The general thing is: NN usually increases and expands, that is why it is associated with Jupiter. SN: Saturn, as it shrinks and decreases in size. Also, when the context allows, the NN imparts accidental strengh, while the SN decreases it or imparts weakness. Apply those concepts to the context and that's about it in horary.

Some things are desirable to expand, like money and love. Others the oposite, such as illness, fear, the power of your enemies or rain when you are out for a pic-nic.

If the significator of an illness or L12 is conjunct the NN that is bad indeed. Conjunct the SN is good. Context.

In relationship questions, if the SN is on the DESC the NN is on the ASC. How to read that? It depends on the context and the question. Usually it means good for L1 and not good for L7.

In Breeze's chart, "where it is going" is clearly shown by the receptions between the significators. Jupiter conjunct the North Node means that wherever it is going is a good thing for Jupiter. That is, Jupiter is better off if this relationship goes nowhere, which is clearly shown by the fact that Jupiter is in the sign of Mercury other than the sign on the 7th cusp, which shows a weak basis for a relationship.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

OK. I now understand.

So, depending on the question and the context, querent's conjuction with SN may also well suggest, querent is better off if the desired thing does not happen.

I have another relationship chart where main sign.s have been separated in the 12 th. Both in Aires and Moon is partile conjucting SN in the 11 th. And apply a conjuction to Sun by 4 degrees.

Which I wld. Understand that as the main sig.s are separeted ( querent is also at her detriment ), any possible conjuction with the Sun man wld. result with nothing and/ or at querent's disadvantage. So, stay away breeze the querent.

Thanks Felipe.
Breeze

Here goes the chart Felipe, if you ever have time to look at.

The question is " Will I ever be in a commited relationship ". I framed the question by one year, then changed it to by end May when casting the chart. I do not know if ever "time" counts in the respect of SS/ NN.
Breeze

Breeze wrote:What wld. You say friends ? Did NN/ SN work that way ?

Cheers
I'd say you're shoehorning your 'love horaries' into the forum under the guise of 'questions about technique'.

This was something I bought to light a few months ago in my post about 'love horaries' overrunning this forum. There's a lot of attempts to sneak the 'love horaries' through thinly disguised as questions about texts, technique etc.

It degrades the quality of the forum and insults forum users' intelligence.

Is astrology no better than this? Are astrologers and students of astrology all on this level? If so, astrology deserves the bad reputation is has.

MW
"As thou daily conversest with the heavens, so instruct and form thy minde according to the image of Divinity" ~ William Lilly

I do NOT do that. Wld. You pls. Be kind enough NOT to predict my intention from that much distance ?

Have you seen that the 1st chart is very old and the outcome has been lived out, and second one has just been sent for SN interpretation. I know enough that with separated sign.s love is not possible at my end. So how have you been come to conclusion that I am shoehorning ?

You never comment for a single thing in my threads, but you are just here whenever I write "love". What is this ?

Do not you see that I have been sending some other charts, except from love horaries and that I predict other nembers charts as much as I can. May be the distungishing point shd be that if this love horay querents are asking other questions, and if they are ever forwarding comments to other members .

Shd. I be sorry because I am not an expert like you. Shd not I ask a single question if what I wanna ask just takes place in a love horary chart ?

Anyhow MW. I know my intention for sure than you know. Still, I wld be pleased to hear if you ever wanna share your comments about SN/ NN and for my any other thread.

With regards love degrading the quality of the forum, do you really think that " love horaries" are that strong ?
Breeze

Hi Breeze,

In your chart the answer is "no", I'm afraid.

Venus and Mars are in the 12th house, so there is no action. Mars is in negative reception towards Venus. Even if they conjoined no relationship can start with those receptions. And Venus turns retro before reaching Mars so they do not meet at all. (Always check for planet direction when assessing aspects.)

Mars on Uranus is a cherry on the cake: separation (rather than the union we would expect).

The Moon combust never shows a positive outcome unless the Sun is a significator. The Sun is not a significator here because the person you are asking about is not in the picture yet.

The Moon conjunct the SN shows what I mentioned before: shrinking, debility. Since the Moon means emotions it translates as disappointment or sadness.

GENERAL NOTE: if anyone is irritated by other members' posts they always have the option of not reading the posts and staying out of the discussion. That way they can exercise a little emotional self-control and respect for the other members' desire and right to discuss instead of feeling compelled to pontificate and interfere with our studies. They can also open their own forum and then screen who is worthy of their humble wisdom or not.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

All your comments have been noted with thanks, mainly the below.

"The Sun is not a significator here because the person you are asking about is not in the picture yet"

Because, As I took the Sun as main sign, I was thinking that SN is a warning about that Sun-Moon conjuction( if ever possible )which was totally incorrect.

Thanks again Felipe
Breeze