Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

New book combining traditional and modern prediction

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: New book combining traditional and modern prediction Reply with quote

Hi All,

I wanted to let Skyscripters know about a new book on prediction I just published by my Turkish colleague Oner Doser, who is a leading astrologer in Istanbul. The back cover verbiage follows, and you can read a PDF excerpt at I am offering free shipping on the book until next Friday, February 13!

"This new work by popular Turkish astrologer Öner Döşer embodies an important new trend in astrology: the harmonizing of traditional and modern techniques for contemporary astrologers.

"In this first English edition, Döşer presents numerous powerful and ancient techniques for natal charts, focusing on the use of "time lords": planets and places which manage one's life, in order, for various amounts of time.

"The traditional techniques here include: Ptolemy's Ages of Man, triplicity periods, distributions or directions through the bounds, primary directions, profections, and firdaria. Contemporary techniques include secondary progressions, solar arcs, and transits.

"Of special importance is the combination of techniques, such as transits to a solar return, or in conjunction with firdaria periods. With concluding chapters on eclipses and solar returns, Döşer provides valuable advice for using these techniques in rectification."
Traditional Astrology Texts and Teaching

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oner is a very active, experienced and influential Turkish astrologer. I've noticed over the last couple of decades how some very good international astrologers don't get the widespread international recognition they deserve because English is not their first language. It is good to see English translations being made available of modern works written in other languages, rather than just vice versa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> News, Notices, Books, Links All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: