Saturn/Mars/Military: When are Malefics good?

Folks,
Have a little bit of a problem that I think goes to the heart of horary, or the heart of the relationship between horary and more symbolic, modern "psychological" astrology.
I have, over the past few months, looked over charts concerning one individual and his career in the military. Certain planets and positions -- Mars and 6th House (military), 10th House of career, Saturn (male institutional authority) -- occur in positive positions, but does their maleficness cancel out their positive placements.
For instance, the chart has Mars exactly on the Ascendant (Aquarius), Mars rules the 10th House, and is moving into sextile with Sun, ruler of the 7th; the Moon is in Virgo and rules the 6th House, Moon is sextiling Saturn (querent significator) in the 6th, which is also conjunct Part of Fortune in 6th.
Are these good or bad?
In other words, do Mars and Saturn's relationship to the issue (military), overcome their maleficness.
Hope the question isn't too abstract.
PL

I got a little confused

Pisces Leo...
I got confused if you are analysing his natal chart or an horary chart.
if you are analysing an natal chart, not every rule of horary is fit to it ! You can use tradicional natal aphorisms or "psychobable" ones (I don?t like psychological-humanistic-esotheric astrology... that?s the motive I just love horary :P )

If you are really talking about horary, then it doesn?t matter if your Lord of AC is an malefic... if it?s mars, it doesn?t mean you are a killer...

Many times the planets reflect the querent personality, and surroundings... there is no surprising that his Lord of 10th is mars, much the other way around ! Saturn perhaps only mean he is an person quiet, who likes order and controled environment
Bye