The Lee Lehman method didn't work either.

Ruler of 4th house in 12th house: (no points assigned).
Ruler of 7th house in 6th house: (no points assigned).
Ruler of 1st house in 6th house: (no points assigned).
Scorpio on 7th cusp: (no points assigned).
Moon in Pisces ruling 4th house (Cancer on 4th cusp): 1 Point for Away Team.
Taurus Rising: 1 Point for Home Team.
Ruler of 4th Cusp sextile Asc: 4 Points for Home Team.
Ruler of 4th Cusp sextile MC: 4 Points for Home Team.
Nearest separating aspect to the Moon is Moon opposition Jupiter and Jupiter is in the sixth house: (no points assigned).
Nearest applying aspect to the Moon is Moon trine Saturn and Saturn is in the seventh house: (no points assigned).
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

England are huge favs, so get the 1st and 10th.

Only testimony I can see is 10th Lord conjunct POF.

"Finally we come to Saturn. Unles it is busy being Lord 1 or Lord 7, it seems to work as a malefic, afflicting whatever it touches. This nastiness seem to take priority over other roles it might have, such as Lord 10."
Verum e

Slightly off-topic as this concerns Australia - England tomorrow.

Using a mix of Brady's interpretation of Bonatti's approach to battle conflicts and with a bit of Frawley thrown in, I come to the following conclusion.

I see Australia starting the game well, but from before the second quarter for a good 10 minutes England dominate.
For the remainder of the first half England are held by Australia.
The first part of the second half any hope of success for Australia is thwarted by England.
The last quarter of the game, Australia have success in their grasp.

It looks to me as a close run affair with Australia the more likely to win unless England can establish a good lead at the start of the second quarter.

Frawley

England are Favs:

Lord 7 Conjunct POF must be good for the UD's.

Can't see much else.

Leehman

England are home team.

Ruler of 4th house in 2nd house: (no points assigned).
Ruler of 7th house in 5th house: (no points assigned).
Ruler of 1st house in 5th house: (no points assigned).
Scorpio on 7th cusp: (no points assigned).
Taurus Rising: 1 Point for Home Team.
Ruler of 7th cusp in 8th house: (no points assigned).
Ruler of Asc square Asc: 4 Points for Away Team.
Moon in Gemini: 2 Points for Home Team.
Nearest separating aspect to the Moon is Moon sextile Venus and Venus is in the fifth house: (no points assigned).
Nearest applying aspect to the Moon is Moon square Mercury and Mercury is in the sixth house: (no points assigned).

Conclusion:

Away Team Wins (Australia)

Brady

Australia are Asc, England Are Dsc

Venus - Neutral sign
Mars - Neutral Sign

Venus Avastha - 0 points but getting helped by its friend, Saturn

Mars Avastha - 0 points but getting trashed by its enemy, Mercury

Away team wins (Australia)

All three systems say Australia.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Sorry for what seems like a stupid question - but what was the time and place for the kick-off of the England-Australia match, which put England out of the world cup? I have been looking on the web and the info I have is that it kicked off in Manchester at 8:00pm BST on 1 October. But the chart I have for that has 21 Taurus rising with Moon (4th-ruler) in the 1st house at 29.22 Taurus. Is that correct? (It doesn't fit with Saturnhead's description of the chart above which says the 4th-ruler is in the 2nd house).

I wasn't following the rugby so it wasn't until the day after after the match that I realised England were hosting the cup and so this loss was more than a big deal for the nation. I'm looking at how the chart relates to the chart for the lunar eclipse that preceded it on 28 September, which was pretty awful when set for London, with Mars on the ascendant, Moon in 8th house applying straight after the eclipse to the opp of the ascendant ruler (Mercury, retrograde and combust). The eclipse is especially relevant for England because it was visible, and because it fell in Aries, which is traditionally associated with England.

If I have the kick-off chart correct, the midheaven of the eclipse chart (20.32 Taurus) falls upon on the ascendant of the kick-off chart (21.43 Taurus), making that match a prime candidate for the expression of the effects of the eclipse. (And this kind of loss is just the kind of thing we would expect from that eclipse chart).

Deb wrote:the info I have is that it kicked off in Manchester at 8:00pm BST on 1 October.
No, sorry Deb. It was on Saturday 3rd October, at 8:00pm and the venue was Twickenham.

I get 24TA41 rising and the Moon at 27GE01 in the 2nd.

Thanks GB! My internet is playing up today so it was a painful process trying to get info on the date and time, but I'm still not sure how I managed to get it so wrong! It doesn't change the ascendant much (it is still close to the eclipse MC) but my theory preferred the 1st October date :)

Saturn angular on the descendant for match says a lot.