrogadation is considered to be begun. Thanks for clarifying it. Unfortunately I cannot add anything regarding the rest of the question.

Cheers

Iris