he'd be an interesting VPOTUS candidate for one of the wild eyed rad gop hotshots ...

I'm of the opinion that Hillary's over ... I use p-moon a lot and she's in a waning phase Nov 2016, waxing phase translates as momentum and growing popularity ... , haven't done Elizabeth Warren's chart yet, but I like her rhetoric.

Incidentally, Obama's beginning to state some positions that I actually agree with ... his initiative to improve the BIA schools for native Americans ...

Sonja

Just in case things get out of hand here can I just remind everyone that the focus here is astrology and how it relates Romney and the Republicans next Presidential candidate race.

Your all fully entitled to your political opinions. But please keep them off the forum. They add nothing to our astrological understanding.

Non partisan political comment/analysis combined with astrology is on the other hand most welcome. For example., Tom's explanation earlier in this thread of the nomination system is very useful for non-American members to get the political context of the issues. Mundane astrology and predictions need some grounding like this.

Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I think the recent statements by Mitt Romney are very interesting. Some of you recall that in 2012, I said that if he runs in 2016 that he would be very hard to beat: http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-file ... n2012.html

Mitt Romney is about to enter a 10th house profection year. Remember June of 2015 was Trump's 69th birthday and he announced within a couple of days of his 10th house profection year and very shortly after that was considered the front runner. I think it possible that Romney might be thinking of entering the race now that he's on the cusp of his 10th house profection year. If he does, my prediction still stands even though it probably means a brokered convention at this point (Tom pointed this out earlier in this thread as a remote possibility). Trump's astrological figures aren't bad however, it's just that Romney is about to enter a very powerful 10th from fortune spirit period and also a 10th house profection year to boot. On election day, Romney's profected ascendant will be conjunct his Sun (annual medieval variant) to the degree.

Trump will also be in a new and powerful profection year where the Sun is present and has a trine from Jupiter and absent the ray of Saturn and a weak sextile (Valens says this is too feeble to do much harm) to Mars. It's clear that he's riding the wave of anger and resentment generated by the current establishment of lobbyist sell outs for personal gain.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

This is interesting. What follows is going to sound political, but it is in reaction to this remark by Curtis:
Mitt Romney is about to enter a 10th house profection year. Remember June of 2015 was Trump's 69th birthday and he announced within a couple of days of his 10th house profection year and very shortly after that was considered the front runner.
The facts as stated are perfectly accurate, however I don't believe the outcome will be the same. I will be shocked if Mitt Romney tries to enter the GOP race in any capacity. In addition to his blasting of Donald Trump, he praised Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. You don't do that if you are planning on entering the race.

Nevertheless his 10th house profected year is accurate, astrologers have to believe it signifies something. What? Romney has been pretty much sitting on the sidelines for the past 4 years. My father used to say that politicians were like race horses, no matter what the circumstances, if you
take the blanket off them, they'll run. The GOP convention is only months away. Romney has no organization and the primaries are rounding the turn and heading into the home stretch. It's too late for that.

Is he hoping that Trump will enter the convention with less than the necessary 1237 pledged delegates, and he'll present himself as the candidate best equipped to bear the GOP standard? Maybe, but if Trump has the necessary delegates, it won't matter. He's the nominee unless some serious chicanery occurs. But what will that do? As Curtis points out:
It's clear that he's [Trump] riding the wave of anger and resentment generated by the current establishment of lobbyist sell outs for personal gain.
Will those people simply shrug their shoulders and vote for the candidate preferred by the very people at whom their rage is being expressed? Nah. Is Romney aware of this?

That's the question. If he and the GOP establishment are so oblivious to the reasons why the candidate they hate is so popular among their voters, then a 10th house profected year might well have as much to do with delusion as it does with eminence.

I think if Valens had to apply astrology to the American electoral system as opposed to monarchy, he would have taken up golf.

