As an FYI, I know nothing of the author, the author's qualifications, or the content of the book other than what the blurbs say. It could be groundbreaking; it could be awful. The US Publisher, Random House is a major book publisher, and that is a pretty good sign they think it will sell. I hate reading on a computer, but since the Kindle edition is only $10 US, and it won't be published here until September, I might download it.

Hi all :)
The author Catherine Blackledge is coming to my local astrology group in March, to do a talk on her book!
I downloaded a free sample from amazon onto my kindle app so will be interested to see how it reads.
Wishes SG :brows
Enjoy what you learn,as it keeps the mind youthful!!

Mark

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered Ward & Stockinger's book today. The newer one is a bit problematic. We have an old iPad, a device my wife and I found particularly useless. So I thought, I'd fire it up and download this latest and read it on that - thereby saving myself $80 for a Kindle. Well no such luck. The old iPad will not support ios 7.0 and that is the minimum the ap will need to work. I've been told ios 5 is all that the iPad 1 can handle. So I either wait until September or force myself to read it on the computer.

If anyone knows a way around this where I can use my old iPad, please feel free to let me know here or in a PM.

Thanks.

Tom wrote:Mark

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered Ward & Stockinger's book today. The newer one is a bit problematic. We have an old iPad, a device my wife and I found particularly useless. So I thought, I'd fire it up and download this latest and read it on that - thereby saving myself $80 for a Kindle. Well no such luck. The old iPad will not support ios 7.0 and that is the minimum the ap will need to work. I've been told ios 5 is all that the iPad 1 can handle. So I either wait until September or force myself to read it on the computer.

If anyone knows a way around this where I can use my old iPad, please feel free to let me know here or in a PM.

Thanks.
Try enabling the Kindle cloud reader(it is not OS dependent):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =200701430

Then you can enable offline reading on your Ipad.

and read on your Safari for Ipad in offline mode:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =201255020

PD

With some difficulty I managed to do as suggested and downloaded and began reading the book. I had to upgrade the OS in order to upgrade Safari and then after some grumbling and swearing everything was fine.

I'm enjoying the book and may post a brief review when I'm done. Thanks again.