who will win the UK election?

received my polling card yesterday and started seriously thinking about this. So cast a horary
London 21.04 bst 18 april 2005 - who will win the UK election?

it has asc ( but not moon) at 10 deg scorpio in via combusta but i still feel it looks a valid chart

I wasn't sure whether to use 1/7th as govt and opp or 10th/4th - I have gone for 10th /4th but would appreciate views on this

My reading is as follows...
10th - current government - leo ruler sun in aries ( seems right leader is aries and associated colour is red)
4th - opposition. saturn rules and is in 9th in cancer - I think this is quite apt - - you don't get much more conservative than saturn cancer and they do seem to be fighting the election partly on immigration - a 9th house issue

however there is also that mars conjucnt the IC - as it is exact to the minute quincunx saturn it must be important ?- but whether this is another facet to the conseravtive party position or represents the lib dems/other parties I wasn''t sure......

Moon is conjunct the MC - which looks simply as if public could be supporting current government. But i wasn't sure if just using the moon was right. Is there a house I should use for the public voters?

Anyway - the labour position looks stronger than the conservatives. Moon will trine pluto then the "labour" sun. Saturn is not well aspected and makes no aspect to the moon.

I think that conservatives will not win but I still have some doubts about that mars which will sextile pluto. I am wondering whether there is a possibility we end up with an insufficient labour majority and a hung parliament.

In any case I feel that with the sun at almost 29 of aries that we will see a change of labour leader soon after the election despite what we are told.
Either that or perhaps this will represents labours final term in office?

please tell me if you think i am reading this all wrong!

Am

Hi Amelia,

I have my doubts about how valid these sorts of horaries are. With an issue like this, there are possibly many charts being drawn throughout Britain, asking the same thing. It is not a question of burning personal significance no matter how politically active one might be. Tony Blair, Charles Kennedy or Michael Howard would have a legitimate reason for asking such a question as it is of deep personal significance. I would be more inclined to have a look at an event chart of the day of the election. This will most likely give a much clearer indication of the energies of the day. The only problem I have with this is that I can never decide whether to erect the chart for the opening of the polls (at which time everything is set in motion) or the close of the polls (where the last vote has been cast and therefore the result decided). I usually look at both.

Having said that, I looked at your chart. I agree that you would use the 4th/10th houses for the government and opposition. Something you have in Britain that we don't have in Australia though is a viable third alternative. From what I recall, recent council or by- elections have seen the Liberal Democrats with the second highest amount of votes.

An interesting thing in the chart you have used is that the Moon is on the Mc. With the Moon being the natural significator of the people and the 10th being the incumbent party, it seems to suggest that the people are with the government rather than the opposition. The Moon is also applying to a trine with the Sun (Government).

Does anyone know what the polling hours are for the election?

Horary, Event and Mundane

Well, I supose that it will work... if the question is made with heart, clarity and respect, I dont see why the chart wouldnt work, even if it is an mundane work.
I have my doubts about how valid these sorts of horaries are. With an issue like this, there are possibly many charts being drawn throughout Britain, asking the same thing
I think this is a very touchy topic, since if you believe that if 1000 people asks through horary, with clear intention, and all really troubled by the question of the elections, all will get different results, then the basis of horary are pretty weak... besides that I believe Lilly used horary for a lot of mundane subjects, like deaths of kings and stuff.

I wouldn`t use an event chart alone for the elections... I think it would be necessary also an chart for the fundation of the country, and one for the last solar eclipse, plus progressions and solar returns. Also would have to study cicles like Saturn-Jupiter, etc.

I saw in some place an study saying that, when the personal planets are in their signs of dignity (example: Jupiter in Pisces), the situation is probably to win... the outer planets dont influence in this (as expected, since Uranus, Neptun and Pluto dont have real dignities)

Yuzuru

I think this is a very touchy topic, since if you believe that if 1000 people asks through horary, with clear intention, and all really troubled by the question of the elections, all will get different results, then the basis of horary are pretty weak...
Actually, I just think it proves that the basis for these sorts of questions is pretty weak. I agree quite strongly with what Deb said in response to Kenneth in the Philosophy thread about horaries. For me, and this is only my personal opinion, this precludes asking or answering these sorts of questions.

Who wins

Hi Amelia !
I found the article I told you so, it is in http://www.considerations-mag.com/planetsigns.htm, it says the party in power has more chance of winning if most of planets are in their own signs (of course the personal planets, because uranus, neptunus and plutus have no real dignities whatsoever !)
Notice that in election day, most of the planets will be off their dignities, but I am worried because Jupiter and saturn are mutual recepting by exaltation, I dont know if this have an effect.
The other clue he gives is the moon, which needs to be trine Saturn, happilly it doesn`t !
Hopefully it will be one down...
Yuzuru
Another article that may be of interest is http://www.astrologer.com/aanet/pub/jou ... ec00b.html