Particularities of cazimi vs combustion

I am hoping a more senior astrologer might be able to help. I have read different things about the degrees for Cazimi (including on the glossary on this site on this page http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html) -- that it is 15 degrees or 16 degrees from the Sun. Or that it is "anything less than 17 degrees" from the Sun. Even Lilly sounds contradictory on the matter...but he states
when a Planet is within 16 minutes of the Sun, he is said to be in Cazimi, or heat of the Sun, and then it's an addition of fortune, and he is wonderous strong.
So which is it? Whatever number is correct, I presume that is a hard and fast exact orb, ie you cannot be 15.75 or 16.83 in the event that the distance between the planets is not exact. Is that correct?

I am also interested in knowing if one can technically "Progress" the horary chart past the current aspects shown, and if so, how far it can be progressed to see a specific planet's outcome. Only to the end of its current sign? Or further?

In the chart attached, I'm curious the reasons why I am right (or wrong) that this is a pregnancy/conception ending in miscarriage.

L1 Moon (Fertile Pisces) conjunct L5 Venus (semi fertile Libra) (= pregnancy?) but in the 10th house (less than ideal placement) in hot barren Aries - not the best location for them.
Venus/child is 16 degrees away from Sun which in theory would, if that is cazimi, give her more power to combat the Sun's rays. And both Moon/Venus will trine Mars from its home of Aries in another 8 degrees before either of them bumps into the Sun. BUT if we progress further, both Moon/Venus will move into combustion with the Sun and burn up (die).

Please correct me if I"m wrong on those points? I welcome any feedback.

https://beta.postimg.org/image/k8ztgu31j/

Re: Particularities of cazimi vs combustion

Polina wrote:I am hoping a more senior astrologer might be able to help. I have read different things about the degrees for Cazimi (including on the glossary on this site on this page http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html) -- that it is 15 degrees or 16 degrees from the Sun. Or that it is "anything less than 17 degrees" from the Sun. Even Lilly sounds contradictory on the matter...but he states
when a Planet is within 16 minutes of the Sun, he is said to be in Cazimi, or heat of the Sun, and then it's an addition of fortune, and he is wonderous strong.
Hello Polina,

you obviously mistake minutes in the text of Lilly in his cazimi definition for degrees.

Combustion and under the sunbeams is in degrees, cazimi is in minutes.

So for example the Moon applying to the Sun and entering his orb is first under his beams, then burnt or being in combustion, and only 16 or 17 MINUTES before both lights are in perfect conjunction she will be in cazimi.

oohhh. That makes more sense. I thought it was the other way around that caszimi came first...then a period of under the sunbeams...and then combustion with conjunction. Thanks for clarifying that.

if someone might comment then on the prospect of "progressing a planet" with regards to combustion as the future of the planet's path/outcome, I'd be interested to hear thoughts.