In times when there is less volatility, I might agree with you more Tom, but I think conventional wisdom is going to be thrown on its head over the next year or so. Since I think astrological influence belongs in the category of material causes I wouldn't presume to say what Romney's decision might be, but if he does get involved in the race then I think circumstances will change enough for him to emerge into a leadership role. If not, I think it likely that he will be highly visible July 18th when he has just entered his 10th from fortune spirit releasing with Aquarius L4. One manifestation of this suggests he might play a spectacular role at the republican convention. If he stays out of the race, then it will manifest in some other area he is involved in.

As for Romney praising Rubio and Cruz, Trump and Cruz were practically doing that to each other not too long ago. Circumstances have changed very quickly.

Trump's indicators are also very strong though and astrology has a problem with measuring of intensive magnitudes. How much is strong enough? There is also the issue of quality vs quantity. Trump has the advantage qualitatively as well (being in line with the zeitgeist of the times). He has risen to a powerful position because the facts don't matter when you're riding the wave of resentment generated over the last several years.

The other thing to consider is that Clinton may get indicted by the FBI sometime after it can do anything to help Sanders. So a possibility is that Sanders concedes, Hillary goes into the democratic primary victorious only to be struck down by some scandal. In the mean time Hillary may do considerable damage to Trump before she's taken down. This is the kind of volatility that isn't that hard to expect. Granted, Hillary's email scandal is suspect of being trumped up for political purposes because if anyone from the state department had sent anything that was classified at the time it was sent, its likely that we would have heard about it by now because that person(s) would have been arrested. It's more likely that emails were sent and then later classified top secret which would then be the fault of the sender not of the receiver.
Curtis Manwaring

Tom wrote:Will those people simply shrug their shoulders and vote for the candidate preferred by the very people at whom their rage is being expressed? Nah...
I know Sanders supporters who are similarly angry but many of them are considering voting for Hillary to block Trump because they are so afraid of what Trump might do (the common lesser of two evils argument). The alternative might be that one would have to write in their candidate. If Trump gets thrown out due to some sort of chicanery at the republican convention, Trump might go back on his word and run as an independent.
Curtis Manwaring

Curtis, I think there is a scenario in which Romney urges Republicans to vote for anyone but Trump, with the idea that it doesn't matter if any of them takes the lead so long as Trump doesn't win enough delegates prior to the convention. Then (a) the party establishment delegates at the convention could support Cruz, Rubio, or Kasich; or (b) Romney or some other candidate emerges as a dark horse.

I get that many Americans are fed up, but there is an "out of the frying pan, into the fire" potential with Trump.

I have to wonder whatever happened to the party stalwart "business Republicans" aka "country club Republicans." They supported Romney in 2012, and if there's one thing the markets dislike it is the kind of volatility that would follow Trump every time he dropped a bomb(astic remark.) I don't know how Republican delegates are selected, but my guess is that a large share of them are likely to come from the old-time business Republican wing of the party.

In the meantime, even though I lean Democratic, I hope you're right about Romney getting the nomination, if not Kasich. I take no pleasure in thinking one of the other Republican candidates could get anywhere near the White House.

Is it even possible for Romney to enter the race at this late stage? Even Rubio looks like having insufficient delegates to have any chance at the Convention unless he wins the primary in his home state of Florida coming up. And as a previous loser who garnered Trump to his campaign I am not sure Romney has that much credibility amongst many Republicans as an Anti-Trump candidate. Plus organizationally he looks in no condition to run a campaign. I think Tom's analysis is fairly spot on here. I wonder what really motivated Romney? If he didn't want to run his chances of hurting Trump would have much better before Super Tuesday. Its looks like a last desperate knee jerk reaction of the GOP establishment to stop Trump. But like everything else about Trump they have totally miscalculated his appeal.

On the astrological issue there seems to be an assumption that good transits, profections or primaries etc = political success. I see two problems with that view. Firstly, it assumes a lot of external factors outside the nativity being favourable too. That is often not the case. Secondly, people are often not in tune with their astrological peak periods and sometimes run campaigns at disastrous times. For example the Scottish Nationalist leader Alex Salmond decided to hold an independence referendum during a 12th house profectional year. He still had a very good campaign, considering the odds were always stacked against him during the referendum, but that was helped by the fact that the UK Prime Minister David Cameron was also in a 12th house profectional year during the campaign and a monthly 12th house sub-period on the day of the vote. Fortunately, for Cameron he entered a 1st house profectional year just weeks after the vote.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

In times when there is less volatility, I might agree with you more Tom, but I think conventional wisdom is going to be thrown on its head over the next year or so.
Politically, conventional wisdom has already been tossed on its head. But that explanation has nothing to do with astrology.
Is it even possible for Romney to enter the race at this late stage?
It has to be too late for the primaries, but after I wrote my previous post I got to thinking (always dangerous) I might have made an off hand comment that deserved more consideration.

It is possible that Romney's speech, and there may be more to come, is designed to first thwart Trump gaining the necessary 1237 delegates. Let me explain, briefly, how this works:

When a candidate wins a delegate, that delegate is required to vote for that candidate on the first ballot only. There may be a few exceptions here and there, but for our purposes this will do. A candidate needs 1237 votes to win the nomination. Therefore, anyone who enters the convention with 1237 votes pledged to him, wins. There is one ballot, a lot of confetti, balloons, and noise, then the nominating process is over.

If no one receives 1237 votes on the first ballot, then anything goes. The delegates can continue to support their candidate, or they can vote for someone else. This has not happened in 60 or more years.

But let's say Trump enters the convention with less than 1237. The first ballot comes and goes with no nominee. Enter Romney, offering himself as a fine choice to defeat the Democrats. The GOP leadership who hates both Trump and Cruz, supports him, makes a lot of promises, and viola! Mitt wins. That is at least a theoretical possibility. However neither party has renominated a losing candidate for the Presidency since the Democrats nominated Adlai Stevenson twice in the 1950s. I think the Republicans last time doing this was in 1948 when they renominated Thomas Dewey.

But then, Romney has a 10th house profected year every 12 years. I would think we would need something in addition, something strong that indicated his nomination and perhaps a victory.

i'm toying w/the jeb!'ster's conspiracy theory w/the Clinton Foundation, having been schtupped by Trump proposes Trump's candidacy to make HRC look good. eg the Donald as a Clinton Tool. Also hrc's self-server machine her right to destroy 'personal' communications -- what? transmitting government as yet unclassified documents to The Clinton Foundation ... that wicked mutual reception in her chart mars/pluto - sun ... hillary is as not guilty as those bankers who were rewarded rather than jailed ... too big to fail with a fatal case of affluenza

Tom wrote:But then, Romney has a 10th house profected year every 12 years. I would think we would need something in addition, something strong that indicated his nomination and perhaps a victory.
Trump has a 10th house profection year happening right now. Romney has that and a ZR Spirit to 10th from fortune (Valens says that this is very important) and more (better trigon lords for one). There is also something else that perhaps is unable to be considered... such as lords of the year, month, day and hour that Valens talks about with the arising of Sirius. What would we use for DC? But it also comes down to sphere of manifestation. If this isn't somehow available to the realm of the possible then it can't happen. In any case Valens said such times that Romney is about to enter indicates high visibility, being in front of the crowds, known by many... all true before as well but it is a question of degree.

John Travolta was also in the same Scorpio 10th from fortune period in 1977 and 1994. What is Travolta best known for? Grease, Saturday Night Fever in 1977 and Pulp Fiction in 1994. So there's your perspective to render what you're looking at intelligible.

ZR 10th from fortune periods typically label us as what we are best known for. I was in one such period in August 2006. That was when Delphic Oracle got widespread recognition.
Curtis Manwaring

Mark wrote:On the astrological issue there seems to be an assumption that good transits, profections or primaries etc = political success. I see two problems with that view. Firstly, it assumes a lot of external factors outside the nativity being favourable too. That is often not the case. Secondly, people are often not in tune with their astrological peak periods and sometimes run campaigns at disastrous times...
I addressed these issues at the bottom of this article a few years ago:

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-file ... n2012.html
Curtis Manwaring