"Will my partner buy a new car within a month?"

I have come across this horary, which keeps bugging me, I am unsure as to how to solve it.
I would very much appreciate any comments on this chart.

The question was asked by a woman: "Will my partner buy a new car within a month?" Her partner was waiting for a friend from abroad to deliver him a good car.
March 23, 2005, 2:06:40 pm EET (12:06:40 pm GMT), Tirgu Mures, Romania (24e33, 46n33).
(Asc 13Leo24, Moon 05Vir35)

It is interesting that taking the 7th house for the partner, both the partner's friend (turned 11th) and the car (turned 2nd or 3rd, as you prefer) are represented by Rx Jupiter in the turned 9th.
But there is no aspect whatsoever between Jupiter and Saturn, 7th house ruler (or modern ruler Uranus). Well, there is a trine from Jupiter to the turned Ascendant but is this enough?
The Moon is actually in opposition with Uranus, then sextile to Saturn, and last square to Pluto.
The only explanation I could find is based on mutual receptions: Jupiter and Saturn are in mutual reception by exaltation, while the modern rulers Uranus and Neptune are in mutual reception by domicile.

What would you comment on this chart ?

It turned out the on April 6, 13 days after the question was asked, the friend arrived from abroad and a red Ford was delivered the questioner's partner.

Where could we see the timing in this horary chart ?

Hi,

My first impression of this is that I would be querying whether the partner should be shown as the 7th house. If the partner is buying the car for them both and in that sense the question being asked was very much 'am I getting a car in a month' then you may be looking at the Ascendant as showing when 'we' will be getting the car. If the partner is completely separated from this in the sense that he is getting a car which is nothing to do with the querent (say he is in business dealing in cars) then it is probably appropriate to separate him in the chart.

My next question would be who is he getting the car from? I know you say a friend but is it really a 'proper 11th house friend', or should it be more of a 7th house connection.

It's not so cut and dried and you should look at all these possibilities to try and decide which make sense. Sometimes previous aspects can help - obviously the partner will have had contact with the friend to arrange the car sale, so that should show in the chart.

Good luck.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Thanks, HoraryQueen ! You're making a very good point here and I think that the Moon in the 2nd house is showing exactly this: the querent has a personal interest in this car...

Seeing the horary chart this way, the answer is easy to tell.
There is a mutual applying aspect between the 1st (Sun) and 2nd (Merc.) rulers (if we are to consider the car as a possession) or the 1st and 3rd rulers (if we consider the car as a vehicle of transportation).
Mercury (the car) is the 9th house (abroad) and in Aries (red car)
This so easy now ! Gee, thanks a lot HoraryQueen ! :)

Excellent - glad it's clear!

However, the aspect between the first and second house rulers is confusing. What we want is the SELLER'S second house coming to the querent's second house either by position or by aspect. So did you figure out which house is for the seller - 7th or 11th? What is the 8th or 12th ruler? Is that planet in the second house or aspecting the Ascendant, or 1st or 2nd house ruler?

(Remember looking for previous aspects might help to identify which planet represents the seller).

Good luck.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

No, there is no confusion: the original question was "will my partner buy a new car" so I was looking for the aspect between the 7th and the 8th house rulers, but once the question was rephrased (as the querent as a personal interest or identified herself with the partner's situation), we are looking for the aspect between the 1st and 2nd house rulers.
The seller does not intervene here - I mean - actually we don't know who he is: the partner gave money to his friend who went abroad and came back with the new car. And there are no previous aspects of the Moon in her current sign, nor the Sun. Mercury is the only who separated from an opposition with Jupiter and a sextile with Neptune, both being 8th house rulers... You may consider that this is a kind of translation of light from the 8th (possession of others) to the 2nd house (querent's possessionts). Yes, that must be the trick.
Thanks!

Sorry but I am still a bit confused - but that might be since I haven't drawn up the chart! The 1st house, turned or otherwise, shows the person and the 2nd from that house shows their possessions. If you are looking for something coming in to your possession, you are looking for that thing to apply either to your second house or your first house, not for you and your second house to apply to each other (as that would just be you and your already existing possessions coming together).

Well, that's my understanding anyway, perhaps someone else can add to this. Perhaps I should draw up the chart actually - now the curiosity has got a hold of me!
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

I have reviewed the chart tonight. It's more than obvious now... however it took me so long to fully understand it.
The reason of this situation is shown in the chart: the 7th house ruler representing the astrologer (Saturn) is in exile and cadent, also Neptune is in the 7th spelling confusion ...