Another 6th v. 10th house question (eclipses!)

Hi All,

I've made rounds on some of these 6th house career threads and seems like I am circling back to square 1. I noticed something very interesting - at this time I am going thru a period at work where I am working towards a promotion (and have been) and it just so happens there is a solar eclipse coming up in my 6th house. I always had the notion that career changes would be the 10th house regardless of the trine relationship with the 2nd and 10th, but now I am thinking further - could this mean I will be promoted and get my own EMPLOYEE? (6th house).

Does anyone have experiences with promotions/career changes circling around 6th house themes?

Can you post your chart here so we can have a closer look? I personally feel that the 6th house does have to do with work, but not with profession. By work I mean situations in which one is in some manner oppressed, like most who work in the service industry are for example. A solar eclipse is not enough to show a definite event such as the one you mention. If I were looking at your chart to see about a promotion I would probably look at firdaria, yearly profections for all planets/houses, solar return and perhaps take a look at the aphesis, and lastly check PDs. If these all strongly point to you getting a promotion then the solar eclipse could indeed be very revealing for timing etc.

Hi Laz,

Thanks for your response. I am not comfortable posting my chart but what I can tell you is there is an L3 loosening on Fortune ZR into the 11th house on 3/4/16. The eclipse is on 3/9/16. Also, transiting Mars is applying in a conjunction to both my 10th and 11th house rulers one after the other. I'd say...this is one of the most difficult active periods I've had in my career in a loooong time.

I really cannot help you without all the pertinent information. Also L3 is not that powerful by itself, it needs to be contrasted with L2 and especially L1, also profections need to be reviewed and perhaps SR, depending on how far you need to go. If it isn't clear as day then it is probably not likely to happen. Also for career related stuff generally ZR from Spirit is used as I understand things. For a career boost I would expect to see the primary professional significator activated by at least firdaria and profections or ZR Spirit and profections etc. I would also expect to see good things happening for the 10th house in the SR chart and I would hope to see the natal significator of profession strong in the SR chart and by profection. If Jupiter is transiting your 10th house or your professional significator and is in a good condition in your chart then this could also be promising all things considered. One should also look to the 10th sign from Fortune and its ruler as well as the part of work (cannot remember it off the top of my head but it is referred to in Book of Aristotle) and/or the part of magistry (???) (same as fortuna but taken from the MC instead of Asc). The logic is basically the same for any subject matter you want to look at in the chart. First one must delineate what is there and then one must find those periods where the relevant planets are most powerfully activated by time lords etc. If the time lord period (major/minor) does not seem to relate directly to your career then you can see how those planets themselves relate to the 10th house and its lord or the professional significator. The SR chart will probably give you a lot of invaluable information as well. Hope that helps.

Valens says that lower level time lords cannot override difficulties in the general theme but can provide temporary relief during a difficult period. I've found it to be true generally. An exception seems to be when the sub period happens to be a "focus period" of the general times above it (as suggested by Robert Schmidt). For instance, if Taurus has the general times (L2) and if Venus or the Moon happen to be in L3 Cancer period and especially if it happens to be angular from fortune or at/after the loosing of the bond, then it can be a major turning point. Keep in mind that bond loosings only happen from Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Gemini or Aquarius, Capricorn.

For instance, in my own chart, I have Sun in Leo 10th with fortune, NN, Uranus. I have spirit in Capricorn with Saturn. While in the Aquarius times for spirit (4th), I slaved away in obscurity (because Saturn rules the general times and the 4th is hidden (place of secrets) and Mars as exaltation lord of spirit couldn't see Aquarius) until Aquarius L1 -> Capricorn L2 (focus period - 3rd house) which is when I started writing Delphic Oracle. The Aquarius general period has Jupiter and the SN so it was a time of great increase of knowledge (Jupiter) about the past (SN) in astrology. At the loosing of the bond from Aquarius -> Leo where the Sun was, the astrological community started really taking note as it was the first program to do justice to the Hellenistic model. Companies who ignored my suggestions before then started trying to hire me; some on multiple occasions. The L3 period a few months after the loosing of the bond, Taurus, which was Aug 14th, 2006 was the date of the 4th PHASE Conclave which put my work in very high profile. This was a 10th from fortune L3 period lasting 21 days ruled by Venus. Looking at the starting point, that means that the Sun, Saturn and Venus ruled over the times and all were of the same wind (descending south). Valens notes that one can get farther in life when the winds are all in the same direction. On top of that, at the start of the L3 period, the Moon happened to be in her exaltation degree at 3 Taurus (by transit).
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Under the Aquarius L1 -> Gemini L2 -> Aquarius L3 -> Leo L4 (before the bond loosing) is when I first met Robert Schmidt and during the L2 (9th house Cancer) period is when I spent a lot of time in Berkeley Springs at Schmidt's workshops studying philosophy. The period after that was Leo and is what is called a "foreshadowing period" because it mimicks what the later loosing of the bond will be like. That was when I wrote the program Zodiacal Aphesis (now called Zodiacal Releasing). It was released on Dec 31, 1997 under Aq -> Le -> Aq -> Le (in both cases before the loosing of the bond). Ellen Black called this kind of repetition "amplification". Because the most notable thing I did at that time was release software, I should have known that the bond loosing of 2005 would be about the same thing, but the program was just released for the first time and we didn't know the interpretive principles well at all. In hindsight it seems obvious.
Curtis Manwaring

FYI L3 in this case is in better condition than both L1 and L2. L1 is in detriment and L2 is Saturn out of sect and peregine. I keep seeing this 11th house theme and wonder if it's a promotion or just a salary increase (LB is going from darkness or light). My only reservation is that L1 and L2 can see eachother by planetary ruler and L3 cannot see either of them. All I know is the situation won't stay the same. Something will have to change.

Why is the placement of the next eclipse (19 Pisces) in your 6th house of concern StellarTiggy? Does it fall upon the position of your natal Sun, Moon or other sensitive point? If not, the effects of the eclipse are unlikely to be of great significance you personally.

Pay close attention to the Cancer L4 starting tomorrow as it's the foreshadowing period. It will likely hint at what happens at the Feb 10th LB to Cancer. I second what Deb said about the eclipse. Eclipses show what's entering (NN) and exiting (SN) the world, but without personal planets close to degree of the eclipse, (it's already cadent which means that the activity isn't squarely centering upon your world) there won't be an agent to make it personal.
Curtis Manwaring