on arguments for/against recovery

Hi everybody.

It's been 4 weeks now that I ve lost my cat, and contrary to the 1-chart rule, I've to admit that I have drawn a dozen horary charts, since the arguments pro/against recovery (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wit.html) are equally (?) balanced. I guess when it is not a definite yes, then it shoud be a definite no, but then again maybe I'm missing something.

For example how should one interprete the notion of "aspect" in the directions given on Deb's article?
i.e. "The Sun and Moon aspecting each other..", "The Moon aspecting a fortune/infortune.."

Does it mean an applying aspect? A partile aspect? Or an hellenistic one?

and what about the "disposition" by a malefic? i.e. "Fortuna or the Moon disposed by an infortune (Mars, Saturn, South Node, Uranus).."

Does it mean disposition as by sign rulership or is it also an aspect or conjunction involved?

Thanx a lot

Georgia

Ur question can be answered if u read horary materials.
Why don't u post the chart and see if u can get some help and maybe some answeres to ur questions...
It is dificult to answer and make scenarios without a chart...cause every chart tells a different story...it depends from situation to situation...u can apply same rules but the interpretation is different.

Hi Georgia:

I am sorry to hear about your lost cat. I hope the kitty comes back to you soon.

When I analyze a lost object/lost pet chart, I read the rules in a simple and literal way. If a rule doesn?t mention something, then I don?t add it to the analysis. For instance, if the rule says ?aspect? and not ?applying aspect,? then I take that to mean that application is not necessary for this specific condition to exist in the chart. Also, I would not use Hellenistic aspects unless I were a Hellenistic astrologer and routinely read charts using Hellenistic techniques.

If you look at the top of the main page of the horary forum, you will find an announcement titled ?Index of Horary Charts with Answers.? This announcement is a list of links to Skyscript threads discussing charts with known outcomes. There are several lost pet horaries there; you might find it helpful to compare your chart to those.

You also asked about interpreting charts with mixed testimonies?some for and some against recovery. I don?t think that is uncommon. To me, mixed testimonies mean that recovery is possible but by no means certain or easy. In those cases, I focus on these indicators of places to look: location of L6 by sign/house, location of PoF by sign/house, sign on the fourth house cusp. You can also look at the last aspect of L1, and the last aspect of L6. The last aspects can give you information about what you were doing, and what the kitty was doing, when kitty went missing.

Also, by all means post the chart. You say you have cast several, so it?s probably best to post the very first one.

Namaste?
LP
Allow yourself to be molded by your own talents.

My pronouns are she, her, hers

Thank you for your reply, Leo-Poet.

What made me focus on -and ask for further clarification of- every word of the rules were precisely the mixed testimonies. I will post the chart however, later on, when I have more time to write down my thoughts on the matter.

Thanx again,

Georgia