386, 129... astakavarga, i-ching and time lord numbers

Just thought I'd share this that I noticed, probably just coincidences, but interesting.

In the Indian binary astakavarga system (generally considered as unconnected to any Western technique), the total number of points (bindu) distributed by the 8 factors (7 classical planets + ascendant, arranged in order of geocentric apparent speed of orbit, Saturn > ascendant) is 386. (Various sources, notably Dots of Destiny, by Vinay Aditya).

In the I-Ching (another binary system), each of the 64 hexagrams is accompanied by 6 Yao texts to account for each of the solid or broken lines as a change from it's binary opposite, in the context of that particular hexagram. The first two hexagrams (all solid, all broken, i.e. all yang or all yin) each has an extra Yao text to account for the change from "all yang" to "all yin" or vice versa, making a total of 6x64+2=386. (Various sources, e.g. The Complete I Ching by Alfred Huang)

Hellenistic time lord systems assign a number to each planet, which can represent years, months or days, to derive periods assigned to each planet and proportional subdivisions of them (Saturn 30, Jupiter 12, Mars 15, Sun 19, Venus 8, Mercury 20, Moon 25) (Robert Hand, in his introduction to Valens' Anthology, suggests that these are derived from cycles of conjunctions with the Sun). The total is 129, which is the nearest whole number to 1/3 of 386 (128.666?) (129x3=387).

Well, I found it intriguing.

Graham