1939 aries ingress chart

lee leeham as i recall, pointed out this chart as the one worth consideration for the start of the 2nd world war.. ascendant ruler is being squared by mars with saturn high up in the chart under the rulership of the same mars.. actually - mutual reception is happening here with saturn and mars, with mars at the zero cap solstice point too.

since it was being discussed in the sid forum, i thought i would share the tropical version here.. leo fixed rising means the chart is good for the year according to trad mundane astro principles..

free picture upload

Hi James
Thank you this article answers my question i read half of it by now

I am thinking of buying the books astrology of the world I and II by Benjamin dykes to understand this subject and have a refernce but after reading the article i am thinking of the works of other authors mensioned. Do you recommend the books of Ben dykes or others? I have saved small budget and want to buy the best books on mundane astrology

hi hsn1983,

i like ben dykes books and have learned a lot from them. i haven't read astrology of the world 1, but i have read the 2nd one. i would recommend it. often he has a discount sale in december before christmas.. perhaps if you wait and he has the sale again, you can get the 2 books at a savings.. his books are focused on traditional astrology.. there are a very few more recent books on mundane astrology that you could check out also.. the only other one i know of is one by abraham ibn ezra - the book of the world - which is much more expensive and harder to get.. good luck with it all... james

This chart, cast for Paris, is discussed in depth at the back of Astrologia Gallica book 25 on Mundane Astrology or as Morin would have called it, "Universal Constitutions of the Caelum."

A Frenchman named Heiroz, I think, Cast it for Paris, which changes the MC to Aries. The two malefics, then rule the MC and the 7th house of war as they are in mutual reception, signifying the breaking out of war this year. For reasons he discusses Mars and Saturn are rulers of the year, and again having two malefics emerge as rulers of the year is another indication of war.

Casting the chart for London gives Venus rulership of the MC, in a Saturn sign, and she is posited in the house of war.

From what I've read very few astrologers, if any predicted the outbreak of WWII and this in turn caused C.E.O. Carter to dismiss the Ingress charts and concentrate on national charts instead. It was for this reason he wrote his little but influential booklet, Political Astrology

Despite the book's influence I don't know that astrologers' prediction rate has risen significantly in the past 60 or so years, and I wonder if a return to ingress charts isn't a bit overdue.

tom,
that is how i see all this.. the use of national charts seems to have created no greater ability on the part of astrologers to predict anything in advance.. i like working with ingress charts over national charts myself..