"Modern Astrology" magazine on DVD-Rom, 1913-1938

Dear fellow students and historians of astrology,

Newly available for purchase is the second digital compendium in the 'Alan Leo Legacy' series, covering all issues of "Modern Astrology" magazine from January 1913 to October 1938:

'Itinerant to Eternity: the Alan Leo Legacy Volume Two: "Modern Astrology", 1913-1938.'

This disc complements the previously released first volume entitled 'Godfather of Modernity: the Alan Leo Legacy Volume One', which was reviewed on Skyscript last year and contains all issues of "The Astrologer's Magazine" and "Modern Astrology" published from 1890 to 1912 inclusive.

Together, the two discs constitute an almost complete 49-year run of the famous astrological magazines founded by Alan Leo in 1890 and 1895 respectively. This material has never before been available digitally in so complete a form, or in any format for such an affordable price.

Although Leo himself died in 1917, editing was then taken over by his widow Bessie Leo. For most of the rest of her life, she had the young Vivian Robson working under her as sub-editor. After her death, Duncan Macnaughton, better known as Maurice Wemyss, quietly took up the reins without any fanfare to announce the fact. Macnaughton's style was laid-back and scholarly, and it is notable that many foreign-language books and periodicals were reviewed by him in the reviews pages during the 1930s when he was in charge.

The new disc therefore traces three distinct periods in the development and editing of the magazine - the final five years or so of Alan Leo's life, the Bessie Leo and Vivian Robson years, and the Maurice Wemyss years.

It is available in my automated online store here for ?59 inclusive of worldwide shipping (equivalent to about ?50 plus postage and packing).

http://www.astrolearn.com/product/itine ... acy-vol-2/

The only fault to note is that the final page of letters to the editor on the April 1914 issue was missing from my source edition. I'm not aware of any other missing pages or parts thereof.

All discs are individually recorded on Verbatim Archival Gold DVD media (rated for a lifespan of 100 years by the manufacturer and guaranteed for 50 years by me), printed and packaged at home. Since the end of 2014 I have been using a Plextor DVD-Recorder and the program ImgBurn, which runs a full verification cycle, to ensure the absolute reliabilty of the finished product.

[The built-in Dell DVD-burner I was using before occasionally led to write errors affecting just one or two tracks, and I have been offering free-of-charge replacements for a number of faulty discs produced last year - which offer naturally remains open for anyone who may have been affected but did not notice it at the time. Suffice it to say that the new set-up is performing flawlessly and I don't anticipate any repeat of those teething troubles.]

At the time of writing, I have eight of the new title in stock and also eight of the previous title in the Alan Leo Legacy series, 'Godfather of Modernity'.

Between now and the end of March, Skyscript members wishing to order two or more discs of any combination of titles together can also take advantage of a coupon code, skyscrw15, that applies a 15% discount on the contents of the shopping cart once a second disc is present in it, reducing the cost of two discs together to ?100.30 inclusive of worldwide shipping. This offer may be extended beyond the current expiry date if there is sufficient demand - please ask.

Thank you for your interest,

Philip

Hi Philip,

This looks great. Your providing a great service for the whole astrological community here. :'

Philip Graves wrote:
Duncan Macnaughton, better known as Maurice Wemyss
I am quite embarrassed to admit I never knew Maurice Wemyss was a pseudonym! :oops:

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly