Delphic Oracle XPF (Cross Platform)

The New Cross-Platform version of Delphic Oracle will be out soon. Until then, I'm offering free upgrades to Delphic Oracle XPF (aka version 9) for currently registered (if you have v8 you're already grandfathered in) and new users of version 8 until it's released. This new version has high resolution graphics with graphical capabilities similar to Adobe Photoshop with gradients, alphablending, etc, and a new user interface with many new features never before implemented similar to enhanced multi-dimensional astrocartography (TerraChron). The new version will go up in price...

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/delphi ... nload.html
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Linux

Hi Curtis - thanks for this update. Will cross-platform abilities extend to Linux? I know this OS is a left-field, marginal choice, but I've been using it for a number of years and managed to get DO7 working under Linux and Wine.

I would gladly upgrade to DO9 with cross-platform abilities if you have managed to get your software working in Linux.

All the best. Ed
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Hi Ed,

Kylix was a hot topic around the year 2000, but it didn't become very popular. Tim Delchiaro has said that Linux is on the roadmap. There were rumors that Linux would be one of the supported platforms after iOS and Android in 2012 but I haven't seen anything on it yet and it isn't currently supported natively.

It would be interesting to see how the windows compilation handles Linux/Wine in the XPF version. Theoretically it could work. The windows registry is no longer used and ini files are favored but the compilation will still be a windows recognized binary. This should be the only tangible external difference. There are internally differences in the code of course, but if it can run on Windows then it should run on Linux/Wine assuming that the kernel is compatible (of which I'm not sure). The argument that it should work is based upon the principle of backwards compatibility.
Curtis Manwaring

You can have some idea now on how things might go by running TerraChron from version 8 of Delphic Oracle under Wine. TerraChron was built within the new framework but is a separate executable. In Delphic Oracle XPF, TerraChron is built within the XPF version. The XPF version is supposed to default to the best graphics library that is available (Direct2D, GDI+,...).
Curtis Manwaring

At Curtis' request I removed Graham Fox's last post because the link, in Curtis words, resulted in a ping attack. I probably should have just deleted the link, but I didn't think of that until after I deleted the entire post. Too late now. Apologies all around.

Very sorry for causing the trouble, if anyone has difficulty accessing DO update files for the XPF or any other versions, don't post links here, contact Curtis direct, he's always ready to help.
Graham

Sorry for not replying sooner Graham. Everything was fixed rather quickly. I've been delayed working on Delphic Oracle XPF. The old mobile design on my website which relied upon secondary sub-domains had to be scrapped so I had to take time to update the javascript and CSS for mobile. I'm still not satisfied with it but it will have to do for now. I didn't want to rewrite 1400 pages to fit in something like Wordpress because the framework of these pages has been in place since the 90's.
Curtis Manwaring