Horary question concerning love

dear all,

i was so excited to find this forum. i have been studying horary astrology for the past few months and i am pleased to find a place where one can discuss different kinds of horary charts!

ok, i've been working on a chart for this woman for over a week, and i am still a bit unsure about my conclusions, mostly because i've been looking at it from all different kinds of angles and i suppose i confused myself a little.

the question that came from this woman was if her lover (that she had been separated from by distance for a period of time, she informed me) still had love for her. she said she felt uncertain because of the period of separation.

so anyway, i got to work, and the chart details are as follows:

AC cancer 23?, moon in 7th, moon parallel mars
DC capricorn 23?, saturn in 12th conjunct AC by 3?
5th house cusp (love affairs) scorpio 18?, mars (traditional ruler of scorpio) in 6th conjunct DC by 3?

this all looks very positive for the woman, save for her love interest's significator being saturn and in the 12th. however, saturn *is* conjunct the AC, so i think this is of note int he positive sense. the moon, her significator, does make a nice little parallel to the traditional ruler of the house in question, and the ruler of the house in question is conjunct the DC. all good, no?

upon closer inspection, though, my head started to spin. see, the moon (her), saturn (him), and mars (love) are all declinationally tied together. the moon parallels mars but both contra-parallel saturn. mars and saturn are exactly opposite by longitudinal aspect, too.

maybe it's that is tarted looking at the declinations, since there was no longitudinal aspect between the moon and mars to give her her positive answer...i dont know, but im confused!

i dont know if this helps any, because ive never really dealt in detail with the part of fortune in horary, but the POF is declinationally parallel saturn. it's in the 11th house.

does anyone have any little bit of insight that might help? i would greatly appreciate it. thanks so much in advance!

sincerely,
chrissy

Hi Chrissy and welcome

It would be helpful if you post the date. time and place (town and co-ordinates) of the chart. The Asc will then help verify that we are looking at the same chart.

We starstruck people tend to be very visual :D

and some will erect the chart to have a look if Deb doesn't put it up here - but none can do anything till we have its "birth"

cheers,
Sungem

oh of course! i didn't even think. i must not have had any coffee at the time, ha ha!

(i erected this chart like a month ago, but just got around to looking at it and studying it a little over a week ago.)

3-7-05, hurst, TX (97w10 32n49)
2:07 pm CST

thanks, guys!

sincerely,
chrissy
Last edited by chrissymgreen on Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://tinyurl.com/48w4f

i hope that link works; that's the horary chart.

you know, this is only the 3rd or 4th horary chart ive erected for someone. ive been studying astrology for over a year now, and for the past several months ive been focusing on horary, and ive encouraged friends & aquaintances to approach me with a question, serious inquiries only. i want the practice. that said, i dont feel 100% confident about my findings all the time. i'm not totally proficient yet. i love studying charts; it's like a puzzle for me! that's why i am SO happy to find this board. i can get advice from other people who know more than i do. i love that.

ok, so i started this message so i could note the things that i thought seemed important.

first off, i have a question. maybe it's a basic one. it has to do with the significators. in this case, the ascendant is cancer, so the moon rules the querant. i looked at the 7th cusp ruler to represent her partner, the man in question. that would be saturn in this case (capricorn descendant). since the question is a love one, i looked at the 5th house cusp ruler to tell me about these issues. that would be mars (scorpio on the cusp). is this the right thing to do? i dont know, maybe i should have just looked at the moon (her) and saturn (him). what do you guys think?

secondly, some positive things i noticed:
the moon and saturn are in mutual reception - the moon is in aqua ruled by saturn and saturn is in cancer ruled by the moon. her significator, the moon, is in the 7th house of the partner and saturn is in the 12th (house of joy) but conjunct the ascendant (her) by 3?. the moon (her) and mars (love) have the same dispositor, saturn (him) - moon in aqua and mars in capricorn. mars is exalted in capricorn. ceres is conjunct the 5th house cusp. mars is in the 6th (house of joy) conjunct the DC (him) by 3?. the moon and mars are parallel by declination. the part of fortune is in the 11th house of friends & love received, and it is parallel saturn (him). it (the part of fortune) also trines the moon. the vertex (fate) is parallel the moon & mars and it is in the 5th house, the house in question.

thirdly, some negative things:
mars and saturn are in direct opposition. they are also contra-parallel. the moon & saturn are contra-parallel. saturn is in cancer which is detrimental. saturn is also retrograde. the part of fortune is contra-parallel mars.

this all makes sense, as the woman told me her love interest is experiencing difficulties right now at home with his family. he is in a state of depression after returning home from being abroad. he is also having difficulties finding work.

my gut instinct on this chart is that the answer is a positive one, but with clear indications of this man's problems and therefore there are going to be difficulties. what do you guys think? anyone have any adivice for this enthusiastic novice?

thanks!

-chrissy

Indications

Well, you can see a list of indications in http://www.skyscript.co.uk/relationships.html
I have a question... it has to do with the significators. in this case, the ascendant is cancer, so the moon rules the querant. i looked at the 7th cusp ruler to represent her partner, the man in question. that would be saturn in this case (capricorn descendant). since the question is a love one, i looked at the 5th house cusp ruler to tell me about these issues. that would be mars (scorpio on the cusp). is this the right thing to do? i dont know, maybe i should have just looked at the moon (her) and saturn (him). what do you guys think?
It is all correct... but I think we have to use the KISS - Keep it simple, principle... if we want to see if they will get together, we see both their significators... any other signification is secondary and will only give secondary information.

saturn is in the 12th (house of joy) but conjunct the ascendant (her) by 3?
There is a rule, that if a planet is near 5 degrees of the next house, he is already in it, for practical purporses... so saturn isn?t in the 12th, he is in the AC.
But if I record well Lilly, if Lord of AC is in 7th, and lord of 7th is in AC, it only means they are fond of eachother, we have to see other signs.

The Lord of AC is Moon, the fastest planet, so the woman is the most ardent in the relationship.

Now, my judgment: they wont get together because there is no application, no translation and no collection of light, sorry.

(it can be controversy... I was looking in the Maurice Mccann site, and aparently he counts antiscion and pararell as aspects, which I do not agree, but...)

Unfortunatelly, I don?t think Mars is "love"... Mars is fun, but Mars is also his lord of 4th, which is in the 7th, exalted in Capricorn... mars is natural significator for divorce, and 4th rules endings...

Moon is conjunct Neptune (dreams, illusions, romance). AC is conjunct Saturn (the quesited), Lillith (need for independence, struggle to be alone) and Castor & Pollux (which can be good for lovers, but it is of a martian violent nature, and can indicate duplicity)

So I vote that is a no, sorry
Yuzuru

oh, ok...wow, thanks!

i checked over the chart again (i did not even think to check for collection or translation of light before, thank you), and im a little confused, though.

http://tinyurl.com/4wxah

there's the chart again, i think before i messed up and posted the chart using a weird house system, not koch like i usually do. im not sure how that happened. anyway, i saw by the chart above that the moon does apply by trine to jupiter and jupiter is separating from a square to saturn...does that count as translation of light?

thank you for that link, too! i had not seen that article...i noticed there are a few other things going on the chart that i did not see before, because i did not know what to look for.

?sun is applying by conjunction to venus
?the mutual reception between the 2 significators (i saw this before but did not know until i read that article what it meant)
?the woman's significator being int he partner's house and the partner's significator being conjunct the ascendant (again, i saw this before but didnt realize the import)

thanks again, you've really been a big help!!

sincerely,
chrissy