Navamsa Comparison of Prince Charles with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
and Diana, Princess of Wales
(Krishnamurti ayanamsa)

Many years ago I did some work on Diana?s chart, but I can?t find the file now. I remember there was much debate about her time of birth, afternoon or evening. For this comparison I?m using the 7:45 pm time which now has a Rodden rating of A. For the comparison between Charles and Diana and Charles and Camilla, for brevity I?m noting only the closest conjunctions by degree.

CHARLES AND DIANA:

D9 to D9

21 Libra Asc D9 Charles
16 Libra Moon D9 Diana

21 Aries D9 Desc Charles
17 Aries D9 Jupiter Diana

This is an interesting contact (Diana?s Moon-Jupiter opposition falling on Charles? Asc-Desc axis) as Jupiter rules children, and the primary purpose of the marriage was to produce an heir to the throne. This purpose was fulfilled with two sons, and would have been seen by an astrologer who used India?s predictive astrology. Diana?s Moon on Charles? ascendant probably related to an initial physical attraction.

8 Capricorn D9 Ketu Charles
10.5 Capricorn D9 Venus Diana

Any Ketu (Moon?s south node) contact between charts can point to a past life relationship that more often than not brings difficulties into the present life. In her book on lunar nodes Celeste Teal writes that Ketu can drain Venus and eventually drifts away. It is known that after his marriage Charles returned to Camilla which devastated Diana. This D9 conjunction is in a sign of Saturn which suggests a lack of joy in the marriage. There is a further Saturn contact in the D9 charts in Aquarius that suggests problems in communication:

5 Aquarius D9 Mercury Charles
11 Aquarius Saturn D9 Diana

And yet another Saturn contact:
20 Cancer D9 Saturn Charles
25 Cancer D9 Pluto Diana

Charles Radix to Diana D9
11 Libra Ketu radix Charles
14 Libra Mercury radix Charles
16 Libra Moon D9 Diana

And a warning conjunction:
28 Scorpio Mars radix Charles
28 Scorpio Ketu D9 Diana

Charles D9 to Diana Radix
8 Capricorn Ketu D9 Charles
4.5 Capricorn Saturn radix Diana
12 Capricorn Jupiter (fall) radix Diana

And another clear warning conjunction:
2 Aquarius Pluto D9 Charles
5 Aquarius Mercury D9 Charles
2 Aquarius Moon radix Diana
6.5 Aquiarius Ketu radix Diana

Pluto with Mercury in Charles? D9 chart and the overly sensitive Moon with Ketu in Diana?s radix all placed together suggests an implosion of energy between mental Mercury and the emotional Moon.

Most contacts between Charles and Diana involving the navamsa (D9) chart involve Saturn and/or Ketu.

CHARLES AND CAMILLA:

The D9 contacts between Charles and Camilla are quite different than those between Charles and Diana. We have timed charts for both Charles and Camilla. It is recorded that the two enjoy a close, comfortable relationship and are fast friends. Notice the number of close D9 contacts between the charts.

D9 to D9
21 Libra Asc D9 Charles
17 Libra Asc D9 Camilla

11 Pisces Mars D9 Charles
08 Pisces Venus D9 Camilla (Moon 3 Pisces)

2 Gemini Jupiter D9 Charles (Moon 6 Gemini)
2 Gemini Mercury D9 Camilla

8 Cancer Rahu D9 Charles
7 Cancer Sun D9 Camilla

Charles Radix to Camilla D9
12 Cancer Asc radix Charles
07 Cancer Sun D9 Camilla

Charles D9 to Camilla Radix
21 Libra Asc D9 Charles
25 Libra Jupiter radix Camilla

1.5 Gemini Jupiter D9 Charles
6 Gemini Moon D9 Charles
17 Gemini Moon, Venus radix Camilla

24 Gemini Sun D9 Charles
27 Gemini Mercury radix Camilla

Using the navamsa chart to predict compatibly between people gives a much more complete picture than using the natal charts alone. The navamsa has been said to reveal a deeper psychological signature than the natal chart, which in India is related mainly to external conditions and events.

Margherita, thank you for your interest in the D9 chart. I found it helpful to take the time to note these comparisons which I had only done mentally before.

Therese
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Therese Hamilton wrote:
Margherita, thank you for your interest in the D9 chart. I found it helpful to take the time to note these comparisons which I had only done mentally before.

Therese
Thanks, you were very kind, I learned a lot from your examples.
If I could ask, what about a north/south node conjunction in a radix/D9 chart (Scorpio/Taurus)?

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Margherita wrote:
If I could ask, what about a north/south node conjunction in a radix/D9 chart (Scorpio/Taurus)?
The nodes crossing like that might indicate a strong connection between two people. But I don't have an example in mind right now. So maybe this is only a theory, and node/planet conjunctions might be more important.

An idea that seems to be gaining in popularity is that the Moon's nodes indicate important karmic connections. If there are other important planetary connections between two charts, then it seems that it should be significant if the nodes cross north to south. But the bottom line for me is, "I don't have an answer," because I can't remember any example charts with that connection. It may be that the nodes are mute unless they conjoin a planet or angle in another person's chart.

Therese
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Therese Hamilton wrote: An idea that seems to be gaining in popularity is that the Moon's nodes indicate important karmic connections. If there are other important planetary connections between two charts, then it seems that it should be significant if the nodes cross north to south.

Therese
Thanks, very exhaustive

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com