Mcajob wrote:
In answer to your question the proportion of women in the House of Commons has increased over the last few years but from a low base. I gather there is a mens' club atmosphere with sexism rife. If I were a woman I would not wish to work there.
Here is a link to a table with statistics for women in Parliaments across the world. :

http://www.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm

The UK comes in fairly low at only 22.8% of the House of Commons women. The USA is even lower with its main lower house the House of Representatives only 19.4% female. Canada isn't all that high either at 25.2%.

The Scottish Parliament is 35% female. Roughly in line with Germany. This is likely to increase at the next Scottish elections in 2016 as the SNP, under Nicola Sturgeon, have just controversially decided to designate many constituences as female only SNP shortlists to improve gender representation in the party for the 2016 Scottish Parliament Election. At present three of the party leaders in the Scottish Parliament are women. After the 2016 election this will probably lead to Scotland having female parliamentary representation over 40% similar to most Scandanavian countries.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi James
A disinterested view may help us here. I think my last post to this effect did not go through but looking at your assessments they look promising whereas I might have a prejudice here that clouds judgements. All women shortlists were a Labour plan for choosing election candidates a while ago and were not considered a good idea at the time but neverless the female representation Mark mentions could be promising. I reckon that the Lord of the year for UK is Venus so women could be important for us this year. One must not express opinions but in any case I cannot vote for Angela Merkel anyway so we are probably left with a choice between two men. Maybe their wives can knock some sense into them cos in the event of a pact or coalition male combative attitudes may not be much good
Matthew Goulding

thanks matthew and mark for the interesting comments on the topic of women and matthew for mentioning some possible astro connected to it.. i thought it was interesting how sturgeon is the only women and the astro seems most positive for her. i also noticed matthew you mentioned about thinking farage had jupiter on the midheaven in some future? solar return in the other thread on farage.. i projected a solar return for farage into 2016 - looks good, but no jupiter on the midheaven.. sturgeon has the transit of jupiter to her midheaven for 2015 though, but it isn't in effect until a few months after the may 17th election..

here is an overlap of her natal inside to solar return 2015 outside..

imageupload

James - My statement about Jupiter in Farage's chart was qualified by (I think from memory) and was an error but the mood of the debate was that he had no chance anyway so no harm done I hope. in the meantime will look at the SR for Nicola Sturgeon. It looks more promising but I like the look of Venus with the king star as well as Jupiter. Do not worry abut the date. Politicians are criticised for "short-termism" but we take a long view
Matthew

My first impressions of her radix is to see Venus in Virgo in the tenth. This symbolism makes me think of her Majesty Elizabeth I dubbed the virgin queen. She is close to the nodal axis and the dragon's head is in the 4th in Pisces. The recent eclipse was more seen to the North of Britain and I believe that Pisces will have significance for Scotland at this time. Mars is in a fiery sign in the ninth showing us her fierce ideology.

Whatever happens in the UK election with fixed angles in her chart she bwill be around yet awhile to restore pride to her nation
b
The computer tells me that Prom. Mercury sextiled Sig MC on the 17th April 2014 and suggests to me at least communication and the public eye. She came out well in the recent party leader debate on television. I gather that this medium infuences the hoi polloi. Even some English folk said they would vote for he if they could
The next up is the Moon sextiling her Asc on the 8th July 2015 and surely that cannot be bad?

a brief look at her SR 2014 shows Leo on the ascendent so ninth house matters of beliefs are the big issue. Ruler Sun is square to Mars conj NN so difficult challenges. Retro Saturn in scorpio does not help. I think of how she has been under the shadow of former FM Alex Salmond. 12th house ruler Moon is conj SN in the 10th so something prevents her achievements this year

Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Three in ten MP's could be women after the election according to an article in the Sunday Times today - next to a picture of the Home Secretary looking stunning in a blue shalwar kameez
Matthew Goulding

I thought people might be interested in some links to other astrological pieces on the internet which predict the outcome of the UK General election.

Firstly, a piece by the traditional astrologer Peter Stockinger. Peter looks at the Aries Ingress chart analysed at the start of this thread. However, he applies the full force of medieval technique in how to interpret the Aries Ingress chart traditionally. A very interesting piece. I rather wish I had spotted this before I posted on the topic myself. Peter concludes that David Cameron with remain in power based on his delineation of the ingress chart.

https://starsandstones.wordpress.com/20 ... -election/

Secondly, coming from a very different astrological approach ,relying heavily on modern techniques like outer planet transits, is this piece from the mundane astrologer Barry Goddard. on his Astrotabletalk blog. Barry emphatically predicts a win for Cameron.

http://astrotabletalk.blogspot.co.uk/

A member of my Association (Nicholas Grier) wrote an article on the election earlier this year that appeared in the UK Astrological Journal. Nick strongly suggests a second spell for Cameron as PM largely based on the close of poll chart and transits of the leading players.

Overall I feel the weight of astrological opinion seems to be leaning towards Cameron leading as Prime Minister again.

So this is maybe a good time to ask if anyone takes a divergent view and thinks Miliband will be Prime Minister?

In that respect here are links to two pieces that seems suggest Cameron losing power in May:

I have given a link to an article dating back to Feb 2013 by Adrian Ross Duncan below that predicts David Cameron's political demise at this General election largely based on his transits. Although this piece was put together much longer ago than any of the other pieces I have linked to which mostly date back to last December or even the last month (Astrotabletalk). I am unclear how much Adrian Ross Duncan considered Miliband's chart:

http://astrowow.com/blog/david-cameron- ... f-britain/

I also want to give this link to a piece by Richard Burch from the Exeter Astrology group analysing the opening of poll chart. You may recall I looked at that chart at the start of the thread. Richard seems to give the nudge to a Labour-Liberal Democrat coalition following a hung parliament.

http://www.exeterastrologygroup.org.uk/ ... neral.html

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks for the additional overview matthew and mark..

mark, thanks for peter s's article and the other ones too.. i note the comment section addressed my question with regard to peter s's article.. it is a mixed bag getting the lord of the year - it seems to me.. i read over some of the ramasey book, but not all of it.. i have the bonati book on this and the other book quoted too - both ben dyke translations.. i will with hold judgement on this for the time being, but it is interesting how peter s gets to what he does via the aries ingress.

i obviously don't understand the uk election system. if it is a choice between cameron and milibrand only - cameron has the better astro set up going into the may 7th election.. if the other charts count for anything, a few of the others have better astro going for them as i see it..

here are some quotes i liked off birchfields pdf found here - http://www.skyscript.co.uk/pdf/Ramesey_Birchfield.pdf

"Ramesey lived along side other astrologers such as William Lilly, but by all appearances in his autobiography, Lilly never mentions William Ramesey as being a known astrologer.
This is perhaps something that should be understood about this work. It is not based on Ramesey?s personal experience from practice of it!"

page 64 of the pdf would seem relevant to the aries ingress peter s talks about in his article.. i can't find the other quote which i had read earlier, so others will have to read over the pdf if interested in gaining more insight into mundane astrology..

James_M wrote:
i obviously don't understand the uk election system. if it is a choice between cameron and milibrand only - cameron has the better astro set up going into the may 7th election.. if the other charts count for anything, a few of the others have better astro going for them as i see it..
Well it is a bit of both really. The UK is a parliamentary not a Presidential system like the USA. The parties elect their leaders. But on the other hand there are only two people here who could realistically head the next government. The others are at best hoping to be aligned to one or other of the two main parties. As the line goes in the movie Highlander ''there can only be one". So we are not examining numerous candidates for the office of Prime Minister. In that respect the natal charts of the leaders of the two main parties are pivotal and the others are peripheral. Alternatively, approaches that weigh up the fortunes of the parties are also indicative of the outcome.

Still, it is interesting to look at the fortunes of some of the other leaders too. For example Nigel Farage might do well and get several MPS which would be a positive step forward for UKIP. At the same time he might have zero political influence in forming the next government. Equally, even without astrology we know Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP are having a great year. She was elected party leader last December and her party are trouncing Labour in the polls. The party is likely to exceed all historical precedents with possibly as many as 50+ seats at Westminster. So the astrology will show a great time for Sturgeon whether or not she has influence over the next government.

In contrast for Cameron and Miliband their political careers are on the line depending on the outcome of this election. I suppose this is true of Farage and Clegg too as neither are guaranteed to win the seats they are contesting.

