"Will I be able to walk again?"

Hello All,

Today I was asked: "Will I be able to walk again?" The question came from an 84 year-old woman who is in good health, but has recently had trouble with her lower back. She walks with a cane, but is very independent and proud (Aries Sun, Leon Moon)

My question: Should I be looking to the 6th house (co-ruled here by Aquarius & Pisces) or elsewhere? Also, since Libra typically rules the lower back, should Venus be a co-significator? Any input or thoughts welcome.

Thanks!

The chart data is as follows for anybody who is interested:

3:44 PM Central Standard Time (Daylight Savings Time)
Evanston, IL 87W41, 42N02

It?s not very often we see horaries like this so I hope you don?t mind that I inserted the chart.
Should I be looking to the 6th house (co-ruled here by Aquarius & Pisces) or elsewhere?
The first house indicates health and vitality, and the 6th house indicates afflictions to health. The Moon?s recent opposition to Mars on the 6th cusp seems very relevant.
Also, since Libra typically rules the lower back, should Venus be a co-significator? Any input or thoughts welcome.
Natural significators for the back include Venus and the 5th house (CA p.53). Libra can show weakness in the back (p.96) and Cancer, backpains (p.95).

The problem might be rooted in the back, but it?s affecting the use of her legs. The natural significators for legs include Aquarius (on 6th cusp) (p.98 ); the 11th house, (where the 6th house ruler is placed), (p.56). Problems in the legs are also signified by Mars in Aquarius, Jupiter in Libra, and Mercury (1st-ruler) in Aries (CA., p.119).

I think the Moon?s application to the trine of the Sun shows good spirit which will keep her vitality and general health up, but the Sun?s position in the 8th house and the involvement of Saturn in the 11th and ruling the 6th also suggests that at least some of the problem is down to the natural aging process, and there?s not much anyone can do to reverse that.

All the best with your judgement
Deb

re: horary question

Deb,

Thank you so much for your input. Your analysis was very helpful, particularly the eighth house issues. I have one small question, if you don't mind. Do you see a co-rulership of Aquarius AND Pisces in the 6th house. The Pisces, of course, would lead back to the Jupiter (retrograde!) in Libra. Anyway I guess my question really is: How much are co-rulerships a factor in horary interpretation?

Thanks!

Chris Petrakos

Co rulerships

I dont understand how pisces can "co-rulership" the 6th house... the ruler of the house is the ruler of the sign where the cusp of the house is, and him alone, planets are very jealous :-)

maybe you can use the almuten, or mars, to co-rule the disease, but I think this is all there is possible... :???:

Other things... the 6th house is being afflicted by mars, vertex and neptune

Part of sickness is also in 11th house. Part of fatality in sagitarius. Part of death is around 0 Taurus by my maths... that is a really strange calculus for me, because tonight, when I saw this chart, I was thinking in an example of John Frawley, will the queen mother see her 100th birthday ? He argues that a woman this old will eventually die (as us all), and 100 is more or less the maximun we humans can do.

So, as the lord of your querent (mercury) is in aries, I though that it would be a sign of the extent of her life, after all, Will I ever walk again is the same as Will I ever walk in my period of time ? I think I am drawning in the pool of my own randon toughts :-) If this was so simple she would live for more 27 years ! 111 is a lot more than usual...

Anyway, mars is lord of the 8th, in the 6th, where it is exalted, makes quincunc with Saturn, is the dispositor of the Lord Ac and Sun, I would think that she can have a lot of health problems real soon, because the Moon is tranlating Lord of AC and Mars

Yuzuru
PS: Ah, the AC is almost (27?) conjunt the star Coxa (Hip or Ribs) linked to voyages

Hi Chris,

Opinions are going to differ on this. It is quite common to find Lilly and other traditional authors brining in the relevance of co-rulers; but I never do in horary work - even if the cusp is only a couple of degrees into a new sign, I tend to stick the main significator as defined by the sign on the cusp.

A while back I tried to pay more attention to co-rulers, but they just seemed to get in the way of an otherwise clear judgement so now I tend to ignore them.

I?m talking about the use of the ruler of a secondary sign in a house of course, I don?t ignore all co-rulers! But in general I think everything has to be related in some way to the story told by the main significators and the Moon. In this chart I?d see Jupiter?s significance as somehow related the 2nd (where it is placed) or the 4th or 7th (which it rules), and I would be exploring the meaning of its mutually applying opposition to the ruler of the 1st through those themes.

Deb