as i recall, there are a number of different ways to derive the Lot of Eros -- I tried them and found the one that reversed off the ascendant, Basis, was the one that worked w/my life

It might be a matter of different strokes for different folks ...

Grettings,

In the Book I, Anthologies, Nature of the Stars , Vettius Valens points out that Selene indicates ?living together or legal marriage?.

In the Book II, Antologies, Concerning Marriage, in a Different Manner, Vettius Valnes points out that the Lot of Marriage is found,? for women, from Selene to Ares, because Selene is exalted in the Bull and is depressed in the Scorpion?, causing the subtraction of its light cosmically. Check Ptolemy to find the resemblance of indicators for marriage issue!

Valens brings forth the same spatial distribution found in general in the topic of marriage, the interval of 7 images. The 1st and 7th image are configured by a diametrical opposition which implies a parallel plane. ( parallel = having the same direction, course, nature, or tendency; corresponding; similar; analogous). In greek language, ?para ? means side by side, next to, beside to, in the presence of. The ratio of this configuration is 1:2, which is fact points a half, maybe your HALF?

Now imagine Selene in the Bull, 1 st image and Ares in the Scorpion, in the 7th one. What is their relation? What they mean to each other?

Lot of Marriage = AS + Ares ? Selene. This is a type of argument which use as its form the analogy (see in greek logic). The analogy could be seen as a process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (source- Selene ) to another (target- Ares). In our Lot, Selene defines Ares.

The Lot of Marriage measure the PROBABILITY in which the marriage will occur in life, in the same time showing its proportions (time, shape, number etc).