It should be said that simply being the largest party may not be enough to survive as a government. Any new government/coalition would need to get a Queens Speech through Parliament.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Mark and James
As I understand our constitution any potential coalition has to plan for five year stretch but it could be brought down anytime by a vote of no confidence. There are techniques to predict the length of reign
Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Mjacob wrote:
Thank you Mark and James
As I understand our constitution any potential coalition has to plan for five year stretch but it could be brought down anytime by a vote of no confidence. There are techniques to predict the length of reign
Matthew
Hi Matthew,

Yes. The coalition brought in fixed 5 year parliaments under the Fixed Term Parliaments Act (2011).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-term ... s_Act_2011

But as you point out the government can still fall and a new General election be called before the 5 years are up. There appear to be two ways this can be done.

From Wikipedia:
Section 2 of the Act also provides for two ways in which a general election can be held before the end of this five-year period:

1. If the House of Commons resolves "That this House has no confidence in Her Majesty's Government", an early general election is held, unless the House of Commons subsequently resolves "That this House has confidence in Her Majesty's Government". This second resolution must be made within fourteen days of the first.

2. If the House of Commons, with the support of two-thirds of its total membership (including vacant seats), resolves "That there shall be an early parliamentary general election".

In either of these two cases, the monarch (on the recommendation of the prime minister) appoints the date of the new election by proclamation. Parliament is then dissolved 25 working days before that date.
As you suggest we can assess the longlevity of any new administration by drawing a chart up for when Cameron or Miliband go to Buckingham Palace to formally take over the office of PM.

Mark

Earlier in the thread James asked if anyone had been looking at the party charts?

Actually, I have. I am going to be rather busy over the next few days. However, when I come back on the forum early next week I will be posting on all the party charts.

Most importantly, I will be unveiling the first timed chart for the Labour party ever to to be displayed to the astrological community. Something you will not find in Nicholas Campion's book or anywhere else to my knowledge.

This follows some research I have done into the Labour party archives.

Mark

nodal axis in transit viewpoint..

i have been thinking about the nodes a lot lately.. the nodal axis is on my sun at 9 aries at present. i was thinking that i could consider the 5 or 6 charts mark had shared in light of the transiting nodal axis for the may 7th election in the uk..

the north node is at approx 8 libra at the time of the election.. without going into too much detail this would seem to favour cameron the most, followed by clegg if his birth time is close to accurate.. with cameron venus at 7 libra and with clegg midheaven is at 8 libra for the 5:30am birth time. with cameron if libra rising as the time provided gives - we have the ruler of the ascendant in focus thanks the north node..

milibrand and sturgeon both have uranus in libra - mili at 8 and sturgeon at 5 libra. milibrand it is north node in the 6th area, while sturgeon it is 12th or 11th depending on your house choice.. my impression is it is more unsettling or milibrand here given the closeness of the north node on uranus..

milibrand, clegg and robinson are all sun in cap with a slight focus of more planets in cap.. the nodal axis in libra/aries would seem to be less helpful for them.. perhaps somewhat similar for sturgeon with sun in late cancer, but she also has jupiter in late libra too..

on the basis of nodal axis data - cameron still comes out most favoured.. clegg less so, even if north node transits the 10th house area - those cap planets aren't synced up right..

finally, regarding farage - it would seem to take away some of the positive spin i have given farage earlier.. the nodal aixs highlights the wide sun/mars conjunction in his chart.. perhaps farage is seen temporarily as too forceful and strident when the need for more diplomacy is what the public wants.. of course cameron captures the public spirit if the north node is all it is cracked up to be and is given a free karma free ride here by the nodes, lol.. all conjecture on my part, but i thought i would share it publicly..

one additional comment -
cameron - north node - taurus
milbrand - nn - pisces
clegg - nn - taurus
farage - nn cancer
sturgeon - pisces
robinson - nn - taurus
none of them have a great fit with the transiting nodal axis in libra/aries on this level.
james_m wrote: basic overview on my collected posts here so far - i have done 4 candidates - farage has the best set up followed by cameron.. milibrand and clegg are somewhere noticeably below that.. i will get to the others in the next few days.