Mod Wasp mk2 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

With all due respect, you haven't answered my question.

How do you find one of these unusual names through the interpretation of a chart?

How is it possible to pick a horse named "Umndeni", winner of the 3.00 at Fontwell last weekend, using this method?
and those vibrating cusps are the winners....law of vibration!!!
You state that the vibrating cusps indicate the winner - what house systems are you using?

It's naive, at best, to think that there 'cosmic rays'. Although that is a discussion for another thread (that is, "what is the nature of astrology?"), you are making grand claims that your system works every time;
i wanted to just say there are methods which work every time, be it evening or noon.
The proof of the pudding will be in the eating - why don't you select 5 winners from the 35 races that are taking place tomorrow?

Here's a link to tomorrow's cards:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/tomorrow

Look forward to reading your selections...
I make a chart for the time of race, placidus house system....i do not read into names, colors, weights, jockey's...

I agree what i say is looking unbelievable, but i will prove with my selections pretty soon....i have been writing astrological notes for the races i am analyzing....

I will certainly do more than 5 races when i have enough time and i will update on this thread a day before.....

I've researched so hard and honestly I have to say predicting the outcome of a horse race is quite complex.

There a methods out there in the mainstream such as addey, sepharial, al kindi, John Wherman etc:

-Addey method: does work, but it seems to work better with sextile and trines. What happens if the cusp is 2 degree's and the next planet to sextile, trine, square is 13 degree's? The Book makes it look easy, but it hardly is.
-Sepharial: can work too, you require the weights for this one
-Angles method: Yes this can work, you look for tight aspects
-planetary hour ruler method: You have to know the horse's colour for this one

-midheaven method: doesn't work, I felt the mh ruler sign would give the winner as the 'colour' of the shirt.

Some people use mathematical, statistical techniques however these are too inconsistent. I've even tried thinking and using different methods but these don't work either.

Maybe using addey, sepharical, angles method all in one for races may work.

hardy wrote:
Mod Wasp mk2 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

With all due respect, you haven't answered my question.

How do you find one of these unusual names through the interpretation of a chart?

How is it possible to pick a horse named "Umndeni", winner of the 3.00 at Fontwell last weekend, using this method?
and those vibrating cusps are the winners....law of vibration!!!
You state that the vibrating cusps indicate the winner - what house systems are you using?

It's naive, at best, to think that there 'cosmic rays'. Although that is a discussion for another thread (that is, "what is the nature of astrology?"), you are making grand claims that your system works every time;
i wanted to just say there are methods which work every time, be it evening or noon.
The proof of the pudding will be in the eating - why don't you select 5 winners from the 35 races that are taking place tomorrow?

Here's a link to tomorrow's cards:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/tomorrow

Look forward to reading your selections...
I make a chart for the time of race, placidus house system....i do not read into names, colors, weights, jockey's...

I agree what i say is looking unbelievable, but i will prove with my selections pretty soon....i have been writing astrological notes for the races i am analyzing....

I will certainly do more than 5 races when i have enough time and i will update on this thread a day before.....
Interesting, I look forward to this as well.

BTW, I know vedic astro too.

Please let us know what races you are studying so we can all have a look and come to our own conclusions.

I'm not sure how this method works with 'vibrating houses'.

The individual stated that they do not use names, colors, odds, weights, no horary and no house aspects.

The individual also stated they they just look at how many horses that are in the race and use western, vedic astrology using placidus house to get the winner.

I'm trying to figure out how it's done, so in a 6 horse race, we use houses 1-6 and assign them to the horse number, or start at house 5.

Vas, it's complete rubbish.

If there was a system that worked 100% of the time, we'd all be millionaires within a week.

The best that one could possibly hope for, in the long term, is a 5-10% advantage when selecting a winner. Wanting anything more than that is pure greed.

I'm not expecting to read anything further on this wonder technique.

Since the challenge was first issued, there's been 152 races in the UK and Ireland alone and many abandoned meetings. I haven't included international meetings in that figure, so in fact, the actual number of races worldwide in the last week is probably closer to about 400.

It's fantasy.

Mod Wasp2 mk2,

Likewise, I feel the same way too.

Addey method seems to work, albeit we know the true accuracy of this method.

Other literature on the internet, as well as John Frawley sports astro book vouches for addey's method. Although we know how accuarate it truly is.

Angles method can work too, although it seems to work 60% of the time with colours.

There is the Sepharial method and one user on here seems to use it well as I've been reading other horse race threads on here.

Vas,

in my opinion, the Addey method works best. That's not to say, of course, that it's infallible - it does seem to have limitations. But it's worth remembering that it is only a guideline for interpretation - the accuracies or inaccuracies boils down to the skill of the astrologer and their interpretation of that particular chart. In the years that I've been using it, I'd like to think that I've made some discoveries about the method that, I think, adds to its efficiency. For example, when the first aspect is to whatever is L12, or is incepted in 12, is a fairly good testimony to take into consideration. I've made some observations with regards to the Moon and certain aspects, such as the quincunx, that add to the 'rules' of this method. Planets on angels is another thing to consider. Of course, Frawley in his book is only giving a very generalised overview of this method, but, I think he's right when he states that it's the most reliable. In my opinion, it's the fact that you approach the chart from the 5th in the first place, is what gives it it's validity.

The only other method that I've looked into, and I did so for almost 10 years was 'The Silver Key'. My opinion of that changed when my understanding of astrology developed. or example, I don't believe that there are 'cosmic rays' or 'energy vibrations' that affect us physically, and that belief is required for that particular method.

Of course, there are philosophical debates to have about this, and that is really what interests me about this subject. It's a little unfortunate that many people don't sit down and really consider what it is that they are trying to discover and how or why it does or doesn't work.

It depends how we define ‘work’ when predicting horse races.

If we want 100% success and win an accumulator each day then it will never work.

I use a variation of Wehrman and have been playing with it for over two years.

Just over two years ago an account was opened, which if you bet an amount each week you are entitled to a free bet. A second account was opened 18 months ago on a similar basis.

Each week we’ve won enough money to bet again the following week without having to put anymore of our own money in for over two years now. This account is running at around a 15% return.

The second account requires fewer bets of larger amounts to obtain a free bet. This account is more volatile, again after the initial outlay we’ve not put any money in and is running at about a 25% return.

I’ve been having conversations with the people at Canaveral Research Centre, which has been helpful.

The astrologer is part of the process of choosing a horse and is not separate, similar to astrologers who read for a client and the skill of different astrologers will produce variations in the quality of advice/counselling/guidance/prediction.

When choices have to made it is the layering of the astrology that helps, be it Addey, angles, colours.

Then there is the separate non-astrological process in this area with some knowledge of form, value for money in bets being also relevant. This has to play a part in our second account but the first account is purely astrological.

What has become evident is that the system is dynamic, that is people who win at a certain degree will be replaced by others after a period of time, which seems to be our way forward in refining the success rate.
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

It depends how we define ‘work’ when predicting horse races
I suppose that means the type of chart/system that gives the astrologer the best chance of successfully (i.e. picking a winner) interpreting.

Still waiting for hardy's selections but, unfortunately, doesn't look like we're going to get any for at least a week, due to the equine flu issue.

What ‘works’ in sports astrology is akin to considering what ‘house’ system works.

Astrologically, predicting when the favourites win is likely to get a high percentage success rate but could produce a loss financially.

I heard somewhere that if a bet on the Premier League champions winning all their home games would have a resulted in a financial loss over the season but the percentage success would have been reasonably good.

If 20-1 horses were being picked, or if the bottom premier league team winning was being picked (they’ve won twice this season) then the profit could be higher but the number of correct predictions would be lower.

In this arena, it’s knowing when to play or pass with a prediction which influences both the percentage success and the profit.

We reluctantly go public with what we’re doing occasionally as hubris sets in! After I posted the other day, the horse racing community gets struck down with plague and pestilence (equine flu) and all races in the UK are cancelled.

When it is mentioned, the question back to us is how much are you winning rather than what is the percentage success.
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.