Deb wrote:Hi Jo?o

It is really looking great, but is there a way to have a chart that includes Uranus, Neptune and Pluto but does not include Chiron?
Hi Deb,

for now, there isn't any option to remove Chiron, but I may add it in the future..

Regards,
Jo?o Ventura

Hello everyone,

one thing that keeps bothering me sometimes is that when people post charts on threads, the other users are forced to use the posted chart image as is. For instance, while some people post charts with Whole Sign houses, others prefer Alcabitus or Regiomontanus. Also, while some prefer to list only the traditional planets, others prefer the modern set of planets.

The only solution is for the chart owner to provide the data and other users use it in their preferred software. However, I've updated Charts to provide a simple solution: instead of providing the full data of a chart, you now just need to share an URL. For instance, here is ?dith Piaf's chart:

(http://apps.flatangle.com/Charts/app/ap ... 3333333335).

You can click on it to open the Chart, and then you can set your own preferred settings, such as wheel type, house system or planetary set. To share an URL of your own you just need to fill the data fields to create a chart (A), and copy the URL from the top url bar (B). You can continue to export the chart as image using (C).

Paste the URL anywhere you want, even in a personal Word file if you like. You can use it like a kind of personal chart database.. :)

Regards,
Jo?o Ventura
Last edited by jventura on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's a nice idea. Until now I had assumed Flat Angle only worked for Macs, because the program did not appear to work on my Windows machine - now I see that it works in Chrome, but it's not working in Internet Explorer (I am using version 11).

Hi Deb,

in theory, since it is a web application, it should work on any browser on any device and operating system! It works on my Android phone, on the iPad, and I've seen it work on a Samsung smartTV as well..

But Internet Explorer, that is another story.. :D

Made some small changes to the new URL feature: it doesn't include the house system and planetary set anymore, only the time/location data.

I decided this way because one person may use, for instance, Alcabitus houses and everyone who clicked his links would see their settings changed to Alcabitus as well. Now, only the data is shared and everyone keeps their own settings, that is the sole reason for this "sharing" feature.

By the way, I save settings on the browser, so if you change browsers, you will have to set your preferred settings again.

Regards,
Jo?o Ventura

jventura wrote:Made some small changes to the new URL feature: it doesn't include the house system and planetary set anymore, only the time/location data.

I decided this way because one person may use, for instance, Alcabitus houses and everyone who clicked his links would see their settings changed to Alcabitus as well. Now, only the data is shared and everyone keeps their own settings, that is the sole reason for this "sharing" feature.

By the way, I save settings on the browser, so if you change browsers, you will have to set your preferred settings again.

Regards,
Jo?o Ventura
Hi Jo?o ,

The save function doesn't work on safari on macos.It does work on Firefox.

PD

pankajdubey wrote:The save function doesn't work on safari on macos.It does work on Firefox.
Hi pankajdubey,

I guess you are talking about the "Export Chart" button, which does not seem to work on Safari. I'll fix it, thanks.. :) (Edit: fixed!)

The save function I mentioned in my previous post is this:
- Open ?dith Piaf chart in Safari: http://goo.gl/F0L3Fu
- Close the browser
- If you go to Charts app (http://apps.flatangle.com/Charts) and start the app, you should get ?dith Piaf's chart again because it is saved in the browser session. It should also maintain your chart theme and planet settings..

Thanks again,
Jo?o Ventura

jventura wrote:Hello PD,

Thanks for the feedback! I guess I have to test better for Safari.. :)
Btw, is your Mac on Mavericks (OSX 10.9) or Yosemite (OSX 10.10)?

Jo?o Ventura
Hi Jo?o, it is Yosemite 10.10.4.