General questions regarding Horary Astro

Dear Forum,

Considering that I am learning this part of astrology, I have few questions and I would be grateful if someone can help me out with these:

1. Chart Turning:

Q. If the chart is truned, does teh cardinal, succeedent and cadent house chnage as well or does the rule remain the same?

2. Partnership:

Q. The modern times denote the relationships and partnerships equivalent to marriage. Does that symbolize the 7th house as well or does one need to use 5th house as a rule? From my personal experience here in Brussels, I know plenty of couples who have kids together, and live togher for year, yet they have never married.

3. Timing regarding the question:

Q. Supposeing that a question comes in my mind at 1300hrs, but I draw the chart at a later time (1800 hrs). Would I take the time when the question came into my mind or when I draw the chart?

Thank you in advance for input and help.
I wish you all well and a nice weekend.
Ash

General questions regarding Horary Astro

Hi Ash,
good questions! Here are my views on them:

1) With regards to the turned chart, I'm sure everyone will have their own inclinations but in my experience the cadency, succeedence and cardinality of the planets retain their original significance as in the radix, but if the question is about a child, for example, [ 5th house ] and you find his significator in the 4th house, then it will be cadent *from his point of view*, [ turned 12th ] even though angular from that of the querent. A fine distinction, maybe, but one that could make all the difference when measuring timing or circumstances.

2) The 7th house should always be viewed as focal when it comes to marital or other forms of partnership. The 5th is the house of love affairs, not lovers. As John Frawley says, the 7th is your lover, the 5th is what you do with your lover...

3) As for the time that a chart is valid from, it is always the time that the astrologer understands the question, not the time when the chart is cast, which might be days later.

Hope this clarifies things just a bit.
Cheers....
==
Pete