To keep it simple, let's assume that the houses are of the kind of whole sign houses.

The 'Taurus-person' has Venus in the 7th, so this person has the 'Libra-person's' Venus in the 12th, which is the most bad house.

The 'Libra-person' has Venus in the 1st, so this person has the 'Taurus-person's' Venus in the 8th, which is the second evil house.

For the Taurus-person the partner would be like a hidden enemy.

For the Libra-person the partner, or better the partner's wish for harmony or his/her kind of harmony, would be the cause of problems and difficulties.

Be aware that the Venus of the 'Taurus-person' is not the lady of the 1st, this person would be signified by Mars.
Your example would work a little bit better when we saw Venus in both charts as the general significator of harmony.

Hi Jo,

Thanks so much for your response. I understand your logic, and yet I feel you are leaving out a few factors. Firstly, can Venus nature in Taurus and Libra override the negative 12th and 8th house influences? I mean this in the way, that Venus is Venus, and although in Tau and Lib they are different, they are more than anything alike, because Venus is Venus. If he is looking for Venus (as demonstrated by his 7th house ruler), and she symbolizes Venus (as demonstrated by her 1st house ruler), can this reconcile the seemingly troubling influence of the 8th and 12th?

Another question I wanted to ask. So, what you were suggesting is it would be better if they both had Venus Rising or both had Venus on Desc?

good question. i am glad you didn't ask it in the trad forum, lol.. i think there is more involved than only a planet seeing another planet... this theory of a planet seeing (or not) another planet works for some though i suppose.

i think it is a nice connection for the following reason.. venus in taurus in the 7th is positive for relationships. venus in libra in the first is good too for conveying oneself in a harmonious and venusian manner which will obviously appeal to the venus in the 7th chart. just looking at these two venus placements isn't enough, but on their own i think it is positive for a relationship, maybe more for the venus in the 7th then the venus in the 1st. hard to say without seeing the rest of the chart..

ps.... if both charts have venus on the ascendent axis, venus will show up square the axis composite too.. depending on how they are placed they could still show up square the ascendant axis in the composite and possibly conjunct the midheaven axis depending on how the axis juxtaposition in the individual charts.. if this is the case, venus is much emphasized as a consequence..

i view it diametrically opposite jo here.. putting one planet in the house of another just doesn't work for me personally. but then only looking at one point in a chart doesn't either.. net positive here for me though and different types of synastry - which is what jo is doing can work too.. i just don't think you can get the answer only off this consideration..

Charles and Diane had quincunx venii ... hers in Taurus, his in Libra, I believe in the Venus ruled quincunx (pisces, Taurus, libra) they do regard each other by dint of a common ruler/exaltation ... so, too, Scorpio & Aries vis a vis Mars ... not seeing scorpio/Gemini, Aries/Virgo ...

OP, I think its kind of a situation whereby we are looking at a couple of tress in a forest, if you get my drift. But yeah, I understand you make that point in your post, however it is dangerous to isolate and thus concentrate on only a small portion of the equation.
In the case of attraction and thus relationship in general, we are all the composite whole of our natal charts and not just comparing 1 planet + 2 houses no matter what the planet is or houses stand for.
Sure, Venus is important with this stuff, but what about the other 'personal' (Sun -> Jupiter/Saturn) influencing planets & aspects they make between two people?
Think, Mercury, Moon & Mars.... different combos of these can make or break any potentiality for compatibility irrespective of Venus being comfortable in the energy interchange of personal relationships.
Libra Sun/ Pisces Moon/ Sagittarius Rising

SGFoxe wrote:Charles and Diane had quincunx venii ... hers in Taurus, his in Libra, I believe in the Venus ruled quincunx (pisces, Taurus, libra) they do regard each other by dint of a common ruler/exaltation ... so, too, Scorpio & Aries vis a vis Mars ... not seeing scorpio/Gemini, Aries/Virgo ...
In my experience planets in quincunx relationships generally don't "see" each other, rather like two ships passing in the night. Obviously Charles didn't see Diana as his "great love," as his continued affection went to Camilla whom he later married. If you try to communicate with someone whose Mercury is quincunx your own, the frustration is apparent. One person says something, but the other person hears something different. I don't think signs enter into it. It's the planetary relationship itself that's frustrating.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm