Yes and he does say:
Thus if Leo 23 were on the Midheaven then Scorpio 23 would be rising.
I take that to mean, by this method, that this is the Ascendant.
And that the Angles he Measures to are those of the method and not the not the usual Ascendant and Descendant.

I think that BENBENS a close 3rd at 33/1 was a good result for the method and that using actual weights rather than notional weights is the best option.

Using, my understanding, of Addey's method found the winner WAYWARD PRINCE 25/1.
It also produced a 14/1 winner at Thirsk 15:20 yesterday.

Looking at Addey's method I am not sure if Mercury in Taurus is the Significator as it is already separating from the 5th.
Using Addy's method, one keeps the planets and all other points still and rotates the 5th cusp anti-clockwise until you reach the first aspect.
Using, my understanding, of Addey's method found the winner WAYWARD PRINCE 25/1.
It also produced a 14/1 winner at Thirsk 15:20 yesterday.
Wayward Prince, i think, was the oldest in the race - Saturn on 4th cusp.

It also showed the winners of the 16:00 at Newbury - Mr. Singh 9/4, Redstart in the 14:15 @ 12/1 and a nice e/w (3rd) 13/2 shot Field of Fame in the 13:15.
Maybe someone was trying to tell me something...

I've yet to meet a single person who doesn't believe there's some sort divine inspiration behind their choice of bet! I suspect that it's more to do with neptune - the fantasy (of winning) - rather than messages from on high!
Verum e

Today, Monday (20th April), I have been testing the Sepharial method on the races at Kempton as there were a number of handicap races.

I am becoming increasingly sure that using the actual ridden weights is the correct method. There were a number of correct predictions, including the winner of the 4.00 at 14/1, giving a clear profit on the day :)

There are a number of tests still to do, but I suspect a key factor in deciding which predictions are correct is if the race chart is radical. The last two races did not have a radical chart, and the predictions were completely wrong.

We will see how things work out later this week.

Yes. I just checked that race and agree with your findings.

And, as you say, it furthers the case for using actual weights carried.

The Radical test sounds logical. I wonder if Sepharial's choice of examples suggest he too was using this. I will try and check that out.

Back to non-weight methods.

This weekend sees the first two of the English Classic races, both at Newmarket. Saturday 2 May at 3.45 BST is the 2000 Guineas and on Sunday 3 May at 3.40 BST is the 1000 Guineas.

There are still quite large fields in both races, but I suspect there will be a few withdrawals.

I had forgotten these races were this weekend, so I need to get to work on them quickly. :)

Further to my post - in Saturday's 2000 Gns I like Gleneagles (dob 12 Jan 2012) , which is the favourite.
The main aspects are: Asc(race) -0- MA(horse), MA(r) -120- MA(h) and -120- SU(h).
MC(r) -90- MA(h) and Asc(r) -144- JU(h).

GB

Gleaneagles is a magnificent beast and i wouldn't be surprised to see it win tomorrow.

However, using the old tried and tested Addey Method, Saturn is the planet i'm looking at - 5th sexitle Saturn in the 2nd, L4 and L5.

EDIT: Got that bit wrong - 5th trine Mars, L3 L8, Saturn L5,L6.

There's a couple of interesting names here - Ol' Man River, Terriorties and Ivawood. I also fancy and e/w bet on Home of the Brave.

But my nap is Elm Park.
Last edited by ModWasp on Sat May 02, 2015 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Looking at Sunday's 1000 Gns, I notice that the Ascendant ruler is Mercury, which is in close opposition to Saturn in the 3rd. It does make me think of Local Time, but I want some more confirmation, especially as she is rather an outsider. More work to do on this race.

Addition - below is talking about today's Guinness 2000 (3:45 Newmarket)

My husband isn't around this morning and I'm struggling to understand how to find out odds, (which horses are favourites or no-hopers, etc). On the site you recommended GB, racingpost.com, when I hit the tab "compare odds" it doesn't seem to show me anything - does the order they are listed in show the favourites? Astrologically, I like the look of Territories, but that is the last in the list, and if that number under is the odds, it looks like it has odds of 3132-1 (can't be right, surely?) I've tried looking on other sites but the info is just as confusing to me.

Today is my first chance to do this again, but I may not bet because there are too many horses so I haven't had time to give each chart the attention it deserves. Based on quickly scanning and then eliminating every horse-chart that didn't make notable connections I liked, with something also being angular, the three I had left were:

Gleneagles (for the reasons GB has noted - also it's Venus is trine the culminating Venus on the MC),

Ivawood, (Mars on asc and Sun in aspect and in trine to the culminating Venus: the Moon may making a lunar return and making a grand trine between its Sun and the culiminating Venus too and; but don't know for sure as I'm using a noon chart. As I write this out, I realise I don't like this as much as the Gleneagles chart, because it depends too much on the unreliable natal Moon)

Territories, (Venus is very strong on the MC in the event chart - both at 22 Gemini, and this horse has Venus at 24 Gemini, whilst its natal Jupiter at 21 Taurus is conj. the race Mars at 23 Tau, and that conj is trine the ascendant. Not sure what to make of the fact that its natal Saturn is conj the race Moon, and the horse's Moon (at noon) is conj the race Saturn; but overall I like the fact that there are many connections between the two charts.)

Still pondering - if I place a bet I'll let you know. With regard to Ol Man River and Home of the Brave, Astrogooner, there doesn't seem to be any strong and beneficial connections in their noon charts with the race event. One other I paused over was Ride like the Wind, which might be having a Moon-Jupiter conj, but not if I wasn't born near noon ...

My husband isn't around this morning and I'm struggling to understand how to find out odds
- try this site, At The Races http://www.attheraces.com/home/

The 3132-1 is the beast's form. If you can get those odds, you might need a wheelbarrow to collect your winnings. :'

I strongly fancy Elm Park - 5th trine Mars, L3. Saturn (Elm) in 3, L5 (Parks)

What i also find interesting is the
culminating Venus on the MC
- Elm Park is from the HighClare Stable, literally fem. proper name, from French claire, fem. of clair literally "light, bright," from Latin claris "clear, bright, distinct"

And least we forget the trainer's sister Claire Balding!
Last edited by ModWasp on Sat May 02, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

:lol: Got it - thanks! (These links are really useful to me, and without GB's earlier explanations I would have forgotten everything this morning.)

Another stupid question, if I wanted to place a small each way bet on all three horses (Gleneagles, Ivawood and Territories), so I am not spending more than about ?10 altogether, is there a way to get extra benefit if all three horses come either 1st, 2nd or 3rd? (I might be prepared to go up to ?12 ...)