Secondary Progressions

Hi Folks,

One thing I can't square and that is do what degree to "1 day a year" secondary progressions change us over our lives ?

Are we talking sort of fundamental changes from our Childhood Personalities ? Different people ? Or just tweaks ?

Certainly when the Sun, or the Asc, IC, change Sign massive experiences can be felt.

Especially if a Sign has been Intercepted something completely Unseen appears.

Or when aspects move to completion.

My own experience was of an Intercepted Sagittarius in my 4th House appearing when I was about 5. My whole World was thrown into Chaos.

Also the completion of the Jupiter combustion wasn't pretty either.

H

Progressions and directions

Hi Rocko: My experience is that progressions and directions are cycles of growing up. The natal chart is still the most important factor. Everything in the natal chart still has the same meaning, but by advancing the chart, as planets and sensitive points change signs, houses and by the formation of new aspects and the completion of existing ones that energizes different planets; the whole basic nativity gets a new distinct flavor not present before. Almost like an overlay or a thin veneer that subtly, or not so subtly colors a life. IOW... The energy coiled up in the day for a year symbolism shows the life patterns and trends for the year under consideration.

For some people the changes are gentle, for others it can be earth shattering at times. It all comes back to the radix and the dance of the progressed chart.

Really only the Moon and the personal planets can make new aspects and when they do almost always indicates a significant event. If two planets are natally in trine or sextile aspect and by progression they come into a square or opposition, that year is an opportunity to take advantage of the ease and flow that natal energy promises.
On the flipside, if a natal opposition or square by progression becomes a sextile or trine that is a wake up call to confront those natal challenges in a positive way.

Just my take. Best Regards and Blessings,
A.

It is a hard one to quantify. Hard to explain to others too.

Sure it is about growing and developing but you feel the Native Chart ONLY really bends and stretches, or contracts.

I was 9 years a Pisces then 30 an Aries, now 15 a Taurus. Those changes have been pretty clear for me.

But am I really just a Pisces underneath ?

H