chris brennans latest podcast

Birth Data Collection, Sect, and Other Research

i am into it as far as 40'.. it is interesting! right where i am in the podcast chris is discussing the fuzzy website astrotheme and the idea of getting an accurate birth time off that site..he is still touching on this at 47 minutes in! it is worth the listen if only for what chris is saying on this! still on astrotheme at 55 minutes. i agree chris! thanks for saying all that.. check it out if interested -

http://theastrologypodcast.com/2015/02/ ... -research/

That's a good point, Curt. Some time ago I had a nativity from 1958 and was surprised to learn (can't remember why I looked it up) that at the time, Saint Paul (the capital of Minnesota, just a few miles away) had not adopted daylight savings. So you could work in St. Paul, and by the time you drove home to Minneapolis a few miles and minutes later, the time would be off by 1 hour. But the records I found online were sketchy and contradictory.
www.bendykes.com
Traditional Astrology Texts and Teaching

What a lot of people never think of is that some people don't obey the time changes (and that there are deliberate fabrications). For instance, the Amish in our area have their own clocks that don't shift with daylight savings time. Now you might think that's not a big deal right? Well it turns out now that in our area the Amish now make up about 50% of the farms around Pulaski, NY. This population based info isn't unusual. It's not just location, but who is keeping the clocks that is important. When you have a population that co-exists and is plural this is typical.

There is an entry for Tylers Corners in the American Atlas (just down the road from me) which has been the Stock residence since the 1800's . My family has had dozens of farms in this area on Manwaring Rd since 1809. I asked my father about the history of that place (Stock residence named as Tylers Corner). It seems odd that there is data about what was showing on the wall in a private residence and that it differed with some of my families farms on Daysville and Pulaski since we cooperated together as farm suppliers. My father has said that we all kept the same clocks since the early 1930's and that only in the last 5-7 years or so has there been a difference due to the Amish arriving in great numbers. The area around Daysville, Port Ontario and into Fernwood are all owned by relatives of mine and it goes back a couple of centuries.

Particularly back in the 40's and 50's this was a very Caucasian non-integrated agricultural area. It's the kind of place where everyone knows their neighbors for miles. I think there was greater stability in time change here in the past than would seem to be implied by the American Atlas.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC