Uranus as death star in Thai horoscopy

Recently a French researcher based in Bangkok referred to me the following news article on Uranus worship in a major Thai Buddhist temple:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... A7ion%3D11

Thai horoscopy is basically based on Indian horoscopy (hor?) and the planetary system they used is usually the navagraha - the nine planets which include the two pseudoplanets R?hu and Ketu. It seems that the modern Thai Buddhist astrologers included also the new planets.

I find this new development rather striking and I wonder if any learned astrologers here could give me further insight on the matter before I get to meet the Thai astrologers in the Buddhist temples.

1. Assigning Uranus as the Death Star
The astrologer named Uranus "dao maruet ta yoo" ????????. The first part is a Thai word meaning "star" and the second part is Sanskrit "m?tyu" meaning death. Coinage of new words based on Sanskrit and P?li etymology is a common practice here in Thailand and there is an academy responsible for the work. But assigning Uranus to "death" is unusual, since Uranus is unknown in traditional Indian astrology and it is not exactly the furthest planet which one may associate with death (eg. Pluto). I wonder if this is a Thai invention or influence from any known modern astrological school in the West.

2. Uranus in Aries
According to the article, the entrance of Uranus in Aries marked Jun 1932 coup d'?tat which marked the end of absolute monarchy in Thailand. The return of Uranus to Aries in 84 years marks another major change. Is there any truth in this astronomically? As far as I can tell, Uranus is still in Pisces. What is the system astrologers use for outer planets? Sidereal or tropical?

3. Outer planet astrology
What is the standard or most common practice among modern astrologers to obtain the planetary longitude? NASA?

Bill M. Mak
Associate Professor, Kyoto University
www.billmak.com

On Dec 10,2016 Uranus would indeed be in Aries(Tropical) as it was on Dec 10,1932.

It is Neptune that is in pisces currently.

Uranus was also called Herschel and Herschel also discovered Mimas, and there is a crater one of the moons of Saturn- called Herschel.

Then some astrologer may have watched Star-wars and put one and one together to make eleven:
The similarity between Mimas's appearance and the Death Star in Star Wars due to the large size of Herschel has often been noted, both in the press and in NASA/JPL press releases.[6][7] This is a coincidence, however, as the crater was not discovered until 1980, three years after the film was made.[8]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_ ... an_crater)

.If one creates the modern tag words:
#Herschel,#Uranus #Saturn #Death #Moon # crater#

you get the picture and etymology.

bill

regarding point 2 - 1932 to 2016 is indeed an 84 year span... regardless what sign one wants to put uranus in - sidereal or tropical - it will be making a return to it's place in 1932 which marked the end of absolute monarchy in thailand..