Jo?o wrote:
I think you should start a new thread for the "Accidental vs Essential dignities", since this one is specifically about Orientality. However, as it happens when people are really interested in these topics, threads derail naturally into other subjects, so I'm still going to reply in this thread.
I am very aware myself of the seduction of wandering off topic and yes it can be very interesting! However, if I attempt a further reply to you the focus of this thread will be lost even further. I suggest you follow up your own idea and open up a fresh topic on 'Accidental vs Essential Dignity Scoring''. Its beginning to sidetrack this thread too much.

I would like everyone posting here to now to get back back to the specific topic which is occidental and oriental.

Thanks

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

francescomanfredi wrote:The scheme is quite good. The only thing I think is quite exaggerated, is to tell that a peregrine planet should get -5.
Sounds like being peregrine is worst than being in fall or exile.
It is my only doubt.
You are not the only one. I am sure others have said this too
Matthew Goulding

francescomanfredi wrote:I have yet to read all of the Regulus article linked by Mark but if you saw a planet on the Asc in its domicile then it would be important at least
Astrology reveals the substance behind appearances or in my opinion anyway
I have not said that it is meaningless: but many classical astrologers (Carter included) say that if a planet is conjunct to angles, means that it is very evident, but the chart must be considered in its integrity. It is not assured that the planet conjunct the angle should be the purest dominant.
I have edited the previous post. Forgive the pedantry but classical means to me Ancient Greece and Rome not Carter
Regards
Matthew
Matthew Goulding

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy attending a seminar.
This is a link from CieloeTerra site:
http://www.cieloeterra.it/articoli.epic ... cicli.html
Here in Italy, we declare too blindly that when a planet is conjunct ascendant, everything is subdued to that planet. And another thing we say here, is that when a planet conjuncts mc, is the same as conjuncting the ascendant: I don't think so.
here in Italy, where? Never heard before you mentioned.
Anyway a planet rising with the Ascendant is something one would notice, I believe.
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com