Priest Murdered in Normandy Knife Attack Siege

Two men armed with knives were today shot dead after murdering a parish priest and holding nuns hostage in a church in northern France.

They rushed into the place of worship at Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, in Normandy, during a morning service, soon after 9am.

A parish priest was killed by the two assailants at the church, said a spokesman for France?s Interior Ministry.

The clergyman, who has not yet been named, had his throat cut with a knife, the spokesman added.

Shots were fired by police a few minutes after the assailants entered the church and, according to local police sources, both men have now been killed.

?They had entered the church by the back entrance, and took five hostages,? added a local police source.

Those held included the priest, two sisters from a local order, and two parishioners, said the source.

He said that a third nun had escaped and raised the alarm.

Saint-Etienne du Rouvray has a population of 30,000 and is around seven miles from the city of Rouen.

Last edited by Mark on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark should we change the name of this thread to 'stabbings in Normandy' and make a link to the thread about the stabbings in Japan that occurred a few hours before (described as "the country?s worst mass killing in decades"). It is striking that two shocking knife attacks occurred around the same time, as the Moon crossed over Uranus, both involving victims that society would normally consider sacrosanct.

I drew both charts with Regio cusps where the following points jumped out at me:

In the Japan killings involving disabled victims the Moon is disposed by Mars which falls on the 6th house cusp (with Saturn in 6th). Moon is drawing into the conjunction with Uranus on the 11th house cusp (symbolically associated with relief, benefactors, etc) but accidentally afflicted by the presence of Uranus and the rulership of Mars. Moon applies by an inconjunct aspect to Jupiter on the IC. Jupiter is strongest planet by angularity but essentially debilitated, so its normal function of bringing benevolence is impeded (in other words, violent impulses show no mercy for the weak and disabled).

By contrast in the French event involving religious victims, the Moon is partile in its conjunction with Uranus in the 9th house of clergy. It now applies by in inconjunct aspect to its dispositor Mars, which is the most powerful planet, again angular on the MC.

Let's hope no more to come.

Deb wrote:
Mark should we change the name of this thread to 'stabbings in Normandy' and make a link to the thread about the stabbings in Japan that occurred a few hours before (described as "the country?s worst mass killing in decades")

Hi Deb,

Sure. I will change it to Priest Murdered in Normandy Knife Attack Siege.

Deb wrote:
It is striking that two shocking knife attacks occurred around the same time, as the Moon crossed over Uranus, both involving victims that society would normally consider sacrosanct.
Yes hard to ignore the role of Uranus here in the event chart.

I drew both charts with Regio cusps where the following points jumped out at me:

Deb wrote
In the Japan killings involving disabled victims the Moon is disposed by Mars which falls on the 6th house cusp (with Saturn in 6th). Moon is drawing into the conjunction with Uranus on the 11th house cusp (symbolically associated with relief, benefactors, etc) but accidentally afflicted by the presence of Uranus and the rulership of Mars. Moon applies by an inconjunct aspect to Jupiter on the IC. Jupiter is strongest planet by angularity but essentially debilitated, so its normal function of bringing benevolence is impeded (in other words, violent impulses show no mercy for the weak and disabled).

By contrast in the French event involving religious victims, the Moon is partile in its conjunction with Uranus in the 9th house of clergy. It now applies by in inconjunct aspect to its dispositor Mars, which is the most powerful planet, again angular on the MC.
I confess I have completely lost interest in trying to delineate event charts like this without reference to a bigger context like a prelunation, ingress, or national chart. With the plethora of terror attacks, shootings, and bombing charts occuring around the planet I find the explanatory power of an event chart rather limited at present. Still, I know a lot of people find it interesting to have something to look at. Maybe, its a form of astro therapy giving us all a way to try to find some explanation and come to terms with such crazed, irrational violence.
If we look at the prior full Moon chart we see the Moon in detriment in Capricorn on the equal 10th house cusp/ nonagesimal. The Full Moon is squaring the ASC/DESC angles and POF in the chart. Traditionally, this debilitated Moon is overcome by the planet in the 10th sign from it. In this case that planet is a powerfully dignified Mars in Scorpio. This applies to both the stabbing incidents.

In the Normandy chart we see Pluto on the MC and Uranus near the ASC angle.

However, any astrologer looking at mundane issues at present has to start reflecting that these events are just triggers which form part of global astrological cycles not just localised lunation, ingress or national charts. I therefore opened this thread to look at possible astrological explanations for why we seem to be in such a troubled period.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9187

Deb wrote:
Let's hope no more to come.
I hope you are right Deb with all my heart but I do find some of the astro omens worrying over the next few weeks. We do have Saturn Rx on Antares and it stations right on this star in August. We also have the Mars-Saturn conjunction coming up on Antares on August 24th so I fear we have a lot to get through this planetary via combusta yet.

Still, Saturn does at least go direct on August 13th. Hopefully, that will take things into a more peaceful period.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

And another one http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... erlin.html a doctor in Berlin, Germany, shot while working.

I agree with Mark, there has been a whole spate of these attacks over a period of time, and the individual chart of the one event shown doesn't seem to show what is happening, whereas the lunation chart does. I don't normally look at lunation charts. I would add to that 20th July lunation chart that Phaethon was 24 degrees Gemini.

Thanks for adding then lunation info; always relevant, as are other mundane events. Of course, we are always working with only part of the picture. Even when we've identified a sensitive period, its effects are going to be heightened in the nativities of those people whose personal charts connect to it. But I think it is worth exploring each individual event chart too, without expecting too much from it. This period of the Moon transmitting Uranus in Aries has brought out a whole spate of stabbings. I did a Google news search for stabbings limited to within 24 hours this morning, and there were too many to list here.