Nocturnal-diurnal?

What about this one:
DC 25-26 Pisces, SUN 22:22 Pisces ?
Is there an orb?
Is it definitely a nocturnal chart? This also matters with regard to Zodiacal Releasing.
Would be nice to get a response.
LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

Re: Nocturnal-diurnal?

Lunlumo wrote:What about this one:
Is there an orb?
Is it definitely a nocturnal chart? This also matters with regard to Zodiacal Releasing.
LL
I think technically people may consider it a nocturnal chart. In reality differences in altitude and atmosphere refraction and all kinds of other things may make this sun still visible over the horizon and so be diurnal.

But what I personally believe is that up until a few degrees below the horizon it is still diurnal but I'm sure many people will disagree. The only thing to do is try to see which one makes the most sense in the context of your chart, with all other things taken into consideration. I usually allow for a few degrees, but I may well take this chart as being nocturnal.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Thx Paul,
I can follow you there - I think the latitude should also be taken into account.
The more away from the Equator the longer the dawns and dusks. The chart I was refering to has a latitude of about 49 degrees north.
LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

If the Sun is setting or is about to set shortly then it means the day is coming to an end and the Sun as the diurnal luminary is "dying" i.e. handing over the dominance to the Moon which is the nocturnal luminary.

Just the opposite applies if the Sun is (about) to be re-born on the eastern horizon at dawn.

Goran
Last edited by cor scorpii on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

Re: Nocturnal-diurnal?

Lunlumo wrote:What about this one:
Is there an orb?
LL
Try Morinus speculum if it shows the Ascensional difference/Horizon distance like so:
PD

My general practice is that when the Sun hits the degree, minute and second of the Ascendant, it's a day chart, and vice-versa at night. Another way to look at it is that a chart is diurnal starting with the first planetary hour of the day and nocturnal starting with the first planetary hour of the night.

There is more than one definition possible. Atmospheric refraction can cause the Suns disk to show on the horizon as much as 1.5 degrees before actual sunrise and still be visible about 6 minutes after actual sunset (with no atmosphere). If one thinks of sect as political party in the way Schmidt defined it, then the period before sunrise is a bit of a lame duck session for the Moon and vice versa for the Sun just before sunset.

Astronomical sunrise as reported in many programs uses atmospheric refraction, but this is not the same as the ascendant. If the amount of light is a factor, then twilight might have a tendency to side with the diurnal sect or whatever sect Mercury sides with at the time.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC