A question about my daughter

I have a question about my daughter relating to her development.

My question is whether it would benefit her to engage in more serious studies in ballet/ice skating than to continue to let her enjoy current classes which are less structured? She is the kind of child that loves to do everything - I could put her in soccer, gymnastics, piano, ballet, anything, and she loves it. However, she picked ice skating (took to the ice naturally and improved rapidly in group classes) and ballet to focus. I realize she is young at age 4 1/2. However, I wonder if it might be time to get her more serious lessons in both activities?

Financially, the ballet classes don't cost more than what she is in now on weekends but it would definitely be more structure - less of the frills and skirts and "play" she currently is involved in. I really have 2 questions now that I'm writing this: 1. Is she ready/will benefit from more structured ballet classes at age 5? 2. Should she focus on ballet/ice skating or broaden her horizons and try different activities since she is still so young?

A few things to note about my daughter include her ability to focus. She has strong concentration skills and she is very coordinated. She also loves the spotlight and definitely has a flair for music. I play classical piano and informally teach her. She's always been very into music - singing, dancing, playing flute, whistling, etc. And although she is only 4 1/2, she has a very sharp wit and is extremely intelligent. This is not to suggest she acts older than her years but I would say she is remarkably easy when it comes to transitions - ie making friends, enjoying preK, participating in activities, potty training was super easy for her, etc.

I grew up entrenched in activities - I did tennis, track, piano, violin, ballet, ice skating, gymnastics as a kid. Of all these things the one thing that stayed with me was piano which I attribute to studying with quite some structure. Although I didn't become a concert pianist, I studied with some of the more well known musicians. That structure and focus studying piano was of great value. My regret is that I didn't start earlier and had to suffer through a lack of technique as a result.

So I'm a fan of a kid focusing on 1-2 activities deeply and having them learn and develop those skills correctly versus just doing something to say they've done them. However, at age 5, when we sign up for activities during the school year again, I'm wondering if I'm pressing too hard (and dictating her stuff based on personal experience when I should be considering what's best for her) or going against her grain by changing her into a ballet class that will not allow the tutus and frills she enjoys at this age? I guess I'm uncertain whether the kid has any specific talents or whether she is just happy go lucky in personality anyway, and if so maybe she wouldn't benefit from too much focus at this early age??

Below is her chart. Note retrograde Mercury (age 9 direct) combust but since retrograde, not sure if it's helping the combustion? Also NN cazimi. Trine with Pluto/Venus, Moon/Jupiter and Mars.

Thanks for your insights.

Mama, I think you are correct to let your daughter tell you what appeals to her.

Since the activities you describe seem like recreational activities, I'd assign them to the 5th house. Mars in that house suggests activities with a physical or athletic component. Your daughter's 5th house is ruled by the sun, located in the 7th house, which also has Mars as house cusp ruler. As she gets older, your daughter might enjoy a twosome activity, such as pairs figure skating or dancing that requires a partner.

As you stated, "She is the kind of child that loves to do everything - I could time her and soccer, gymnastics, piano, ballet, anything, and she loves it"

? Her interest is very wide. However its concentration on one particular point is short and can often change interest.

So on the one hand a wide interest is advantage on the other hand is a problem in terms of short-term interests, where after the initial enthusiasm quickly comes to saturation and re-search for something new.

This is a problem of character, and in this regard in order to maintain interest at a certain point it is necessary that the child always has some new additional interest to be able to keep the interest at one point.

So next to the selected content allow another added that managed to retain the interest on the first selected where additional content serve a buffer zone to maintain the interest for the first selected content

Means if you allow the child more content only in this case may be one of the contents can be a lasting interest

secondly
This and next year are otherwise the year with increased interest in additional activities that will demonstrate their own creativity

Third
on What must be considered is an exceptional emotional sensitivity and probably will from time to time need to show withdrawal in isolation and needs to be alone in his inner world

fourth
the need for dramatic events or dramatic way experience in her life

Alex

sorry for my English