what is the strip?

I think you just have to look at the whole chart and know planetary speed. An emphermis helps the most. You are looking to see if the planet can complete the aspect.

Plant A and B making a trine to each other..but Planet C completes an aspect with B before B can complete aspect with A.

I notice more times than not the moon will interfere most of the time, but not always there could be another planet that does. I hope this helps and made sense.

prohibition and frustration are the same in planetary movement (I could be wrong drawing this from memory)...planet A makes aspects to planet B, but planet C comes along and completes an aspect with A or B.

Here is a good article about i: https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2018/08 ... astrology/

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/diction ... ration.php

Refranation, is if planet A and B were making an aspect but before they complete the aspect..planet b goes retrograde and moves away from planet A.

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/tobyn2.html

I find you need to know the speed of the planets, but emphermis helps a lot if you remember the order of the zodiac and understand planetary speed. (best way to remember this is on average how long does a planet stay in a sign)

I would avoid using software to identify it if you are a beginner. You really want to learn how to do it on your own first.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

Thanks, Eleanor!

I understand the concepts well, but my question was if there was an easy way to spot those withou having to use an ephemeris or "advance" the chart.

The strip is simply the planets of the chart arranged in a strip from 0 to 30. So it helps checking if there is a planet "in the middle" or "in between" of two other planets, but it disregards aspects.

This is the closest I could get to an easy way os spotting these impediments.
Yair Alon
Kabbalist

It helps if you understand what applying and separating aspects are and knowing which planets are faster or slower than others. I just look at a chart and see these types of aspects without need of looking at anything else, but I also already know a lot about the speed of planets and have a general idea of when a planet is going to turn retrograde because I already look ahead a lot for natal chart reading and transits, etc. I sometimes find it necessary to check an ephemeris to see if an aspect perfects or not, in case of retro, stationary or slow movement. In cases where the aspects are very tight and it is not clear which planet will make it before another one aspects, I will make a chart to see which planet aspects first. This is rarely necessary.

Yair Alon wrote:Thanks, Eleanor!

I understand the concepts well, but my question was if there was an easy way to spot those withou having to use an ephemeris or "advance" the chart.

The strip is simply the planets of the chart arranged in a strip from 0 to 30. So it helps checking if there is a planet "in the middle" or "in between" of two other planets, but it disregards aspects.

This is the closest I could get to an easy way os spotting these impediments.
Just knowing planetary speed. Retrograde you most of tge time have to look at emphermis if not dealing with planets on the daily or weekly. Becomes easier to spot in chart the more chances you get to read chart.

Maybe there is software for this and you could find it.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

Planetdance Horary Software

Hi there - I have just coded a new horary module for Planetdance which includes many of the features described in the thread. Planetdance is an amazing piece of freeware (genuinely) that is developed by Jean Cremers from the Netherlands. I've included a screenshot below and you can see the menu where the various options are listed, including the vital listing of planetary speed. This script should help you with your horary enquiries.
You can download Planetdance from www.jcremers.com. There is also a Facebook forum for help and support with the software, although the various modules usually include detailed help built in.

If you have download the software, please post your thoughts back here. It would be helpful to know what you think about the module and how it might be developed.

All the best. Ed
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Hello, astralwanderer!

Thank you for the hint, it looks precious. I’m downloading the software now and will certainly try it and give you a feedback.

I already have more ideas of things that could be added to the software, in case you want some help on this matter.

BEST!
Yair Alon
Kabbalist

Hello, astralwanderer.

I downloaded the software and used it, maybe we can chat privately so not to deviate from the topic of the post.

But being brief, I liked the program a lot. The menu I found that could happen with OP question is the planetary speed, right? This is very useful but I have this in other softwares too.

When I mentioned something to make the process easier, I was thinking about the software itself maybe showing frustration, refrenation etc. I don’t know if you know Janus, but it has the function. It would be great to have something similar.
Yair Alon
Kabbalist