Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

3 sub-systems in natal chart analysis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
librafeng2010

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: 3 sub-systems in natal chart analysis? Reply with quote

According to Mr spearbearer(i do not konw his true name.he is a Hellenistic Astrology expert):

“If the natal planets represent the ideal possibility, and the lots are the probable apportionment, then the twelfth-parts could suggest the actual outcome resulting from the determination made between the major players involved.”

and according to Mr Schmidt,whereas the lots belong to the “descending path” of the differentiation of planetary powers, the twelfth-parts belong to the “ascending path” of the unification of these same powers.”

and accroding to <Rhetorius>,"if the dodecatemorion of Mars falls into the place of Venus,he will be an adulterer"

and according to Mr Schmidt,dodecatemoria represents "outcomes" of the planet.”

and according to Mr Schmidt,”The purpose of the lots is to single out meanings from more general significators such as the planets so that these more specific meanings can be studied in isolation in the chart. “

========================================
for example,moon can signify fortune,mother,wife etc
lot of fortune can be studied in isolation(it represents fortune)
lot of mother can be studied in isolation(it represents mother)

so maybe lots and dodecatemorion are very important in chart analysis?or natal planets,lots and dodecatemorion are 3 sub-systems in natal chart analysis?
any discussion?

========================================
BTW:I am a Hellenistic Astrology learner from China.
And i am not good at writting english.
If there is any mistake in this post or my post makes you unpleasant,please forgive me.
Marius Cojoc

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msg deleted

Last edited by Marius Cojoc on Sat May 03, 2014 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Marius Cojoc

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msg deleted

Last edited by Marius Cojoc on Sat May 03, 2014 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
librafeng2010

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Thank you very much Mr Dracon Reply with quote

Thank you very much Mr Dracon.
I'll read your posts carefully.
librafeng2010

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

want more discussion
lihin

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Awaken the inner Mercury Reply with quote

Good afternoon,

As mentioned in other threads, in my humble opinion attempts to simplify, label, package and sell a few astrological 'schools' or periods like 'Vedic, Traditional, Classical, Hellenistic, Mediaeval, Renaissance, Modern' are commercially and psychologically understandable but doomed to fail.

In every astrological period, school etc. encountered to date, there are in my humble experience essential differences of opinion on even basic astrological symbols amongst the various authors.

Astrology, methinks, is essentially 'mercurial'. One learns to read charts. If one wishes to more than dabble in it, one does well to 'awaken the inner Hermès', the mental capabilities of coherence, comparison, discernment, judgement and the like. One simply cannot expect and in my opinion should not even desire to have everything chewed, digested and packed into neat bundles by 'gurus'. There are and will always be rough edges that require attention and diligent experimentation. Indeed, many contemporary astrologers are even overtly opposed to methods of scientific research in astrology and prefer 'channelled wisdom' via mediums and similar agencies as hallmarks of quality. By scientific i do not mean dogmatic 'scientism' that for example includes only material and efficient causes.

All of this is applicable to Hellenistic astrology. Instead of attempting to gloss them over, one does better by putting the differences of doctrines, approaches, methods, emphasis, etc. amongst the authors into stark relief, then by testing for inner coherence, then by experimental application. It should be obvious, but often is not, that incoherence in theory cannot become coherence in practice. The work of Dr H of Regulus Astrology is, methinks, a positive example of how this can be done in the framework of Mediaeval astrology.

Best regards,

lihin
librafeng2010

Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: wish Mr Zoidsoft and other Hellenistic astrologers to reply Reply with quote

wish Mr Zoidsoft and other Hellenistic astrologers to reply this post
zoidsoft

Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: wish Mr Zoidsoft and other Hellenistic astrologers to re Reply with quote

librafeng2010 wrote:

Spearbearer was Alan White who passed away on Aug 18, 2011. Sorry, I don't really have any comments. I missed that workshop.
librafeng2010

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: wish Mr Zoidsoft and other Hellenistic astrologers to re Reply with quote

zoidsoft wrote:
librafeng2010 wrote:

Spearbearer was Alan White who passed away on Aug 18, 2011. Sorry, I don't really have any comments. I missed that workshop.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Thank you very much for your reply,Mr Zoidsoft
librafeng2010

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Awaken the inner Mercury Reply with quote

lihin wrote:
Good afternoon,

As mentioned in other threads, in my humble opinion attempts to simplify, label, package and sell a few astrological 'schools' or periods like 'Vedic, Traditional, Classical, Hellenistic, Mediaeval, Renaissance, Modern' are commercially and psychologically understandable but doomed to fail.

In every astrological period, school etc. encountered to date, there are in my humble experience essential differences of opinion on even basic astrological symbols amongst the various authors.

Astrology, methinks, is essentially 'mercurial'. One learns to read charts. If one wishes to more than dabble in it, one does well to 'awaken the inner Hermès', the mental capabilities of coherence, comparison, discernment, judgement and the like. One simply cannot expect and in my opinion should not even desire to have everything chewed, digested and packed into neat bundles by 'gurus'. There are and will always be rough edges that require attention and diligent experimentation. Indeed, many contemporary astrologers are even overtly opposed to methods of scientific research in astrology and prefer 'channelled wisdom' via mediums and similar agencies as hallmarks of quality. By scientific i do not mean dogmatic 'scientism' that for example includes only material and efficient causes.

All of this is applicable to Hellenistic astrology. Instead of attempting to gloss them over, one does better by putting the differences of doctrines, approaches, methods, emphasis, etc. amongst the authors into stark relief, then by testing for inner coherence, then by experimental application. It should be obvious, but often is not, that incoherence in theory cannot become coherence in practice. The work of Dr H of Regulus Astrology is, methinks, a positive example of how this can be done in the framework of Mediaeval astrology.

Best regards,

lihin

thank you very much for you reply,Mr(Ms?)lihin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: