Hi Mjacobs
Isaac did post a rectification before the election. I comment on this
rectification, as part of the postanalysis of the election. It seemed to me to make sense to put Cameron's 6 AM birthtime forward a bit. Using another technique.

Fair enough and the OP can state his own opinion but my understanding was that we were to make a pre analysis of the election result rather than a a post analysis. Of course I may have totally misunderstood the purpose of astrology as others better acquainted than I seem to post charts of past events then explain the reasons for the events but forgive me if I find this approach a bit futile. I predict that The SNP comes third in the election and Nicola Sturgeon is an irrelevance as she is not an MP
If anyone wants to post here then do us the courtesy of doing so in good time
Thanks
Matthew Goulding

matthew, i think you're being a bit harsh.. there is no law that says one can't comment on the astrology after the fact.. studying the astrology after an event is educational.. it is not about predicting in advance all the time, but about learning from events as they unfold as well..

i didn't look at george galloways chart until after the election.. i think it's worthwhile to do this.. this is what any student of astrology will do!!!

There is no doubt the primary purpose of the thread was to post our thoughts on how the election might turn out. That process has now ended.

Any analysis here now has the advantage of 20/20 vision. Still, as James said it can be useful if someone wants to bring to the table another technique to offer analysis. We are not going to stake our astrological reputation on such an exercise or prove the validty of a particular technique with hindsight. Still it can be fun! I was personally quite interested to see Stefan's use of minor progressions and Hindu dashas.

Mind you it didn't really take much astrology to predict Nicola Sturgeon's party would obtain a landslide in Scotland. To anyone living in Scotland this outcome was so forseeable it was hardly worthy of comment. It seems to have shocked a lot of people outside Scotland though who haven't been following political developments here.

The more interesting dynamic is what happens next? Both to the UK and what influence will Sturgeon exert on UK politics if any?

I think it might be best to open a fresh thread on this topic. I have to confess some enlightened self interest here too as I have just agreed to write an article on this topic!

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue May 12, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Thanks for your thoughts Mark. You wanted a long term look at the future of the UK in the first place as I recall.
Down south the slow decline in UKIP support was clear from the surveys and a look at where their support was strong indicated their loss would be the Conservatives gain. The so-called intelligentsia believing in Labour victory in the face of the exit polls was risible
Talking of risible James there should be a law against hindsight astrology. Dante would sentence them to have their heads twisted backwards on their necks before casting them into the eighth circle of hell.

Canto XX

"Ask yourself how I could keep the slightest bit

Of dry-eyed composure when I saw our image
So distorted that tears spilled down the face
Onto the buttocks and into the cleavage.

Naturally I wept, pausing in that rugged place
To lean against a rock, so that my guide said:
Are you as foolish as the rest of the human race? "

Or is that too harsh? :(
Matthew Goulding

I thought post analysis of an election was a human right lol :lala

But in defense to that which might reduce the crime is that I did a pre-analysis as well, which pointed to Miliband would loose the game. As most of us did, as Mark pointed out.
I love these kinds of threads btw. Good job Mark and everyone!

Stefan wrote:I thought post analysis of an election was a human right lol :lala

But in defense to that which might reduce the crime is that I did a pre-analysis as well, which pointed to Miliband would loose the game. As most of us did, as Mark pointed out.
I love these kinds of threads btw. Good job Mark and everyone!
Never trust polls in the UK :D

Fleur wrote:
Pity we don't have a time and chart angles for that chart.
Yes sorry for the delay getting back on this comment.

This is indeed a problem with most party charts. The only timed ones I have identified are the Liberal Democrats and the chart for the Parliamentary Labour Party which I unveiled for the first time earlier in this thread. In the case of the Conservative party its a case of both moving offices numerous times over the years and the effects of bombing during WWII which unfortunately destroyed some of the older archives.

There are other possible charts. For example charts for the creation of Conservative Central Office in 1870, the merger with the Liberal Unionists in 1906 to form the modern Conservative and Unionist party and the forming of the the 1922 Committee. I have only managed to find a date for one of these specific events so far.

Fleur wrote:
That Sun at 19 degrees Scorpio 39 minutes seems to show the history of the Conservative party's successes and failures.
Yes Thatchers Saturn in Scorpio brings this up well. I dont think it was a coincidence we had a full Moon in Scorpio before the surprise Tory win in the General election!

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Thatcher,_Margaret

Another former Conservative Leader and enduring figure in Conservative party cabinets is the Welfare Minister Iain Duncan Smith.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Duncan_Smith,_Iain

Former Conservative PM John Major had his MC in Scorpio.
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Major,_John

Benjamin Disraeli which most credit as the father of the modern Conservative party also had Scorpio rising. Like Margaret Thatcher, Winston Churchill and David Cameron he also had Moon in Leo.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Disraeli,_Benjamin

Despite being Britain's most famous Conservative Prime Minister Winston Churchill was not always aligned to the Conservatives politically. Churchill shifted party allegiance a few times in his career. He was in many ways an outsider in Conservative party leadership circles for much of his career. Still, Churchill did have his ASC ruler (Mercury) in Scorpio.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Stefan wrote:I thought post analysis of an election was a human right lol :lala
From Revelations 1 :19 ?Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;?

I therefore concede to you, James and Astrocorreia that hindsight is fine as long as it has present and future as well

I would rather not apply this principle to my own efforts on this occasion though

Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Mark wrote:

The more interesting dynamic is what happens next? Both to the UK and what influence will Sturgeon exert on UK politics if any?

I think it might be best to open a fresh thread on this topic. I have to confess some enlightened self interest here too as I have just agreed to write an article on this topic!

Mark
Would anyone be interested if we started again with a look at the UK ingress chart 2015 in a general way?
This could be then expanded to look at 2016. There is talk of a plebiscite on the UK membership of the EU and the 2016 Aries ingress has Mars on the MC
Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Welcome aboard Andrew
I intend starting a new thread focussing on the UK ingress for 2016 but also suggest looking back on 2015 to check progress and set the significations in context
Certainly the issues emphasised here, the election and Scotland are hardly done and dusted and the SNP and a Corbyn led Labour Party could be interesting
On the other hand members may wish look at other subjects too
Some regular contributors are busy right now but i can start by racking up the chart
Matthew
Matthew Goulding