America's Super Bowl 50

Hi everybody, I'm new here. I've been reading John Frawley's "Sports Astrology" recently, and wanted to try it out. Since it's a big thing in the States, I'm looking at the Super Bowl that's occuring in a few hours. Here's the info:

Feb 7th, 2016
kick-off at 6:30pm EST
located at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California

Part of the difficulty I have with Frawley is that he wants dilenation to be very simple and straight-forward. I used to get lost in the details instead of looking for an obvious answer. (btw, Denver Broncos are the under dog here.) Here's what the chart looks like to me:

AS Virgo, Mercury in Capricorn V
VII Pisces, Jupiter in Virgo Rx AS
North Node in AS

...that's what I'm looking at. I left the book at home, unfortunately, and I can't remember some of the other rules. He doesn't prefer to give Pisces to Neptune in his book, so I ignored Neptune in the VII. The North Node might not give much help, but what really caught my eye is that the AS controls the other team...and since the Broncos seem to be the fan favorite, it looks like they'll win.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

You give the start time as 18.30 EST, and the location as California (which would be PST), so I do not know which you mean.

You say the ascendant is in Virgo but do not give the actual degree, which would help in checking the correct location and time.

If I set the chart for 18.30 PST and the location you give, I get a 0VI34 ascendant. Is that what you mean?

Usually I would take team colours into account but not knowing which teams are playing or the colours they play in, it is rather difficult to make a judgement.

Yesterday's SuperBowl at the Levi's Stadium (37?24?11?N 121?58?12?W) was scheduled for 23:30 GMT.

It seems you have used the wrong time.
It was 18:30 EST, but 15:30 PST.

This give a Cancer 23?36? ASC.

Frawley warns against judging events with a Cancer ASC, but if you do so, then as the Moon is reserved for the "flow of events", use its Dispositor.
So Saturn would take the role of Lord 1st but this is in contention as Lord 7th!
Another reason for aborting a judgment.
However if you make do without any primary Lords, Lord 10th is Mars and Lord 4th Venus.
Neither planet has any testimonies associated with it.

There are some testimonies associated with the Moon, as showing the flow of events, first:
Moon Sextile L4 (Venus) antiscion, then
Moon Conjuct L10 (Mars) antiscion, and finally
Moon Trine PoF antiscion.
The first of these favour the underdogs, and the others the favourite.

So if you proceed to judgment in the light of the Cancer ASC and that Dispositor of the Moon is also the Lord 7th, the testimonies favour the favourite.

But well done GB with your serendipitous prediction.

Correct time for Superbowl 50

The time you used was the scheduled starting time. Sports events never start at the scheduled time. The actual starting time was 15:39:20 PST at Santa Clara, CA, timed by yours truly. The NFL site gives 15:39, which is close enough.

Frawley's method is said to work well on high profile games, so it will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Craig

Goca called it perfect. Again. Using colours. On the other forum.
ASC=23Can36
Broncos will wear white kit, so they are ASC.
Panthers will wear black kit, so they are DSC.
In this type of chart we look for Moon's aspect with L10 or L4(because lord of the Moon is L7) and POF within next 5 degrees.
ANNode just on MC. That is + for ASC team.
Last Moon's aspect is trine with APOF that means ASC team Broncos will win.
Odds: Broncos 2.95 Panthers 1.42

But Moon is in Aq which brings surprise!
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.