charlie hebdo event and nodal axis

hi there,

i was away when this happened so was unable to comment on the astrology around it. however as i said on another thread rocko had made a comment in late december which i was following the astrology on and curious about too.. his comments from december 18th can be found here: http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8567

here's a chart for the actual event of the charlie hebdo shooting.

free upload pictures

here is a wikipedia page on the event.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hebdo_shooting

there are many astrological observations that can be made off the chart, but the one i want to single out is the proximity of the sun/pluto conjunction square uranus at the nodal axis.

one of the ideas about the use or not of the outer planets - pluto/uranus in this example - is the association with world events or energies, as opposed to the personal with the outer planets. often these outer planets don't seem to add much to an understanding of a chart and act more like dumb notes in the chart. however i think in relation to world events and energies they have greater significance.

i have always made an association with pluto and terrorism. the sun/pluto conjunction to my mind would strengthen the possibility of a terror event being possible. add the square of sun/pluto to uranus/nodal axis and the ideological differences represented by pluto and uranus become more possible in the form of a terrorist event to further a particular ideological position..

it is interesting how this outer planet square of pluto/uranus on the nodal axis and highlighted by the sun seemed to be a trigger to this event which was of major significance on the world stage. these events might happen and not be tied to the nodal axis.. 9-11 for example had a mars/moon opposition on the nodal axis, but didn't engage the outer planets as it did in this event. i am not sure what this means.. not living in france, it is hard to know just how the event has changed the living situation of people in france and europe more generally. it seems to have strengthened a polarization over the topic of immigration.. i doubt it had any impact on the greek election, but perhaps there are some underlying energies that are at work here that are hard to read astrologically.

one other passing comment regarding the part of fortune.. it is interesting how this part captures the essence of what i have tried to emphasize or articulate regarding the sun/moon phase - 8th house when one uses solar houses, and 8th house when the sun is above the ground as it is in this chart for the event.. regardless of whether one uses the pof, i do think any part that goes back to emphasizing this sun/moon relationship is an important one.. i can also see why some astrologers might have stuck with a fixed recipe for getting the pof whereby the part lands in the place that it reflects in the sun/moon phase.. perhaps this is a separate idea that could be taken up on another thread..

i read an article which captured much of my own viewpoint on the more general topic of all the political hooplah that came in the immediate aftermath of the charlie hebdo shootings.. you can read it here if interested.

http://www.medialens.org/index.php/aler ... ation.html

Hi James,

Yes Uranus on the south node and Pluto square nodal axis was certainly a tense configuration considering the ongoing Uranus-Pluto square.

The only thing I would add was the applying Mars -Saturn square here. Its out of sign but within orbs so still operative. Traditionally, this is really nasty.

Your right Rocko's comment in December was very prescient. It proves watching these cycles in general terms pays off.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks mark,

i had been thinking of rockos comments in preperation for susan and i leaving for malaysia late january 6th - moon in cancer and in this same window of time.

the waxing square between mars and saturn shows up in the midpoint pictures more strongly as well. 13 cap 47 is the mars/saturn midpoint while pluto is at 13 cap 23 in the natal chart. uranus is not too far away either... essentially the pluto/uranus is at the mars/saturn midpoint which makes this a more potentially dangerous configuration for that in itself.. the ascendant 2 minutes earlier would have been right on this midpoint configuration as well.. if the time is an approximation, i could see the time being shifted a couple of minutes earlier..

jupiter/neptune midpoint is 28 taurus 23.. if one thinks of these 2 planets as having something to do with religious idealism, having pluto exactly 135 this midpoint is suggestive of an expression of extremism in association with it.

basically if one is into midpoint pictures and hard aspects out to the 8th harmonic - there is an incredible line up in the astrology here that i would associate with the nature of this event...pluto is at the midpoint of many of these combos by conjunction, or hard aspect..

midpoint pic on a 45 degree wheel below.

gif hosting