Adding house cusps to essential dignities

Hello, all!

Everyone that uses Solar Fire must be familiarized with the table called "Essential Dignities (Ptolemy)".

My question is: is there a way to add analyzed points to the table? Specifically the house cusps.

The default table shows the Rul/Ex/Trip/Term/Face/Det/Fall from the Moon up to Node, then the ASC and the MC. But I would like to have the rulers for all the cusps. Is it possible?

Best Regards
Yair Alon
Kabbalist

Yair Alon wrote:
Everyone that uses Solar Fire must be familiarized with the table called "Essential Dignities (Ptolemy)".

My question is: is there a way to add analyzed points to the table? Specifically the house cusps.

The default table shows the Rul/Ex/Trip/Term/Face/Det/Fall from the Moon up to Node, then the ASC and the MC. But I would like to have the rulers for all the cusps. Is it possible?
Whatever house system you use you can determine the planetary rulers of any degree in the zodiac by referring to essential dignity table. Its not a bad habit to check what your software does manually.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

House Ruler/Almuten in Dignity Table

Hi there - I don't think you can add the house cusps to the dignity table, as the points listed are determined by the points file selected. I can't see a way to add house cusps to these files. However, using the dignity and almuten editor under the Utilities menu, you can create custom lists of almuten calculations including house cusps. It's a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it you can create any number of combinations. The calculations can then be displayed in tables created within the page editor function.

The standard almuten calculations for house cusps can be displayed within the reports function->tabulations->house cusps. This will give you the almuten for each cusps using the default algorithm. This file can be edited if you wish to alter the parameters. I think it's solar.alm within the Almuten and Dignities folder in the Solar Fire User File. My preference is to leave this alone and create one's own *.alm files using the dignity and almuten editor. If you chose to edit default ones I suggest making a copy of the original file before starting just in case something goes wrong.
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Thank you for the answers so far!

Zoidsoft, I too am using another software for this: Morinus. But it's not practical at all to use two softwares to have a simple information like that. So in most cases I end up doing it "by hand" as Mark suggested.

Astralwanderer, I am a heavy-user, and indeed, I discovered what you said yesterday after I posted here. The points listed in the dignities table are the points selected to be shown in the chart. So I can add fixed stars and the most unknown of the asteroids, but not the house cusps :?

As to the almutens, I have a special table showing them, but it is not precisely the almutens I want, I would like to have the rulers themselves at a quick glance, without having to use my printed tables. I don't even want the score, only the rulers.

Anyway, thank you all! It seems there is no easy way to do it :-(
Yair Alon
Kabbalist

Re: Adding house cusps to essential dignities

Yair Alon wrote:Hello, all!

Best Regards
Morinus->Tables->Almutens->points (F2)