StellarTiggy wrote:
The eclipse at 29* Pisces is hitting some of my Aries planets in the early degrees. Would there be an effect or does the planet have to be in late Pisces?
As I recall ancient astrologers considered a Ptolemaic aspect 3 degrees across the sign boundary while renaissance astrologers like William Lilly used the moeity orbs of applying aspects across signs. But of course a conjunction isn't an applying aspect or indeed a Ptolemic aspect. At the moment of full eclipse both bodies will only be in one sign.

However, its worth pointing out Pisces and Aries are signs connected in a non-aspectual way as they both mirror each other inversely across the equinox in terms of increasing/decreasing daylight hours. In later renaissance astrology this was described as a contra-antiscion. For example 30 Pisces corresponds to 0 Aries. 29 Pisces relates to 01 Aries since the daylight hours of one degree equals the nightime hours of the other.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/antiscia.html

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/antiscia.html

The traditional view is that such non-aspectual connections (contra-antiscions) are rather difficult. Lilly compares them as similar to a square or opposition in effect.

In the article I gave the link to above Deborah Houlding explains the astrological logic why traditionally antiscion connections are seen as harmonious and contra-antiscion connections more difficult.
Antiscion gives us instead a notion of 'likeness' based upon the similarity of the degree of the zodiac as it relates to rising times and the equality of days and nights. In contra-antiscia, it is based upon an inverse reflection because the days of one are mirrored by the night of the other. With antiscion a more immediately equivalent factor is involved; with contra-antiscion it is an opposing principle so the relationship is more difficult or antipathetic. These philosophical principles tally with William Lilly's assessment:

"as there are antiscia, which of the good planets we think are equal to a sextile or trine, so there are contra-antiscions, which we find to be of the nature of a square or opposition".
Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly