The Midheaven in the chart of Belgium is 13 degrees Libra 45 minutes. Its antiscion is therefore 16 degrees Pisces 15 minutes, which is picking up the current transiting Jupiter Saturn square.

you can run a lot of charts to try to find a needle in a haystack...

i think the tie in with the solar eclipse 18 pisces 55 is a good place to start, especially if one references the natal 1830 chart for belgium with mars at 22 pisces - all on the south end of the transiting nodal axis.. one can note in the transit data for these events the moon at 19 virgo - exact opposite this solar eclipse degree and highlighting the area of the 1830 mars... there is a confluence with the nodal axis, belgium mars and the solar eclipse.. the degree of the ascendant in the 8am chart is at 11 taurus - right where the natal moon is in the belgium 1830 chart.. the ascendant in the 911am chart 8 sag is exact on the mars/saturn midpoint in the solar eclipse chart... both mars and saturn sit ominously close to both the ascendant in the 911am event chart, the solar eclipse chart ascendant for brussells and the midheaven for the aries ingress 2016 for brussells at 11 sag..

it is a venus profection year if one uses the 1830 chart with venus in detremint in virgo which again is on the transiting nodal axis - the the eclipse data and opposite the mars in pisces also on the nodal axis and eclipse points. the 45 between saturn/midheaven in the 1830 noon chart is connecting directly with 1830 neptune at 20 capricorn - sa midheaven at 20 aries, while sa saturn is at 4 pisces 21.. transit mars at 5 sag in the event chart is directly on all of this too.. the midheaven in the 8am event chart is quite close to all of it as well.. mercury in the solar eclipse chart is at 5 pisces...

not sure how one can string it all together to point to the event, but the mars/venus opposition in the 1830 chart being highlighted by the eclipse cycle would seem to be a good starting point...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Brussels_bombings

"Two brothers, Khalid and Brahim el-Bakraoui, are believed to have carried out the suicide bombings at Brussels Airport. A third man, seen with them in security camera video of the airport, has been identified as Najim Laachraoui (born 18 May 1991). Belgian police subsequently issued a wanted notice for him. These men were linked to the same terrorist cell that plotted the November 2015 Paris attacks"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35879141

The BBC website gives Khalid el-Bakraoui's date of birth as 12/01/1989 in Brussels, Belgium. In brackets age 27 years. I hate that form of date of birth, as it could mean 12th January 1989 or 1st December 1989, and I have no idea which way round the French write it. Because he is 27 years old, I assume it means 12th January 1989, but will look for corroboration before I do a chart.

Edit: Wikipedia is giving their dates of birth, and that 12th January 1989 is correct. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Brussels_bombings

No time of birth known. I have used 4am. I am first noticing the Chiron Uranus/Venus opposition, which was activated by the transiting Sun in Aries. His natal Phaethon is about 25 degrees Aries, conjunct his Mars. His Moon's North Node is 7 degrees Pisces, antiscion 23 degrees Libra, so the antiscion of his South Node is conjunct Mars and Phaethon. Transiting Neptune in Pisces (religion) transited across this point in early Pisces in recent years. Phaethon, according to Raymond Henry, is about racial memory and our connection to the past. The Moons Nodes are, among other things, about our significant connections to others, who we love. It is stating the obvious to say Mars is about militancy.
Last edited by fleur on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.

james_m wrote:
i think the tie in with the solar eclipse 18 pisces 55 is a good place to start
I am not familiar with using solar eclipse charts. I have looked at eclipses in the past and they really haven't seemed to correlate to events at all. But that degree area you mention does seem significant so I should at least look at the chart and see if it does anything. The Solar Eclipse was on 8th March 2016 with the Sun and Moon conjunct at 18 degreees Pisces 55 minutes. Do you have a time so I can do the chart?

Slow on the uptake - fell last night and neck is in major pain but holiday weekend. I will try to wait until Tuesday to seek treatment.

I used the progressed Capsolar with eclipse charts. The Capsolar is a chart done for the Sun's entry into Sidereal Capricorn using the Fagan-Bradley ayanamsa.

Resulting charts are presented in the Tropical zodiac for the convenience of most.

I have used eclipses with progressed natals, progressed solar and lunar returns for years.

Progress the Capsolar (using the apparent Sun difference - transit Sun minus ingress Sun, difference added to ingress MC) to an event then place an eclipse chart around it. I use all eclipses occurring during the previous year before an event.

Progress the Capsolar in Brussels and place the March 9th solar eclipse around it. The Capsolar Venus-Saturn midpoint is on the IC as is the Sun-Mars midpoint (IC 255?18', Venus-Saturn 255?27', Sun-Mars 255?58'). Please forgive any typos. I Lost my hard drive last Primary night and am working with a used backup I bought for an occasion like this. Not familiar with everything yet as the previous owner had some special graphics software on it which is still here. And the function keys are in different places.

After looking at the charts I like to eliminate points not aspecting the angles. In Solar Fire create a file (I named mine SPECIAL) in "Chart Options", "Displayed Points". Edit it to populate it with the points you want displayed. Put the biwheel into a program to erase or fill over points you have chosen that are not relevant to the finished display. You can edit the file later to repopulate it to use with other charts.

