astrology programmes?

Hiya....

I am a beginner in astrology though for many years I have been reading about it, and absorbing as I went along. My question is that can anyone tell me a good astrology programme?

That calculates the charts for me.....I would need one that was not over my head so a beginners would be great....also I have noticed on Astrodienst if I was to put in todays date it would not come up with a chart....are there programmes that can do this....also is there a separate horary programme?

Sincerely

NeptuneMystic

Hello,

My little friend that I couldn?t do without is WinStar Express from Matrix Software. Until recently I used it just as much, if not more than Solar Fire. As I have progressed Solar Fire meets my needs better, but WinStar Express is always running along side it (they?re both running now). Click ?Bi? and you have current transits outside the radix chart. Click ?Tri? and ?Quad? and you have secondary progressions and solar arc directions. There are natal, transit and synastry interpretations, and they?re pretty good! Any time you want a chart for the current moment, as for horary, click ?Now? and ?Here? and you have it. There are no horary interpretations, however. It will also compute solar and lunar returns. I?ve had the program exactly 2 years now. I did have some problems at first, but with version updates it has become quite dependable for me. I love it! The larger program, WinStar Plus, is another matter. I have had a lot of problems with it, but those also have decreased the past year or so. With WinStar Express you may want to check with Astrodienst to verify charts. The atlas may not be the most accurate, especially with time changes, but I have had very few problems in that respect. It?s a great program to begin with, and is flexible and useful enough for continued use if you buy a larger program.

Some of the Express interpretive report programs are also quite good. I don?t know about the UK distributor, but over here there are always significant discounts?often such as ?buy 1, get 1 free?. If you are able to get a good discount on one of those if you purchase WinStar Express, I recommend ?Heaven Knows What? based on the book by Grant Lewi, or ?Sky Log? by Steven Forrest for transits and progressions.