Will I stay abroad for another year?

Hello everyone,

talking to a friend about her working abroad, she was wondering if she will be able to stay there another year before returning to her motherland. After this conversation, I was wondering what should be checked if someone asked a horary question like that:
- Look at the Lord of the 1st house to see when it changes sign? Or when it changes house?
- Take the Lord of the 9th house as significator of the foreign country and see if it makes an applicating or separating aspect with the Lord of the 1st?
Anything else?

Thanks for your ideas.

Iris

Hi Iris,

Here are some ideas:

First of all: context!

How long has she lived abroad?
Is going back to the motherland considered to go back home?
What factors have a bearing on her staying or moving? Money? Visa/permit? Job? Marriage? Etc. Does she have the power to decide? What does she want?

Charts come in various flavors and it may well have an upcoming aspect to a relevant planet, or a relevant prohibition, etc. So you always have to consider the context.

The simplest, well behaved, chart, without any aspects might show L1 in a fixed sign, indicating "no change" therefore she will stay another year. Period.

L1 at the end of a sign could indicate moving, depending on the context and the qualities of the signs in question AND above all: receptions, because change in receptions shows change in interest or that which has power over her and will always corroborate the context.

If she is already in a foreign country then the foreign country is her current home so this particular foreign country cannot be house 9. Where she is is house 1.

If she has lived for a long time in this foreign country and the motherland is no longer "home" them an aspect with L9 could show her going to the motherland.

An aspect with L4 could mean she going "home" IF the motherland is considered to be home and the question involves a "longing" to go back home.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Hello Felipe,

thanks for your thoughts.
In this particular case, my friend has worked abroad for 3 years now but she is doing it only because of pure necessity, would need to work another year over there for the same reason and would not want to stay there a minute more than is necessary. Going back to the motherland would absolutely be "going home" for her.
No other connections (love or friendship) are invoved.
Thus, I would not consider the country in which she stays now as her home ? but I find your note that the place where one stays actually is "home" worth considering.
Also, I have not thought of the 4th house and its Lord as the significators of "going home"?.
Thanks,

Iris