Transits for pregnancy and conception

I've been collecting transits that show up in charts at the time of pregnancy and conception, because there seem to be differing schools of thought on this and the info is not in one place. So I'm curious if anyone has any input on other transits to look for or add to the list? This is in its infancy, no pun intended, so take it with a grain:

1. At the basic level, the Moon transitting a water sign during conception.

2. Condition of progressed moon:
a) in the 5th
b) in a fertile sign (Cancer, Pisces, Taurus, Libra, Scorp)

3. Any aspects between a progressed Moon and
a) natal Mars
b) natal Venus or Uranus
c) 5th house cusp
d) planets in the 5th natally
e) the ASC, DSC, MC, or IC
f) Ceres or Juno.

4. Transitting Jupiter on the cusp of the 5th or thru the 5th.
5. Progressed Sun to natal Venus ("heart's desire")

6. Midpoints:
a) activation of (ie a planet transitting) the chart's Jupiter-Uranus midpoint
b) activation of the chart's Mars- Jupiter midpoint
c) activation of the chart's Venus-Uranus midpoint
d) activation of the chart's Moon-Venus midpoint

7. A planet crossing the MC which is often the sign for children. (note: is the formula for the Arabic Part of Children the same as the MC always? in my case they coincide but i haven't looked at other charts yet).

8. Any jupiter-moon aspects

9. Progressed Jupiter aspects to
a) Venus / NN in the 5th.
b) a planet in the 5th.
c) the 5th house ruler or to mars (is that accurate?)

10. Progressed Venus in a fertile sign / aspecting planet in the 5th.

11. Uranus or Pluto transitting the 5th or aspecting its ruler.

I'm not sure how much value we give Progressed Moon vs transitting Moon (if the transit is in a water hous but progressed is not, which one "counts"?) and am curious about that.

I am also curious if Ceres/Juno can be in a non-conjunct type aspect ie 60 degrees from Moon for example. Or does it have to be a passing transit touching the planet?
And for anything from the list above, would a quincunx aspect count at all?

For conception, pregnancy and birth, I would look for heavy outer planet transits to the natal Moon. Not trines. Maybe a Solar Arc progression of one of the chart angles to the natal Moon.

Polina, are you familiar with the so called cosmobiological method of determining the fertile days by Dr. Eugen Jonas? Jonas found out that a woman will conceive only when the transit Sun and Moon are in the same angular relationship like in the natal chart. Moreover, the baby's gender will depend on the Moon's position in a male (Fire, Air) or female (Water, Earth) sign. Jonas' work isn't undisputed but I suggest that you look into it, if you haven't done so yet.

Thanks Michael. I am aware of the Moon phase prediction method, although I admit I don't feel it's practical for many women because it can take months before ovulation coincides with moon phase. What I was not aware of was Moon sign, because I have heard of Moon phase as the predictor of gender rather than sign -- waning is male, waxing is female, etc. That would contradict the sign issue if one of them is correct. ie a waxing moon in a male sign, then which wins? )) I'm curious which of the two *is* correct! :-)

Well, since during conception, the Moon is always in the same angular relationship to the Sun (a.k.a. in the same phase) like in the natal chart, this cannot be the indicator for the child's gender - otherwise, a woman could only have either boys or girls. That is, if Jonas is right.

Except...Jonas' method is only one predictive method, there are others that also work. So for a given pregnancy, his method may apply, but for the next child by the same woman, maybe other factors apply and his doesn't for that particular pregnancy...

As far as I know there's not to date *one* method that works for all pregnancies all the time -- it's usually one or several from a list of transits, as far as I can tell?

I would recommend looking at time lords like profections/firdaria (or a Greek one like Apheta) as well as solar return charts. This will give more information and will allow you to see why those particular transits you've looked at are triggering these things. Obviously not everytime there are heavy 5th house transits a woman gets pregnant. One has to look at the time lords. I haven't looked too much into conception but when I was born I noted that the SR chart for my mother had a packed 5th house and that by Primary Directions Mercury, which promised a child, had made an aspect to the part of children. I don't remember the rest of what was happening (via timelords) but those two things were pretty significant.