Considerations before judging any horary

Have an thought, hope is not an stupid one:
I understand very well what you say, but philosophically speaking - why would this question generate an invalid chart ? I was well intended, no hidden thoughts, I was really focused on the question and wanting to know the answer.
Many people, like Maurice Mccann dont seem to believe in the considerations. Mccann gives the historical reasons of their creations with much discredit for their importance, so I thought "could we do and experiment" ?

If we ask stupid, non relevant questions, non clear questions, do you think the rules will manifest, or they are not linked to our inner processes, just show an planetary refuse to give an answer ?

Just writing bs before going to sleep...
Yuzuru

If we ask stupid, non relevant questions, non clear questions, do you think the rules will manifest, or they are not linked to our inner processes, just show an planetary refuse to give an answer ?
If there?s no sincere intent, then there won?t be any ?divine connection? and what you will have is an event chart for the time you asked a stupid question, not a horary. I wouldn?t want to follow any advice given by that.

That?s why it?s not enough to just have a chart that looks radical - ask stupid questions regularly and randomly enough, you are bound to get a chart that seems radical sooner or later - it has to be descriptive of the situation and it should make clear sense to the astrologer by connection of the significators to the relevant places.

If an astrologer says, ?I?ve drawn up this horary but I can?t make sense of any of it?, then obviously something is not right. This happens a lot more when astrologers use horary too freely and act as querents in their own questions, than when they act as interpreters for someone else. Personally I think that if an astrologer is asking more than say 3 or 4 personal horaries a year they are resting on horary too heavily and using it as a prop to avoid taking personal responsibility for their actions, which is not good for their development personally or astrologically. Or they are playing with it, and I don?t think there are any benefits to playing around with horary.

If there?s no sincere intent, then there won?t be any ?divine connection?
I can understand that often the divine connection or intervention is considered in the Horary, yet, my first question is, what if the astrologer walks on the thin line of believer and non-believer (thinking of my own self for a start). Or simply isn't a believer.

We specify, all forms of astrology with occult sciences. Would that mean that I shall be unable to develop the understanding of sciences, while knowing that sciences at no point cover religion. Perhaps, I am absolutely wrong and need to see the other side as well, yet that is what I have understood so far.

Secondly, the quote that if an astrologer uses 3 to 4 times astrology in a year for himself is like relying too much on it. I can perfectly agree to that because each one of us is gifted with many other traits as well and we use to recognize and utilise those as well. Yet, understanding a horary chart requires practice and one of the best way I have found is to draw a chart and look at the signification of the each house, the associated planets, their aspects and what would be the result. There are no questions, only the associations and the results. If that is a wrong way then I have to ask each and every person in my surrounding to ask me a question so that I can draw a chart and look at the situation, which I would also consider to be wrong approach.

My personal feeling is that before one gets too carried away, it is always better to understand, what is and what isn't and that can only be done by looking and understanding. Yes, the answers might not be clear all the time, but the associations do specify certain things which sometimes are worth much more then the question (which in the very first place does not exist or is simply stupid).

Just my thoughts.

Ash

If there?s no sincere intent, then there won?t be any ?divine connection? and what you will have is an event chart for the time you asked a stupid question, not a horary.
:lol: I like that. But this is one of the reasons why I find horary astrology so special. It is the sincere intent to connect with the divine that draws you in and makes you part of the process in a way that no other branch of astrology can. It is one of the only branches of astrology (the other being electional astrology) where we participate in the creation of the chart. All other forms have the time dictated to us. I keep being reminded of the subtitle of Patrick Curry's book "Astrology, Science and Culture", which is 'pulling down the Moon'. I also think of many of the 15th and 16th century astrologers who used talismans of the planets to draw down the energy. This is where astrology is most certainly part of ritual. Ritual is a necessary part of the human condition and can be seen in all aspects of life. But, if performed without regard for the uniqueness of the moment, it becomes meaningless.