The progressed Capsolar MC was 75?18'. The March 9th SE Saturn was on the IC when the MC was at 75?11', transit Saturn at 255?25' was stationing on the IC in square to the eclipse and the Neptune-eclipse midpoint. The SE set at 74?26'. A square to the MC (W Pt) was at 345?18'. The Neptune-Eclipse midpoint (or Neptune-Sun, then Neptune-Moon, if you want to separate them) was square at 345?45'.

Placing the September solar eclipse around the progressed Capsolar (MC 75?18') yields the eclipse on the Asc at 76?11' and the eclipse Saturn-Pluto midpoint (260?55') on the Nadir (260?23'). NOTE: The Nadir is not the IC. It is a point exactly 90 degrees from the Asc in right ascension.

Hard to focus with the pain and my brain is scrambled trying to recover data from my crashed hard drive.

Eshelman's work, like mine for progressing lunar returns, is based on the work of Cyril Fagan, who discovered or rediscovered the Sidereal zodiac. The methods described below are straight from Fagan's work. All Western Sidereal methods are based on Fagan's work.

There are 2 methods of progressing the solar return. The SQ (Solar Quotidian) method progress the return 1 complete revolution of 360 degrees while the PSSR (Progressed Sidereal Solar Return) method progresses the return about 1 and 1/4 revolutions so that the progressed angles dovetail with the angles of the next solar return.

Solar Fire uses the Mean Sun in its calculations but stumbles when the return is progressed to a time very near to the start of the following year's return. Do 2 consecutive solar returns, input the date and time of the second return as the date and time to progress to, then click on "Progresed Solar Return". Compare the resulting angles with those of the second return. Also check the position of the progressed solar return Moon. It should have only moved about 13?. Further, Cyril Fagan preferred the use of the Apparent Sun's right ascension in calculating the progression. With a little innovation, this can be done using Solar Fire.

Follow the steps in the image below to progress a solar return by either or both methods.

Once the clock time of the progressed solar return has been computed edit the solar return chart replacing the clock time of the solar return with the calculated clock time to do the progressed chart complete with progressed planets. In figuring the clock time for the progressed planets, the 9.856 Sec/Hr acceleration may be skipped, if desired, as it will only change planetary positions by about 4 minutes of time in a whole year of progression, about 2 minutes of arc in the Moon's position (the fastest moving object in the chart). But remember that will leave the MC about 1? short of its true position if progressed for a full year.

hi bob,

thanks for trying to walk me thru the technical details of this. are you doing this all via solar fire?

i have heard this term quotidan before.. last time i tried to figure it out it translated an another type of progressed chart, but i can't remember how it works..

so, are you taking the cap sun ingress as a solar return chart from one year to the next? what is the solar return in this example?

sounds like the solar quotidan method is much like transits, except 365 or 1 day per day, verses the 360 is more like 59. something minutes per year with the sun. maybe you have a link with data i can read that explains the rationale for me more fully, as i am not getting it via your notes here. thanks - james

ps - looks like you are working with solar fire charts anyway..

Create a base chart for Capsolars by clicking on "Chart", selecting "New", type in the location you want to do Capsolars for frequently (like Washington, DC; the White House; the Capitol Building; or your home location). If you want to change the time zone from DST to standard input a date in standard time. Be sure to check that the time zone box shows the time zone you want. Choose your preferred house system, "Fagan-Allen zodiac", and "Geocentric coordinates". Click on "OK".

A chart will be cast in the sidereal zodiac for the data input and it will be highlighted.

Click on "Chart", "Return and Ingress", select "Current", "Natal", "Advanced and Ingress". Click on "Options"'
Select the Sun, 1 for the harmonic, "0?Cp00'00" for "Position or Ingress", Choose "Current Return", 1 for the number of returns. Click on "OK".

A return chart will be cast for The "Capricorn Ingress of The Sun" showing the Sun at 00?00' of Capricorn using the Fagan-Allen Ayanamsa and it will be highlighted.

Click on "Chart", go down to "Edit". The menu will extend. Click on "Toggle Chart Zodiac". The chart will be transformed into the Tropical Zodiac. Rename it something like "Base Capsolar " or some other identifier and save it to use for doing future Capsolars presented in the Tropical zodiac. BE SURE TO CHOOSE "Prec. Corr" ON THE "Returns and Ingresses" PAGE WHEN USING IT TO CREATE OTHER CAPSOLARS (PAST OR FUTURE).

In "Preferences", select "Misc"and choose "Display as LST Times" in the Parans box. Click on "OK".

Now that you have the Capsolar, locate it to where you want the progression for. Do the event chart. Open the 2 in a biwheel, click on "Reports", choose "Star Parans", set the orb to 0?. In the "Upper" column, subtract the return Sun data from the event Sun data (NOTE: If the return Sun data is larger than the event Sun data use the data in the "Lower" column. You will get the same result).

Add the result to the data for the MC in the "Upper" column. The result will be the LST of the progressed chart. In the speculum choose a planet having a time close to your calculated time and do a chart for that planet's angularity in "Chart", "Rising/Setting". If the time is before the return charts time the date must be set to the next day. If the angularity chart LST time is short of the LST wanted the following is added. If it is greater than the calculated time the following is subtracted.

A chart will be done with a LST time for the MC (MC Upper column) close to the time you want. The difference in MC LST between this chart and the MC LST you want is added or subtracted to the clock time of the chart to yield the correct progressed chart.

thanks bob.. i will try to wrap my head around the key parts of this that i need to understand.. some of it is straight forward enough, but there parts that i am not fluent with.. thanks.. james