nicolas maduro / venezuala

marjorie orr shared a time for maduro off a birth certificate - via astro.com.
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Maduro,_Nicolas

as it turns out, maduro has his mars at 19 leo, so he is under the impact of the upcoming solar eclipse here.. overall my take on the north node going over a persons planet is favourable... it is the south node that i am told is more problematic.. however an increase of martial energy, however temporary, can swing the wrong way too.. it turns out the moons last aspect prior to him being born was the sextile to mars, so mars is strong natally.. it is also a nocturnal chart, so mars is more likely to work in a positive sense..

perhaps the bigger issue is the ongoing pluto transit at his descendant. the approaching jupiter- pluto square will land very close to his angles as well. my quick read here is he stays in power and continues to have powerful forces like the usa/financial complex, try to take him down.. i heard goldman sachs stands to profit nicely on all of this, while the opposition said they won't honour the financial responsibilities put on them here.. that sounds like a recipe for keeping maduro in power...

maduros 2016 solar year is a saturn - cap - profection year.. in the natal chart saturn sits with the south node natally... to me this part of the chart suggests someone committed to serving the people, but i am still a novice utilizing nodal related data.. saturn is strong in aquarius - 8th sign to the cancer ascendant, but problematic given it is the malefic of opposite sect and in the 8th sign... however, aside from the wide square to venus, it connects favourably by aspect to his sun/mercury conjunction...

the solar return from 2016 has mars on his natal saturn, so immediately one can sense the great difficulty facing maduro, which one could have seen much earlier if they were looking at his chart a year ago!! the saturn/moon square in the 2016 solar return isn't helpful either - moon ongoing ruler of his cancer ascendant.. however the sr 16 chart has 24 leo rising, with sr 16 sun hitting the midnight angle.. superficial glance at the 2017 solar return looks more favourable with venus on the ascendant, jupiter and sun not far away.. that is until one sees the ruler of the scorpio ascendant is mars in libra in the 12th house.. mars is in opposition to uranus, while pluto squares both at the top of a t square... it suggests the problems facing maduro aren't going to go away quickly...

beginning on his birthday in nov 2017, it will again be profection saturn in aquarius which coincides with saturns natal position... i guess a superficial read on this is that maduros fate is very much in the hands of others.. saturn in the solar return for 2017 is in a conjunction with mercury in the 2nd house - again finances emphasized and no surprise..

no one talks much about profection data... this 2016 year with cap rising profection is the sign opposite his ascendant.. generally i think that is always more challenging, but especially if the chart looks a certain way.. maduro has the next 17 months to work out until nov 2018 when pisces profection happens...

solar arc data has sa moon 45 saturn - more saturn, dang! sa sun 135 pluto - that doesn't sound helpful either, lol... 4 years ago the solar arc directions lined up better. i wonder if that was when he got into power?? it pays to read bios on people when you look at their charts.. i have yet to do this here.. i see now he has been pres since 2013 which makes sense given the position of the solar arc data.. sa ascendant would have been on his pluto at the time, while sa jupiter opp natal moon...

it would probably be good to look at a chart for venezuala.. aries ingress quick read is positive.. 28 pisces rising, so sun on the ascendant.. saturn on the midheaven, in a diurnal chart - looks good too... moon applying to saturn - not so good, but this was for the whole world!~ the libra 2017 ingress has aquarius rising, saturn in the 11th.. sun is in the 8th, but 9th sign to ascendant.. it is not a bad looking chart... maybe once the msm heat dies down, things will work themselves out.. i always get anxious when predator nation starts yammering on, putting all their mouthpieces in the news 24/7 making comparisons to a leader and a bunch of tyrants... bad optics...

James

I've not looked at Maduro's chart

But the work I've done on the Venezuela chart does not show things getting better anytime soon.

In fact it shows the leadership weakening even further over the coming months and mid 2018 pretty much in chaos.

After that it calms down considerably.

Although these predictions are available on my blog the astrological significators aren't, so if you are interested in a copy of the report with those significators then p.m. me with the request and your email address
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

hi amelia,

thanks! yeah - maduro isn't out of the woods until his nov solar return 2018, which kind of aligns with your view on the chart for venezuala... i am curious if you could offer a brief synopsis for everyone here based off the chart for venezuala.. how many charts for venezuala are there to choose from? thanks~!

The chart I use is:
Venezuela: 8 September 1777, 12pm local time San ildefonso, Spain relocated to Caracas,
Based on "Establishment of the Captaincy of Venezuela by Carlos III, The History of Venezuela", By H. Micheal Tarver, Hollis Micheal Tarver Denova, Julia C. Frederick, Google books

Note that my policy on charts is to try to use the oldest I can find for a country's identity, and I usually ( though not always) relocate from the "parent" country if there is a legal independence date. If I can't find any other information I use Nick Campion's book.

I rarely use more than one chart for any nation, but one could come up with plenty for Venezuela.

Regarding interpretation:
There is so much going on in it over the next 18 months and beyond that it is difficult to summarise....

Transiting Neptune is crossing the progressed MC, all square Uranus for the whole 18 month period. Uranus is quincunx the natal Moon and is currently square natal Pluto. Saturn is also quincunx Mars. All that is being activated by Jupiter transits. I said that for June-Aug this indicated on-going issues including underground opposition and matters relating to the oil price would be to the fore.

September sees the ending of a Pluto trine to the Sun meaning the leader's power will weaken thereafter.

In 2018 progressed mars opposes mars all year indicating protest and confrontation.

Things peak in March to May when the progressed Moon conjoins Neptune, transiting Neptune Pluto is quincunx prog Asc as well as continuation of the current Neptune and Uranus transits. Neptune will reach opposition to the Sun then too, though there are some supporting trines. When Uranus enters Taurus it also opposes the country's Saturn. I expect increased instability then to the point of revolution.

It continues much of rest of 2018 and intensity increases again September and October, when Jupiter creates a number of triggers.

2019 is not as bad conflict-wise but there is no real resolution of leadership as Neptune continues to oppose the natal Sun. When Saturn hits the IC in early 2019 it is the beginning of a new cycle to build the country but this won't happen over night.

It is possible that things don't completely resolve until late 2020 however as that is when the transiting Saturn Jupiter conjunction hits the country's Pluto Saturn square.
??
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

thanks amelia!

i see there are a number of charts for venezuala.. marjorie orr was using two Venezuela charts ? 24 June 1821 and 22 September 1830 and also commented on a 3rd - 1921 chart.. siderum has posted an 1811 chart... i might be tempted to work solely with maduros chart in combo with the presidency chart which marjorie also shared - 10 April 2013 2.05pm..

this is a general comment that would be more suited to the philosophy section.. it seems when things are going wrong somewhere, it is easy to be more fatalistic as an astrologer.. i am guilty of it as much as everyone else.. i wonder how much of what we see is in the chart and how much is what we project off the events taking shape? it is of course impossible to know and all astrologers will strive for objectivity...

back to one of your comments amelia - 2020... yes, that year is a watershed year from my pov as well, but more in general for the world as a whole given the jupiter/saturn conjunction and the saturn/pluto conjunction that both happen close to one another.. i wonder if at that point some different system of finances will be demanding to be born at this time? i say this as i see so much of the strife and hardship directly connected to countries like greece or venezuala getting into a type of debt situation that they can't get back to normal from... argentina went thru something similar as have a number of other countries.. i honestly think the financial systems in place - central banks, imf, world bank, international bank of settlements, and etc - are not working in a way where everyone is getting treated fairly.. these institutions favour some countries much more then others..

currencies not backed by anything other then one's faith in them and etc. etc. - all coincide to create a volatile scenario where we find a lopsided role that some currencies play over others.. i am thinking specifically of the us$ being denominated and used as the currency to value oil.. so many of the ongoing conflicts at present seem to revolve around oil.. i can't help think venezuala is also a part of this..

James said
i wonder how much of what we see is in the chart and how much is what we project off the events taking shape?
I think it is always possible to project the outcome when it is in the bounds of our knowledge- but not when it is something that is outside what our minds are capable of perceiving. I've seen it a look with stock market forecasts- very good astrologers who are so convinced the conditions suggest a fall that they predict one even when the charts are really saying "no" - it is their lack of understanding of the broader economic picture that is at fault.
2020... yes, that year is a watershed year from my pov as well, but more in general for the world as a whole given the jupiter/saturn conjunction and the saturn/pluto conjunction that both happen close to one another.. i wonder if at that point some different system of finances will be demanding to be born at this time?
I believe something on these lines is going to happen. I'd don't think Venezuela is key, though it could be, but Greece I believe is likely to contribute to the process from next year. However Greece alone shouldn't cause it so either there is a domino effect or something else is going to happen- S Arabia or ( less likely but no impossible NKorea) could be triggers. With the exception of S Arabia and Venezuela the resource rich countries have the better charts for the period so I expect the oil price to rise again in the medium term

Having said that I don't think we are looking at complete meltdown in 2020 due to what I say about Neptune below.
i am thinking specifically of the us$ being denominated and used as the currency to value oil.. so many of the ongoing conflicts at present seem to revolve around oil..
It has been my theory for some while ( more than a decade) that what we see in the western world is the product of the oil boom triggered by the 1892 Pluto Neptune conjunction, but also the related consumerism and credit issues since 1950 that tally with the ongoing Sextile. Because of the sextile we are somewhat protected until 2030 or more ( I'm glad I am of an age to check out by the time of the square!). So although 2020 events are likely to address a great deal of the debt issues that have grown since 1981, it isn't likely to be the end of the bigger phase.

hi amelia,

the reason i ask the first question which you have responded to is i have picked up a certain bias in my own thinking, especially when it comes to world events, like this one in venezuala... the initial impression i have is 'it won't end well'... that is what i guess i am referring to as my own slanted perception on this event, but i can apply it to many others too! so, how much of this is happening before i even look at the astrology?

i think it is much harder for astrologers to find a positive bias in general... it is what i am coming to conclude on many who practice astrology.. it is almost like the reason we do astrology is to try to understand the situation better, but start from a particular position that might not be all that neutral generally speaking..

thanks for answering that either way!!

that is very interesting how you are incorporating the 1892 neptune/pluto conjunction chart in relation to the oil boom... what do you use for the neo-liberalism boom? lol... you don't have to answer that if you don't have any ideas!!

regarding 2020 - it could manifest many different ways.. it might be a collective recognition of the financial system having to be replaced by something that looks less like a ponzi scheme as one possibility... i don't know what happens, other then to speculate and continue to believe it is a watershed moment for the world collectively.. interestingly the conjunction of jupiter/saturn happens at the beginning of aquarius as well!

it is interesting re reading this thread! amelia has made some very good comments... if amelia is around, hopefully she can give us an update, but if you read amelias comments - the transit of neptune to the opposition of the natal sun in the 1777 chart make a huge amount of sense at present given maduros leadership role being in question by some, in particular the comments of the usa president / regime change artists the world continues to embrace for the most part..it will be interesting to see how all the poodles respond to this...

here is the chart that amelia is working with as i understand it.. again, hopefully amelia can comment more...

the transit of neptune along with the present square transit of saturn / mars, all connect with this chart strongly as does the sec prog midheaven that amelia noted earlier.. as well, solar arc directions put an emphasis on the sun, with sa midheaven and north node in opposition to the natal sun at 16 virgo...

below is the chart that SIDERUM was sharing which is found in nic campions book with a 12 degree libra ascendant... of course this lines up with the recent mars-saturn square even better in some respects...

Hi, James!

No time for a more meaningful contribution, but did you guys check the 6 Jan eclipse (applied to Venezuela, of course)? Mars was squaring it yesterday from Aries (NB Saturn who is moving there right now).

i might be tempted to work solely with maduros chart in combo with the presidency chart which marjorie also shared - 10 April 2013 2.05pm..
Also: there was a second inauguration just two weeks ago. 10 Jan 2019 15:00 (source Wikipedia, but I checked the local press that reports the time - it's OK).
Last edited by Mari on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

additional note - mari, it would be good to get a specific time when juan guaido made this announcement yesterday of his 'presidency' and just what the location was..

hi mari,

thanks! i did look at the chart for his 2nd inauguration - last night... but, i couldn't find a time for the event... maduros first inauguration chart took place at approx 205pm, so that was what i was looking at last night for this jan 10 2019 data... if you have a source for the 3pm time, i would be curious to see it..

the 2nd inauguration chart is a bit tricky and mixed bag with ruler in the 8th sign moving to conjunct saturn, ruler of the 8th, while squaring onto mars in the 11th... saturn also rules the midheaven degree, so 1st house ruler with the 10th. saturn is essentially coming out from under the beams of the sun, so i think all this is more favourable for maduro then not, but i could be wrong... both planets are in the 8th whole sign which is problematic and in keeping with the challenge that venezuala faces here.. i am not sure how this is going to play out.. venus and jupiter in the descendant seem positive from the pov of assistance from others here.. the moon is moving into the conjunction with neptune square jupiter - not so great..

i have an earlier degree ascendant then the chart you have posted.. i get Venezuela Time
Time zone in Venezuela (GMT-4) but she you are using 430 in the chart above..