There are a few more results to come in but the Conservative Party have an overall majority and can form the next government without need of any coalition. Remarkable result

Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Mark wrote:
Anyway, lets belatedly look at that Conservative party chart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... y_%28UK%29

I have displayed the chart on its own (untimed noon)
Pity we don't have a time and chart angles for that chart.

That Sun at 19 degrees Scorpio 39 minutes seems to show the history of the Conservative party's successes and failures. I can't remember the exact date in 1990 when Margaret Thatcher fell, due to unpopularity over the poll tax, but transiting Pluto was within on degree of this Sun in late 1990. Her rise to power was synchronous with IsisTranspluto squaring this Sun from 19.5 degrees Leo.

Mark wrote:

The UK comes in fairly low at only 22.8% of the House of Commons women. The USA is even lower with its main lower house the House of Representatives only 19.4% female. Canada isn't all that high either at 25.2%.

Mark
Looks like we now >30% of our MP's women. Tulip Siddiq won Hampstead for Labour for example praising her husband who took time off work to support her
Matthew Goulding

I met local man Michael Foot the late ex Labour leader walking his dog on Hampstead Heath and George Orwell lived there. The last MP was Labour's Glenda Jackson. It is a prosperous area but people do not always vote on class lines. Lots of the bourgeoisie vote Labour and there are many working class Tories
Matthew

As her name suggests Tulip Siddiq is from an Asian background (Bengali) but more British Asians are following the Conservatives these days. The Camerons visited our Sikh Gurdwara during the campaign but our losing Labour candidate is himself a turban wearing Sikh. Maybe these sort of factors make election results hard to predict
Matthew Goulding

I think on the whole the astrological community equited itself very well on this election. Almost to a man and woman we picked the right winner. Something that eluded most of the pollsters. Still I dont think we should be complacent.

This result has still proved a shock. Looking at the pollsters, politicians, civil servants etc its seems hardly anyone anticipated this kind of decisive result.

So while I think we can take credit in finding so many techniques coalescing in a correct prediction I am more interested in reflecting on how me might have picked up the scale of Cameron's success better beforehand.

Deb has commented on the role of the Solar eclipse and I am sure that must be important. In addition as I said at the start of this thread it was conjunct the 1066 chart Moon.

Bizarrely, though one chart I totally forgot to study was the pre-lunation chart for May 4th. That is a shame as I have found these charts are invariably useful for any mundane event (and indeed natal astrology).

I think the chart is very interesting.
Considering the word 'shock' has been used so much for this election it is very appropriate to see Uranus right on the pre-lunation ASC. The ASC traditionally represents the will of the people (along with the Moon) and the people did indeed express a very Uranian verdict on politicians across the UK who fell from office like Nine-pins.

The pre-lunation Full Moon in Scorpio also favoured the Conservatives as ties into the Conservative party chart (1867) with its Sun in Scorpio. The Scorpio Moon formed a T square with Jupiter (Lord 9+12) in Leo and the Sun in Taurus. The Sun in the pre-lunation chart was also close to the Conservative party Pluto.

The 7th house cusp and lot of Fortune in the pre-lunation were also conjunct David Cameron's Sun

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri May 08, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mcajob wrote:
If it is a post mortem can we compare the close of poll to Cameron's natal - just thinking.
Hi Matthew,

I suppose I rather assumed most people had looked at that as the key transit chart for Cameron. But maybe not. No harm in looking again now the dust has settled.

I just thought the pre-lunation was interesting as I hadn't noticed anyone putting that up before the election. But sure whatever you fancy. Do you want to take us through that end of poll transits?

You have been very quiet on astro analysis for this election. I would really like to see a traditional take on this.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

It seems that the pre-lunation chart was considered as important as the Aries Ingress chart by the early astrologers and I did look at it especially as we had an eclipse. It could be that this chart was more used for weather and commodities than temporal power though. In the case of the close of poll chart at that time I still imagined a hung parliament so thought that was the start of wrangling rather than a straight win as we now have.
Will comment further tomorrow.

I know that you want to look further ahead than just the election result though and look forward to what happens to our country or countries as it may still turn out
Regards
Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Mark wrote:
Hi Matthew,

You have been very quiet on astro analysis for this election. I would really like to see a traditional take on this.

Mark
I have been studying natal lately so was playing catchup on Mundane. Here is an edit of a post on another forum

"I will now share my first impressions of the close of poll chart but will judge the houses as though an ingress
Saturn ascends and the midheaven is Libra. The leader then is exalted in the house of the common people but retro but received by Jupiter. This is good for the sitting party. We also see the north node in Libra. This means the wealthy find favour with the rulers. Big business has come out in favour of the conservatives.

Now let us see the opposition Labour party in the 4th house. Whether you choose the exaltation or sign ruler neither of them are much good. Mars is not that close to the angle but he is dangerously near Algol so "off with his head" Mars is square to Jupiter. Could he seek help from the SNP? For allies we look at the next sign Taurus her ruler is Venus. Nicola Sturgeon is in the last degree of Gemini and applies to the Moon in Capricorn but the moon applies away from her."

Further to this the Close of Poll MC is almost exactly the ASC of David Cameron's natal and Saturn ascends - the natural significator of Conservatives. If you want real traditional there were peculiar weather conditions over Scotland and a photo was published in the paper of two lenticular clouds over the highlands. The smaller red cloud was under a bigger black cloud. The symbolism was obvious to any omen reader with Babylonian pretensions
Matthew Goulding

Mark, it wasn't until the day before the election that I started to look at the charts, and just want to say thank you for the work you put into this thread, which made a great resource. (One suggestion if you do this again in future, is that a list of links or copies of charts kept at the top of the thread would be really great - perhaps your opening post could be updated with the link whenever an important chart is added?).

I have never been a supporter of Conservative policy myself. On the other hand it seemed pretty clear to me all along that Milliband was unable to inspire or present himself as an effective leader, whereas Nicola Sturgeon was going from strength to strength. The exciting thing for the country now is that so many top politicians have fallen at this election that we are going to see some really radical changes in the opposition parties. This could be a very important turning point for the Labour party, because a whole new team is going to be put together now, and from what I've seen of the likely candidates for leadership there's a lot of talent to be exploited. This time I hope we can get better data than we did for Milliband, whose chart in astro-database is surely wrong, since it adds an hour for daylight saving in December, whereas according to the time and date website, this was ended on 27 October 1968, and was not employed again until 1972.
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/ ... ?year=1969

Mark wrote:I think on the whole the astrological community equited itself very well on this election. Almost to a man and woman we picked the right winner. Something that eluded most of the pollsters. Still I dont think we should be complacent.

This result has still proved a shock. Looking at the pollsters, politicians, civil servants etc its seems hardly anyone anticipated this kind of decisive result.

So while I think we can take credit in finding so many techniques coalescing in a correct prediction I am more interested in reflecting on how me might have picked up the scale of Cameron's success better beforehand.

Mark
Certainly the psephological lobby are taking a hard look at themselves. Bear in mind that until recently there was only about book available on mundane astrology and Ben Dykes, tireless though he is has not even finished his mundane trilogy. Not complacency then but we lack experience here.
Matthew Goulding