The validity of vettius valens anthology book

Hi everyone
i read the second book of valens on the nativity and interpretation of planetary aspects and i wonder how true it is, for example when mars and venus are in bad aspect oriental too makes a man boys lover, :-? ,
Mars venus occidental a man likes women only well this is what i have in my chart it is true being both in dignity too. My question is has anyone relied on valens book for delineating charts of his clients and found validity in anthology book?
Is this book next to ptolemy tetrabiblos in historical importance?
What about the persian nativity book of Abu bakr translated by mr dykes? It has detailed interpretation of planetary aspects that makes much sense when you look at your chart.

In my opinion, those things that Valens (and all other astrologers) wrote about with regards to planetary aspects are examples meant to illustrate the kind of effects such combinations will bring. It is not as if there is only one possible effect with every combination. Also, we need to consider that a planet casts its rays to 7 other signs. Or in other words, a planet can receive influences and testimonies from several other planets, which would then affect the reading as a whole.

There's also usually more than one significator that we can turn to for indications on a particular topic, so it's not as simple as it seems.

Larxene Xenohart
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.