Intelligence in a horoscope?

I was looking at this chart, of one of the most intelligent people on the planet Evangelos Katsioulis http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/posting.p ... wtopic&f=3

The pattern that jumps out is Mercury 7 degrees Aquarius 09 minutes, square Uranus 6 degrees Scorpio 54 minutes, and also square the Moon's antiscion 8 degrees Taurus 06 minutes. Ascendant 8 degrees Scorpio 30 minutes.

Closer study shows Venus at 21 degrees Sagittarius is 45 degree semisquare to 6 degrees Aquarius, so equally part of this pattern. Phaethon is 21 degrees Gemini, so opposition Venus, and part of this pattern.

I was surprised that the outer planets, Neptune, Pluto and IsisTranspluto, don't seem to be part of this pattern, but that just shows my limited knowledge of what to look for to find intelligence in a chart.

I have often noticed that in charts of very intelligent people, Venus can be powerfully aspected even when Mercury doesn't seem to be. I remember reading something Lois Rodden wrote, that the Sun is involved in intelligence. She should have known, as she was herself a member of Mensa. Evangelos Katsioulis' Sun is 45 degrees to his Neptune.

There is a long list of the most intelligent people on the planet here http://superscholar.org/smartest-people-alive/ and some or all of them might be on Astro data bank. I will try to slowly study them.

I was listening to a documentary about James Hanratty, so looked up his astrological chart on astro data bank.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Hanratty,_James

His natal Phaethon is 26 degrees Libra, antiscion 4 degrees Pisces which is opposition his natal Mars at 4 degrees Virgo 34 minutes, which was transited on 22nd August 1961 by Pluto in Virgo.

According to Wikipedia he had a low IQ. It doesn't say how low, but I read somewhere that an IQ of around 80 is a "sweet spot" for criminality. Hanratty comes across as quite a powerful personality, and had already been diagnosed as a psychopath. The 2002 retrospective DNA test that seemed to show him as the perpetrator may have been contaminated by treatment of samples that wouldn't be permitted nowadays.

He wasn't a weak personality, the Moons Nodes square his MC/IC axis, bringing him to the attention of the world, fame, and he has a Pluto/IsisTranspluto conjunction in Cancer very close to his Ascendant. His short life seems to pick up the mood of that era, angry young men.

Looking at his chart made me wonder about karma and especially why somebody would be born with a "low IQ"? Does it just mean that he wasn't middle class, or his anger at his circumstances made him not relate to middle class ideals?

Listening to the documentary and looking at his chart and reading the Wikipedia article on him made me wonder if IQ defines us, if it is an essential part of our personality, or just another layer, a veil of ignorance?

I have no idea if he was guilty or not.

Edit: I was thinking about James Hanratty and that documentary, and seeing the image of the old early 1960's motor car which he drove. Here is a guy described as having a "low IQ", who can drive a car. This has always seemed to me so ironic, that the average person has no trouble driving a car, whereas I could never ever drive and my mother could never drive either. My IQ has tested well above average, and it isn't just a fluke for me as my mother clearly had a high IQ too, well I couldn't swear to it but it did look probable.

It isn't just driving cars, it is all practical skills. I know what astrological signature that has for me, issues with Saturn. It isn't just practical skills, sometimes it feels like there is something seriously wrong with a part of my functioning, just not something that IQ tests test.

I am looking at this chart of somebody who supposedly had a low IQ and, criminality apart, seeing somebody who could function in Saturn's world, and feeling envious. Even wondering if Hanratty's Jupiter Saturn Neptune T square was both giving him ease of functioning in the material world and part of what gave him his low IQ, which has been described as a lack of ability to think in abstract terms. Abstract seems antithetical to Saturn's realism.

Also James Hanratty had good social skills, enough to impress his barrister, an educated and intelligent man. Good social skills are supposed to be typical of most psychopaths, and Hanratty had already been diagnosed as a psychopath.

I found this article, on Vedic astrology, interesting in that he says the two indicators of intelligence are Mercury and the Moon http://www.jyotish.ws/wisdom/intelligen ... ology.html

He then goes on about houses and lords of houses, which is where he loses me.

Interesting about the fifth house being to do with karmic rewards, which can manifest as intelligence. Obviously this is a Vedic concept. This doesn't for me explain the complexity of situations as well as modern Western astrology, where Mercury being strong is only good for intellectual skills that aren't necessarily a karmic advantage, if you compare say a scientist with a reality star most people consider the reality star more successful in this society.