Matthew is correct, while in office Presidents cannot be criminally prosecuted. The reason should be obvious. Political opponents would dream up one charge after the other to hamstring the sitting President. However once out of office the President can be charged and tried.

The Trump University trial is civil not criminal. If Trump loses, it would look bad, but there are no criminal proceedings in the wings. If there were, he would have to be indicted in order to get past the statue of limitations. Then after he's out of office, proceedings could begin.

Having a few unhappy customers is not evidence of fraud. When companies are stopped by the Federal Trade Commission for false or misleading advertising, no one goes to jail.

Matthew wrote:
When HRC looked like the winner it was said that incumbent presidents were immune to criminal prosecution. If that is so then it is over is it not?
A front page headline in today's (12 November) San Francisco Chronicle: "Trump facing dozens of suits"

"Presidents can claim legal immunity for official actions they take in office, but not for their earlier conduct."

This is why President Bill Clinton could be sued by Arkansas State employee Paula Jones for allegedly harassing her while he was governor.

More details at SFChronicle.com
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

i would like to thank the posters who commented on the gilded cage thread before it got up ended and locked... thanks deb for the book recommendation.. i have ordered it. thanks everyone. i had hoped to comment but that option has been taken away..

James_M wrote:
i had hoped to comment but that option has been taken away..
Relax James. I simply put the lock on as a temporary holding measure as I have no time to sort out which posts I plan to delete at present. It was getting a bit fractious. Bound to happen once we get away from astrology and into our own personalised political analysis of the US election. I will be sorting that out later and re-opening the thread. In the meantime I am finalising my roundup of all the predictions made on the US election. Putting that out everywhere on Sunday.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

This is why President Bill Clinton could be sued by Arkansas State employee Paula Jones for allegedly harassing her while he was governor.
The Paula Jones case was a tort. Not criminal

i would like to thank the posters who commented on the gilded cage thread before it got up ended and locked...
Those liberal establishment status quo types are SO thin skinned, aren't they?

I blame the weak Libran Mars in the April 2014 Grand Cross for all that, because the current social and political and astrological climate all stems from that cosmic configuration.

How dare those plebs (Jupiter in Cancer) vent their frustrations with the corporate elites (Pluto in Capricorn) at the ballot box! Shock and Rage (Uranus in Aries)!

The rest of Brexit and Trump is detail...and in fact, we saw Trump, or a Trump coming - Uranus in Aries - he could have been any type old Trump, he is really an Independent because the repubs literally disowned him.

France, Germany, Holland to follow suit...

On pending lawsuits against Trump from conservative media outlets:

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art ... dent-elect

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/trump-m ... t-for-now/

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/could-donald-t ... ed-1590977

A sitting president can be called upon to testify to the House Oversight Committee, as (R) Jason Chaffetz pledged to do for Hillary Clinton, had she been elected.

Prior to election day I spent a fair bit of time looking at the Clinton and Trump candidacies from several (modern) astrology perspectives as well as the Aries Ingress chart. I thought that both candidates showed some promise and some difficulties so far as the vote was concerned. Now we see that Clinton won the popular vote, but Trump won the decisive Electoral College vote.

But regardless of the winner, astrologically the next POTUS seems in for a difficult time.

Saxon wrote:
Those liberal establishment status quo types are SO thin skinned, aren't they?
As your fairly new to this forum let me recap the forum position for you and others. This forum is only for discussion of mundane astrology. Its not like some FB astrology groups where flaming or partisan politics seems to be the order of the day. And its not a soapbox to set out our political views either on the right or left.

This kind of approach is all the more necessary just now in regards American politics when the country is arguably the most polarised it has ever been in living memory.

Your latest comment plus the one I have deleted on the Guilded Cage/Trump Presidency thread) is provocative and looks designed to get a counter-reaction. Stop it and stick to the astrology. This is not up for debate.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Aurelia wrote: Of course - there is also a possibility of revolution with astrological conditions like this (let's not forget Jupiter is in a justice-loving Libra, and Mars being on 0 Aqua) ...but then again it doesn't seem US is a fertile ground for that... Anyhow, I'm looking forward to read what's written here once it's all over ;)
P.S. All the attacks on the credibility of mainstream media might reach their goal - people trust them less and less - maybe that's the revolution we are about to see? I mean Wikileaks started the uproar - who knows what comes next?
In short: Saturn in Sag (ideology shift, going back to the roots - but what are they when it's about USA? That's to be seen) +Jupiter in Libra +Mars behaving in extraordinarily powerful way are the key planets to watch I believe.. Any thoughts?.
:lala Oh I have to brag a bit with this prediction :lala
Does anyone have a suggestion about the time when this "revolution" started? So I can erect & examine the chart and maybe share some insight to be evaluated by members here and then by the reality / final outcome itself...?

Let's try this for "revolution":
The election was called around 10.30 hrs here in Israel, and I see Fox has time "2.40 AM" but no idea which city / timezone it would fit... so I calculated what time it would be in NYC, and erected this chart:
Looks interesting, doesn't it? Jup conj AC and opp Uranus in 7th (orb too wide for my taste, but the aspect is applying, and it does explain the situation..)...
With Pluto conj IC and Mars also in 4th adding to the stress homeland is enduring...

Venus in 3rd = media supports the uproar (trine Ura in 7th), but also Saturn there supports Jup on AC (sext)... Well okay, both sides have supporters in media I guess, nothing new there...

But now I'm looking at that Pluto on IC again and suddenly the picture started to look scary, as it is the leg of a T-square...
Will the "revolution" be shut down by violent means?
Pluto is in authoritarian / tyrant sign of Capricorn after all...

MC conjunct Sirius with 33 minutes orb promises this thing will be remembered in a way...

Date(s) to watch: Dec 29th when Ura goes Direct, (and maybe April 14th when Ura leaves Rx zone)

I think the uproar will pass, but will have a legacy - people will remember it...
Any thoughts? (about correct time of event for a start ;-)

Therese Hamilton wrote:

More details at SFChronicle.com
Well maybe HRC could be done for drunkeness and bullying of her employees but I fail to see how astrology can predict on those grounds how she will fare for the next four years as president
Matthew Goulding